No announcement yet.

FACTORS IN COTTO vs PAC.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FACTORS IN COTTO vs PAC.

No one is comparing PAC to Carlos Quintana OR Shane, Or Zab OR Margarito (god no) Or Joshua Clotty... Do you see where I'm going here.

What would you say the difference is between the two? somethings that we can ultimately bridge a huge defining factor that could weigh heavy heavy significance on defining the out come.

Over the past 2 years look at the variety of opponets in styles and speed or heavy handedness Cotto has fought and when he fought them, they all share a commonality. They where at their peak of their ability.

Now let's look at Then look at Pac. We have Barerra (past prime) JMM , DIAZ (sorry but a bum), DE LA HOYA (name sounds really big...but just that in the fight), Hatton ( 1 gear fighter).

Based on the pure level of competition Cotto has been fighting the best at their best. You can't argue that. Even Freddy Roach Preaches that...

To be the best, you _____________. PERIOD. When it comes fight night that apple doesn't fall to far from the tree.

Pac ability or his level of competition? well...One is synonymous with the other. He is moving up in weight, so is his body and his chin so is the extra weight to cope with how heavy Cotto will be(naturally). Pac has to fight at a high level for 12 rounds. Cotto is no stranger to that. Pac is not in with someone who will sit on the ropes and not fire back or someone who isn't afraid to take a chance or someone who hasn't gotten off the canvas before to win.

I wouldn't say his ability is worlds apart from jmm or Morales but if you going back that far to find a decent opponent at a lower weight class and out of their prime... that's a huge stretch for the imagination.

i agree i like both fighters but to much has been made of his recent victories.

Comment

pacquiao by tko5

the more aggresive cotto is , the shorter the fight lasts.

it'll be a humiliating loss for cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by -0- View Post
        pacquiao by tko5

the more aggresive cotto is , the shorter the fight lasts.

it'll be a humiliating loss for cotto.
        cotto victory by tko

pac is a great fighter but he is not a welter weight.

Comment

Originally posted by R.Winky Wright View Post
          No one is comparing PAC to Carlos Quintana OR Shane, Or Zab OR Margarito (god no) Or Joshua Clotty... Do you see where I'm going here.

What would you say the difference is between the two? somethings that we can ultimately bridge a huge defining factor that could weigh heavy heavy significance on defining the out come.

Over the past 2 years look at the variety of opponets in styles and speed or heavy handedness Cotto has fought and when he fought them, they all share a commonality. They where at their peak of their ability.

Now let's look at Then look at Pac. We have Barerra (past prime) JMM , DIAZ (sorry but a bum), DE LA HOYA (name sounds really big...but just that in the fight), Hatton ( 1 gear fighter).

Based on the pure level of competition Cotto has been fighting the best at their best. You can't argue that. Even Freddy Roach Preaches that...

To be the best, you _____________. PERIOD. When it comes fight night that apple doesn't fall to far from the tree.

Pac ability or his level of competition? well...One is synonymous with the other. He is moving up in weight, so is his body and his chin so is the extra weight to cope with how heavy Cotto will be(naturally). Pac has to fight at a high level for 12 rounds. Cotto is no stranger to that. Pac is not in with someone who will sit on the ropes and not fire back or someone who isn't afraid to take a chance or someone who hasn't gotten off the canvas before to win.

I wouldn't say his ability is worlds apart from jmm or Morales but if you going back that far to find a decent opponent at a lower weight class and out of their prime... that's a huge stretch for the imagination.
          Great stuff,give em something to think about!!

Comment

good read....let's keep the hate out of this thread

Comment

you can also make an arguement that even though cotto has been fighting prime opponents he has not looked spectacular. i think cotto style is suited to pacs style because he is heavy footed and his punches can be telegraphed.

stylisticly i think pac has this.

Comment

Pac is all heart but Cotto is just to good. People seem to have a short memory, Cotto has faced guys with super quick hand speed and good punching power (Mosely, Juddah) and come out on top. Pac has never faced an opponent with the strength, boxing ability and power of Cotto.

Cotto is going to ruin a lot of people's dreams come fight night, including Mayweather's! A fight with Pac wont sell so great if he loses to Cotto.

Comment

double post**

Comment

Originally posted by R.Winky Wright View Post

I was expecting an unbiased post specially with that good first 3 paragraphs.
                    Then I started seeing Barrera was past his prime when Pac fought him.....that's where I stopped.

Comment

Working...
                    X