Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eating salads first thing in the morning.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    instead of eating a salad just get a blender it drink your greens in a smoothie. I used to eat salads when I was cutting and man it gave me a stomach ache for some reason, but when I started juicing it kept me full and I never got that pain in my stomach. I think because you can drink more fiber in blended smoothies, it also helps clean your colon out with all the fiber.

I love my vitamix.
    you've got to be careful what veggies you eat if you're having stomach issues. Generally, if you're looking for fiber, eat green leafy veggies. Stay away from carrots, peppers, onions and veggies of that nature, if you're having stomach problems.

or just have an antacid.

Comment

What is this salad you speak of?

Comment

salads are great for taking dumps and cleaning yourself out, but there's almost nothing in them for the most part. they're mostly water.

a king sized bag of salad might have 100 calories in it, and that's probably from the little bit of sugar that some of them produce.

so long as you're eating other stuff it sounds like a good plan. i've never been one to allow the time of day to dictate the type of food i eat. most people wouldnt touch a salad at 5:00 AM. if im hungry and i've got a bag of salad (i don't have time to rinse and make my own, so i get the bags,) i'll eat it.

Comment

very useful if you need to train or run in the morning. You can pretty much load your stomach with salad and be ready to run instantly, its not like packing your stomach with heavy carbs/proteins where you have to wait a couple of hours

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            salads are great for taking dumps and cleaning yourself out, but there's almost nothing in them for the most part. they're mostly water.

a king sized bag of salad might have 100 calories in it, and that's probably from the little bit of sugar that some of them produce.

so long as you're eating other stuff it sounds like a good plan. i've never been one to allow the time of day to dictate the type of food i eat. most people wouldnt touch a salad at 5:00 AM. if im hungry and i've got a bag of salad (i don't have time to rinse and make my own, so i get the bags,) i'll eat it.
            There are lots of nutrients in salads. Did you know that spinach contains protein?

Comment

Originally posted by Trigg Happpy! View Post
              There are lots of nutrients in salads. Did you know that spinach contains protein?
              http://gentleworld.org/10-protein-packed-plants/

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                What about tossing a salad first thing in the morning? Letting the booty marinate over night.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
                  Wow I didnt Asparagus had protein. Thanks for the link.

Comment

Presumably you're not saying 'only salad' in the morning? Because the morning is the time to refuel your body and fire up your metabolism. Just salad won't cut it on that front.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                      Presumably you're not saying 'only salad' in the morning? Because the morning is the time to refuel your body and fire up your metabolism. Just salad won't cut it on that front.
                      No, after I eat my salad I get my protein and carbs in.

Comment

Working...
                      X