No announcement yet.

Death Sentence: Death by Stoning

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
    I wonder how many american jury's would recommend death by the electric chair to the judge, if they had to fry the offender themselves instead of heading home to their coffee, Couch and TV screen.

Would be an interesting experiment I think.
    I don't understand this logic at all.

There are people who voluntarily do this job, and they get paid for it. If the person doesn't like it, someone else with the stomach will replace him/her and continue.

Moral Judges get more upset when they're forced to set a proven Killer free, based on a technicality (Police not following proper procedures in getting the evidence, etc,. etc,.), and he goes on to killing more people, instead of having the bastard fried.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      This is a fallacy known as a False Dichotomy. You're suggesting that the only alternative to the death penalty is anarchy which is obviously complete bollocks.

Don't get caught up in wordplay ad-hominem's.

Erase the Anarchy part of my sentence, and my overall point still stands.

Comment

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post

Don't get caught up in wordplay ad-hominem's.

Erase the Anarchy part of my sentence, and my overall point still stands.
        There was no ad hominem. Your argument was a bad one.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
          Interesting page.. gas chambers and hangings was used all up until the late 90s and firing squads are used to this day. You learn something new everyday...
          New methods are available. The humane part would be the sentenced one being given the option of choosing how he wants to go out.

I watched MSNBC's series on prisons' and one guy (killed his whole family) preferred hanging over anything else and will get it. The problem is, the state is keeping him on death row for much longer then he likes. He wants to die A.S.A.P.
          Last edited by cupocity303; 05-29-2011, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Because it is barbaric.
            How so?

I mean it is generally accepted that the greatest human rights that we have is the right to live. When someone else seizes this right from another through murder they forfeit their own right to live. Or in short the ultimate crime should result in the ultimate punishment.

Comment

There was no ad hominem. Your argument was a bad one.
              No it wasn't. The anarchy part would be worldwide vigilantes taking matters into their own hands as a response to Government getting rid of Death Sentences.

So now official executions are replaced by private citizens performing the executions themselves. Mostly by people who otherwise wouldn't have ever committed a violent "crime" if the Law did what it's supposed to do.

Comment

That case where the acid attack woman got her revenge is good.

Apart from that these forms of punishment are out of line.

But I' not completely against capital punishment if there is a significant burden of proof.

Comment

Working...
                X