Originally posted by CungLe View Post
    Pacquiao >>>Henry Armstrong all the way

its not even close!
    you don't even know Armstrong and what he has achieved
    I bet you have never seen him fight on tape

Armstrong never starved his opponents

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleMe View Post
      Never never never heard a more pathetic saying on these boards. Get out of here, NOW!
      explain yourself or GTFO

Comment

Originally posted by LeTombeur View Post
        we can also see your great objectivity looking at your nickname

anyway

don't forget one thing, there was no junior and super divisions in Armstrong's time

Armstrong was champion at 126, 135, 147, and should have been champion at 160, but was robbed

between those 4 divisions, there are today 126, 130, 135, 140, 147, 154, 160.

7 divisions in total

Isn't Pacquiao a 7 division champion ? So to me, Pacquiao hasn't surpassed Armstrong yet, and he doesn't help his case neither with his catch-weight Bull**** demands.
        wow, that was some serious ownage - i felt that from right over here in LDN

Comment

Henry fought at numerous catchweights throughout his career. He defended his Welterweight title at contracted limits of 140 many times, to name just one of the many catchweight title fights Henry contested.

Oscar De La Hoya moved down to 147 to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. In fact, he fought Steve Forbes at 150 to prepare for the Floyd rematch, and to prepare his body for the shift down in weight. Floyd "retired" for a year and a half, and Manny stepped in, moved up 13 pounds and battered the Golden Boy. Revisionists make it out that Manny drained Oscar, when it was Floyd who had Oscar moving down in weight.

Comment

Originally posted by RimmyDelicious View Post
            Henry fought at numerous catchweights throughout his career. He defended his Welterweight title at contracted limits of 140 many times, to name just one of the many catchweight title fights Henry contested.

Oscar De La Hoya moved down to 147 to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. In fact, he fought Steve Forbes at 150 to prepare for the Floyd rematch, and to prepare his body for the shift down in weight. Floyd "retired" for a year and a half, and Manny stepped in, moved up 13 pounds and battered the Golden Boy. Revisionists make it out that Manny drained Oscar, when it was Floyd who had Oscar moving down in weight.
            DLH didn't fight Floyd for a second time in the end, so he didn't have to respect demands that were on the contract for Floyd II when he was now fighting Manny, right ?

and I just looked up the WW title fights Armstrong has had
            you'll have to name the fights that happened at a catch-weight, because there's no indication there that there were catch-weights, and many of those fights happened at the full division limit with his opponents coming in near 147

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...boxer&pageID=1

provide evidence please
            or else it didn't happen

Comment

why fight at catch-weight then if Manny is so great in the higher divisions ?
              why does he need the catch-weights ?
              answer this if you can
              He wants a fair fight. If they cant make catchweight then they are free to move on and fight fighters their size. Pac always the smaller guy coming in since he moves up to featherweight. Pac's the one catching these guys at the higher weights.

If they dnt like catch weight then just fight at 147 or 140. Pac can easily make those weight. They just want for 150-154 title so they can create a buzz for the Promotion.

But i believe this is only a side show. Floyd will agree at the last minute.

Comment

Originally posted by CungLe View Post
                Pacquiao >>>Henry Armstrong all the way

its not even close!
                thats what im saying !!!!! lmao at the thought of hery being anywhere as good as the warrior

Comment

DLH didn't fight Floyd for a second time in the end, so he didn't have to respect demands that were on the contract for Floyd II when he was now fighting Manny, right ?

and I just looked up the WW title fights Armstrong has had
                  you'll have to name the fights that happened at a catch-weight, because there's no indication there that there were catch-weights, and many of those fights happened at the full division limit with his opponents coming in near 147

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...boxer&pageID=1

provide evidence please
                  or else it didn't happen
                  Lew Jenkins, contested at 140 for the welterweight crown for starters.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1155009AAgUN14

It's on the front page of his Boxrec stats as well.

If you need more "proof" then that, the fact that both men weighed just a shade under 140 for the welterweight, I will dig for more proof. However, I think I've already proven conclusively that Hank fought title fights at catchweights.

Comment

we can also see your great objectivity looking at your nickname

anyway

don't forget one thing, there was no junior and super divisions in Armstrong's time

Armstrong was champion at 126, 135, 147, and should have been champion at 160, but was robbed

between those 4 divisions, there are today 126, 130, 135, 140, 147, 154, 160.

7 divisions in total

Isn't Pacquiao a 7 division champion ? So to me, Pacquiao hasn't surpassed Armstrong yet, and he doesn't help his case neither with his catch-weight Bull**** demands.
                    Pac - from 112-147

Armstrong from 126-147

Pac conquered more division.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
                      He wants a fair fight. If they cant make catchweight then they are free to move on and fight fighters their size. Pac always the smaller guy coming in since he moves up to featherweight. Pac's the one catching these guys at the higher weights.

If they dnt like catch weight then just fight at 147 or 140. Pac can easily make those weight. They just want for 150-154 title so they can create a buzz for the Promotion.

But i believe this is only a side show. Floyd will agree at the last minute.
                      fair ? how is it fair to be fighting at a cut weight in your own natural division ? how is it fair for Cotto to cut 2 extra pounds to make 145 when he has the right to be fighting at 147 lbs to defend his title ?

the fighters accept those catch-weight because they know Pacquiao is a big star and they can make the most money against him

Comment

Working...
                      X