Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maidana destroys Alexander and could even break down Bradley.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PandaKilla View Post
    Yeah I feel if he can fight like the Witter fight, bounce and pot shot, and hope Maidana doesn't put on the constant pressure, then he can win.

I just can't see anyone lasting 12 rounds if they are in his rnage for all of it.
    I was thinking more of the Peterson fight, or the last half of it.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
      actually Alexander has good footwork, the problem is that he doesn't switch things up and his movement can be a little too predictable at times

you talk about what Maidana can do to them offensively...but you left out his lack of defense and his lack of movement, the guy is not a hard target at all and that is were I think Alexander and Bradley gets him...WORK RATE!

OF COURSE Maidana could catch either one of them for the KO and end it early...he has that type of Power...but I could also see him swinging at Air and losing stamina, Maidana does have stamina issues late in fights so the longer the fight goes and Alexander and Bradley catching him with quick combos late in the fight

I think they Both UD Maidana, the BIGGEST advantage Alexander and Bradley have over Khan that would make a huge difference...is that both know how to Clinch and Cover Up defensively A LOT BETTER then Khan does, Khan wins that fight easier if he clinches Maidana instead of running backwards and leaning on the ropes and covering up, Maidana has a better chance against the younger Alexander then he does Bradley though
      I mentioned his lack of defence, but also the fact that Bradley doesn't have the power to put him off.

What I mean is, Margarito VS Cotto type pressure. But Bradley generally doesn't run, and Alexander doesn't run, and get trapped in the corner and ropes quite abit. Even Kotlenik who has slow feet got him to the ropes.

Maidana has a damn high workrate, if you are in range, then you will get hit. I have watched a lot of his fights now, and can see he doesn;t stop ever. He may hit arms, gloves etc... like VS Kotelnik, but he won't stop.

Bradley definitely has a better chance to win, that is why I said could.

I don't give Alexander a chance, maybe he does have good footwork as you said, but IMO I believe it gets him to the ropes too much, anbd even if he tries switching left and right, he doesn't actually escape, he ends up in the same spot which I find weird.

I agree hugging will help a lot VS Maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
        I was thinking more of the Peterson fight, or the last half of it.
        True, good fight for Bradley, although Peterson is green. In fact I don't like Peterson at all.

Remember you can't run all day long as Bradley said about the Khan fight.

Defintiely Maidana gets opportunity after opportunity when Bradley hooks around chest height.

Comment

20 mil on bradley against maidana or khan. getting bets in early

Comment

Originally posted by patpatpts View Post
            20 mil on bradley against maidana or khan. getting bets in early
            I will bet all my points on Khan.

So 95 Mil or whatever you have.

I'll do 95 Mil on Maidana. I said could win, but of coruse he could lose, but 95 Mil straight up.

Confirm now.

Comment

True, good fight for Bradley, although Peterson is green. In fact I don't like Peterson at all.

Remember you can't run all day long as Bradley said about the Khan fight.

Defintiely Maidana gets opportunity after opportunity when Bradley hooks around chest height.
              Peterson has good potential. Maybe not a great physical talent, but he's got good technique and a very good inside game. Pretty good body puncher as well.

I remember there being some talk that Peterson could upend Bradley at that time, actually.

Comment

bradley outworks the rugged sloppyg slow maidana. and if alexander dont pull his punches he could beat maidana as well. saw what he did to urango

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
                  Peterson has good potential. Maybe not a great physical talent, but he's got good technique and a very good inside game. Pretty good body puncher as well.
                  He is weak chinned, Ortiz has decent power dropped him like 3 times.

Peterson has almost no power, and yes technically I think he is good, but he has no eye of the tiger so to speak.

Ortiz won in my eyes, and even then he went off the gas. I also do not think in terms of level that Ortiz is very good either. He is OK.

The step up from Bradley, Khan, Maidana, Kotelnik and Alexander is fairly high to the guys below for me.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer2k5 View Post
                    bradley outworks the rugged sloppyg slow maidana. and if alexander dont pull his punches he could beat maidana as well. saw what he did to urango
                    Bradley is sloppy at times, particularly when he throws his hooks at chest height. He's basically open for a shot.

He also comes in sloppy at times.

Urango got stopped, but he aint all that. Maidana is nto getting stopped.

Comment

I mentioned his lack of defence, but also the fact that Bradley doesn't have the power to put him off.

What I mean is, Margarito VS Cotto type pressure. But Bradley generally doesn't run, and Alexander doesn't run, and get trapped in the corner and ropes quite abit. Even Kotlenik who has slow feet got him to the ropes.

Maidana has a damn high workrate, if you are in range, then you will get hit. I have watched a lot of his fights now, and can see he doesn;t stop ever. He may hit arms, gloves etc... like VS Kotelnik, but he won't stop.

Bradley definitely has a better chance to win, that is why I said could.

I don't give Alexander a chance, maybe he does have good footwork as you said, but IMO I believe it gets him to the ropes too much, anbd even if he tries switching left and right, he doesn't actually escape, he ends up in the same spot which I find weird.

I agree hugging will help a lot VS Maidana.
                      Clinching Negates and Disrupts POWER, The Great Ali used against Foreman and Liston, it also can make your opponent tired if done correctly

Yes Maidana has a good workrate but he also gets tired late in fights and his legs start to wobble, seen it against DeMarcus Corley and Amir Khan

Kotelnik is not fast but Kotelnik has pretty good BOXING SKILLS he also has great defense, Kotelnik is a damn good Counter Puncher as well...his COUNTER PUNCHING is why he gave Alexander so much problems, also Kotelnik just have slow feet, but he has pretty good HAND SPEED

again absolutely Maidana can beat both but it is a Punchers Chance IMO, I don't see him Out-Boxing any of them for a Decision, as for Bradley not having enough Power...uh he really don't need it because he is not going to beat Maidana with Power ANYWAY, Maidana has a great Chin...YOU HAVE TO BOX MAIDANA...and I just think Alexander and Bradley can do that...but again Maidana can also catch them with something big and end the fight early

Maidana to me is the Arthur Abraham of the 140 division, he is the one with the Power that can stop any of those 140 guys...BUT he is probably the most One-Dimensional at 140 and he can be Out-Boxed

Todays boxing fans fall in LOVE with POWER POWER POWER that it blinds them from the other things that is important in Boxing, seeing someone get KO'd is always fun...but what happens when you can't land with all that Power? Usual it results to a Lose via Decision for the guy with "POWER" especially when that is all he depends on (Recent Example: Froch vs Abraham, Maidana vs Khan)
                      Last edited by sicko; 01-30-2011, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X