Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats more prestigious P4P#1 or Heavyweight champion of the world?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

p4p#1 for me
    you are the best of the best, not the best of the available as is the case when you only look at 1 single division.

Comment

Out of the top 10 in the GOAT list....how many are Heavyweights.

Also nobody in their right mind would put Wlad over Pacquaio or even floyd in the Alltime great list.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
        p4p#1 for me
        you are the best of the best, not the best of the available as is the case when you only look at 1 single division.
        With that said, though. The Heavyweight Champion would crush you, regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
          With that said, though. The Heavyweight Champion would crush you, regardless.
          yep, thats probably not debatable, unless you are Manny Pacquiao, then anything is possible! lol

i would be happy being a small p4p#1 fighter then being the HW champ. the public marvel at a big HW champ, but you can be sure all the p4p's peers will marvel him probably more than he does them.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
            yep, thats probably not debatable, unless you are Manny Pacquiao, then anything is possible! lol

i would be happy being a small p4p#1 fighter then being the HW champ. the public marvel at a big HW champ, but you can be sure all the p4p's peers will marvel him probably more than he does them.
            Yeah that's got to be true.

I also think other combat sports have taken away about from the Heavyweight Champ. Because, it was all about that: 'This is the man - the toughest, the biggest, the strongest, the hardest. Now there is MMA and they have their own Heavyweight Champ in a different sport - but still a combat sport. I think that might dilute it a little, MMA being popular.

Comment

Being both shouldnt be out of the realm of possibility

when you have a weak division and two dominant champions who happen to be brothers it's outside the realm of possibility

Comment

Best fighter on the planet, or best at beating a bunch of overweight no-punchers...

Ye I'll take Pacmans title.

Comment

Originally posted by victorythagr8 View Post
                  Out of the top 10 in the GOAT list....how many are Heavyweights.

Also nobody in their right mind would put Wlad over Pacquaio or even floyd in the Alltime great list.

without any order

Joe louis
                  Ali
                  Dempsey
                  jack johnson
                  and Gene tunney

all HW champions (tunney did most of his work at lhw but he gets most credit for defeating jack dempsey) some would consider in the top ten in terms of "Greatness"

it's hard to imagine now with the division being so weak and having virtually no following in the states, but the HW championship of the world used to be the most covet achievement in sport
                  and the champ was the world's most popular athlete
                  Last edited by New England; 01-27-2011, 09:58 AM.

Comment

It depends on how strong the heavyweight division is, which is piss poor at the moment. So p4p title takes it now.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      without any order

Joe louis
                      Ali
                      Dempsey
                      jack johnson
                      and Gene tunney

all HW fighters some would consider in the top ten in terms of "Greatness"

it's hard to imagine now with the division being so weak and having virtually no following in the states, but the HW championship of the world used to be the most covet achievement in sport
                      and the champ was the world's most popular athlete
                      I think Ali was ahead of Duran in the p4p rankings in the 70's.

Comment

Working...
                      X