Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you typically pay for small jobs/chores or do you do them yourself?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you typically pay for small jobs/chores or do you do them yourself?

Like washing/waxing and detailing your car for instance. Or landscaping, tree trimming, painting...etc

Or say you have a DIY project that you'd like to complete around the house but you aren't 100% sure you are capable of doing it yourself or maybe it's just too time consuming.

Do you take the time and effort to research and complete these small/oddball projects, or do you pay someone to do it?

My wife and I are usually busy so we have a pretty cheap maid service where they come out about once a week to do some basic cleaning.
    It's too hot in Dallas to mow my lawn so I get that take care of too. Everything else we pretty much do ourselves.

Big projects depends on if I could do myself and what the price is of someone else doing it

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
      My wife and I are usually busy so we have a pretty cheap maid service where they come out about once a week to do some basic cleaning.
      It's too hot in Dallas to mow my lawn so I get that take care of too. Everything else we pretty much do ourselves.

Big projects depends on if I could do myself and what the price is of someone else doing it
      Yeah, I'm the same way. I do wash and detail my own car though.

I also do have a gardener to maintain my front and back lawn.

Comment

if i can do it myself, i do it....but its nice to keep people employed whenever possible. some people depend on us hiring them to do shlt we can do

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
          if i can do it myself, i do it....but its nice to keep people employed whenever possible. some people depend on us hiring them to do shlt we can do
          True. Do you cut your own hair?

Comment

I have free labor. Nice group of people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tribe View Post
              True. Do you cut your own hair?
              hell naw. i let the pros fnck it up

(im never satisfied)

Comment

I make it a point to almost never have anybody help me with anything...kind of on the lines of if you want something done right you got to do it yourself, so In the last 17 years living on my own the only two things I can think of is I paid someone else to fix was my heater that was acting up and have my sewer pipe snaked for roots clogging the pipe, and that was after me trying to fix it myself for about 8 hours before my lady said give up and call somebody, I try to be as self sufficient to a fault as possible I guess you could say !

Comment

it all depends on how i feel. Sometime I hire poeple just to help em out with some cash.

I hired someone to clean my yard to put 50 bucks in his pockets

Comment

also, could be

''id rather be doing that than this....let me call so n so.''

Comment

Working...
                    X