Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO's Lampley Explains: Golovkin is Slipping, He's Deteriorating

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or Maybe he is fighting the likes of Canelo, Jacobs, Brook instead of Geale, Murray & Lemieux?

First it was "he let Brook hit him" and now "he's slipping". Ever thought of the possibility that he was over hyped all along and is finally facing A level competition??

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
      How many robots have ever beat top competition period? None that I can think of.
      You just saw It on 9-16-17 and on the replay last night. The robot won 8-4, lol.

Comment

I agree with Lampley, he has slowed down. But it's more so the fact his last 2 opponents were elite, athletic and skilled caliber fighters. I think GGG loses the rematch and then retires. I think Jacobs beats him in a rematch and Charlo could possibly knock him out. He should get that last big payday and get out of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by OmarRueben View Post
          Hell yea GGG is slipping as most great fighters slip as they age and get slower and lose some of their quickness. GGG beat down Canelo and got the American hose butt job in Vegas. The stench of the tie rots the fabric of American boxing and Turd Bryd that black slob should be fired. No comminist is getting any breaks in America. Deal with it. No, like then get out and go fight in Russia.
          ?????when????

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Luthor View Post
            Simple combination of aging and better competition.
            That is the most logic explanation.

I said it is a bit of a shame that we didn't get to see Golovkin fight better competition earlier in his career. But that's that.

I still think he is an elite fighter and only a hell of fighter is going to beat him at MW.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Coincidentally Brook was the first prime, truly world class fighter GGG faced as a professional. He just happened to be a blown up 147 pounder.

But still he was the first one to give us a true picture of Golovkin's actual ability. Before that we were under an illusion due to him knocking out all the relatively lower level guys he was facing.
              This didn't seem to effect him as an amateur at the highest level though, knocking out Bute through a head guard and beating Dirrel ect. He clearly seems slower, accentuated by the fact that Brook is very skillful and being lighter abit quicker. But Golovkin looks visibly slower in every way. Why wouldn't age be catching up with him at 35,when it has with everyone else in boxing history?

Comment

Funny how he started slipping right after he fought Kell Brook. Odd that even a minor step up in competition cause 97G to look past his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
                  I agree with Lampley, he has slowed down. But it's more so the fact his last 2 opponents were elite, athletic and skilled caliber fighters. I think GGG loses the rematch and then retires. I think Jacobs beats him in a rematch and Charlo could possibly knock him out. He should get that last big payday and get out of the sport.
                  While I do not agree with your opinion it is your opinion. I do though ask what the heck makes you think Charlo would knock him out? Canelo wasn't even remotely close in this fight and there is nothing to date where Golovkin as been significantly hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Sp0rty Cr@ig View Post
                    First it was "he let Brook hit him" and now "he's slipping".

Good point. It's funny how they change the narrative to suit their whims.

Comment

• This guy wins 9-3, 8-4 against a Top 5 guy and it's not enough. Tell that ***** to sign the rematch and we'll see what it is.

If you can watch the Box Nation broadcast.

The REAL thing is Lampley is slipping and there are plans for a new HBO announcing crew within the next few years.

Comment

Working...
                      X