Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robert Garcia once again was exposed as an average trainer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fail to see how Garcia is an average performer because of Nonito's performance. It's neither of their faults that Vasquez performed at a Clottey-esque performance for most of the fight. Maybe you are upset that Garcia trains Margarito who holds a win over Cotto. If Garcia was an average trainer then there is no way in hell he would have won trainer of the year. True story.

Comment

It's not hating. I don't give a F about trainers. But it's very apparent that Rios and Donaire, his two main pupils have gotten to a plateau as fighters and haven't shown any significant improvement in their last few fights.

People claim Roach and Steward are overrated, Buddy McGirt is shi!@# on everytime in here, etc...so why do you get so sensitive when talking about RG, it just how I ser things.

Comment

I don't think you can judge from last night cause Nonito was fighting with one hand. What improvements are you looking for from him? I guess he could work behind his jab more and box his way in rather than jumping in and eating leather. I think he would have gotten the KO if he had not hurt his hand.

Comment

When was the last time Rios or Donaire lost again?

Comment

Was Nacho Beristáin exposed after Kirkland knocked out Angulo as an average trainer?

How about Freddie Roach? is he average after Linares lost to Demarco?

Neither of those men are average trainers imo.

And you know what? neither is Wilfredo Vázquez sr who had a solid game plan for the most part.

Garcia is a good trainer because at the end of the day it's all about results and thus far Nonito Donaire and Rios and Mikey Garcia and others in his gym are doing quite well. The Seckbach videos have created certain ideas of Robert and the methods of his training but he is really solid and a good teacher.

I think that the problem for Nonito in this fight was that perhaps he was trying a little to hard to please the fans and went in recklessly with a broken hand no less to give a show. Nonito did not respect Vázquez nor his power and simply went through the motions showing off and playing to the crowd while trying to get a knockout while Vázquez was following his own game plan and trying to avoid the knockout and trying to win as well.

Nonito needs to relax, listen to his corner, and he be careful because we have yet to see how well his power will carry over to 122 but as always it will be fun to watch cause Nonito is a hell of a fighter.He will be fine though because if he ever fights the Gamboa's or Rigondeauxs of the world you know he will follow a more disciplined and intelligent game plan.

Of course you are entitled to your own opinion as that is your right and I applaud you for it because we all have different opinions and perspectives and that fact alone for better or worse is what makes boxing such a unique sport.

Just adding my own two cents for whatever it's worth.

Have a great day all.
            Last edited by BxFanViento; 02-05-2012, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X