Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I dont think Bradley has the power, skill or size advantage to defeat Pacquiao.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bradley will beat Pac and Marquez will beat Peterson so we will be watching Marquez vs Bradley. Is Bob Arum really trying to put Marquez vs Peterson in Cowboys stadium and the guy better put it on regular HBO because it's not PPV worthy.

Comment

I'm actually looking forward to this fight if it all gets confirmed. He's the best option of the three that were available (JMM, Peterson) since Floyd was no longer an option.

It's hard to back against Pac because well; it's Pac. But I think Bradley is going to be a really tough fight for him. He's not a straight come forward sort of brawler like some have suggested.

He uses angles, has great footwork, tremendous heart, good boxing i.q. and some decent hand speed. He's definitely a legit opponent and it'll be good to see what Pac do against him.

Definitely rooting for Bradley if this fight comes off.

However people look at Bradley for ducking Khan and signing with TR; he'll get some massive exposure for this fight and he's definitely one-upped Khan as well, which makes it even better.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
        People look at his KO percentage and assume he doesn't have pop.

All you have to do is watch his fights to know that he does. He has dropped several of his last opponents including Peterson who is now one of the best 140lbers out there.

We've seen him take a shot from Kendall Holt that would absolutely knock out cold just about anyone, watch him get up from it and continue to dominate the fight and win... so we know he can take a punch, and he can persevere through difficult times.

He has good speed, but more importantly better timing. Also, he doesn't get gassed easily, he's in the prime of his life and his career.. he's an excellent shape with every fight, and I'm sure the Pacquiao fight will give him training motivation to be in the best physical condition he's ever been in his life.

He uses excellent lateral movement constantly, and comes in at angles as well.

You don't need instant knockout power to be competitive or win a fight... which Bradley has obviously proven.

Hard to favor him against Pac, but he's a legit opponent.

just close the thread down after this one

i'll also add that he probably had casamayor pissing blood after those body shots
        i think tim bradley is a fine pacquiao opponent. i think he'll lose a modestly competative fight. and if he somehow does beat manny the judges will find a way to rob him

he's young and hungry
        none of pacquiao's recent opponents have been either of those things

they were mostly established pros looking at the back end of their careers.
        Last edited by New England; 02-02-2012, 01:38 PM.

Comment

I like Bradley, he is active, throws alot of punches, unless he can sit in the pocket and counter Pac, he dont have a chance. JMM set the blue print on how to beat Pac Man, its not easy because Pac throws those awkard punches from all different angles, but it can be done.

Comment

If only Bradley was a bit taller with longer arms. I can see Manny catching him easily off balance. The problem with Tim is that he does everything exceptionally well, but because of his lacks of height and reach, he does tend to leap forward and leave himself vulnerable. Manny's counter-punching ability is underrated, and he's explosive enough to catch Bradley when he does leap forward face first.

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
              I hate it when pple say Marquez "won all 3 fights" against Pacquiao cause he didnt win SHIiit in the first 2 fights. the first fight was a clear Pacquiao win and the 2nd one a close Pacquiao win. if you cant score fights, dont watch boxing bro
              I didn't say that Marquez won all three fights but I did have Marquez winning the first fight cleanly, the only rounds I recall Pacquiao winning were: obviously the first round (most emphatic) and I also thought he cleanly won the 2nd and the 10th round... every other round went to Marquez cleanly with a few others being debatable... I score fights based on effectiveness in punching and defending, and Marquez was more effective in both categories as he landed cleaner punches and was able to block away most of Pacquiao's punches (just as in their most recent fight...)

It's all a matter of opinion at the end of the day, but most ppl I've spoken to all agree that marquez beat Pacquiao all 3 times... even some Filipinos have admitted at least that pac lost the 3rd fight...

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                Bradleys not a come forward brawler.

He applies pressure with speed, angles and timing.
                He's not a come foward brawler, but he does have the tendency to come in with wild punches. This is where the problem will persist for Bradley.

Comment

Bradley doesn't have the ability to beat Pacquaio.

He's reckless, wild, an easy to hit and Pacquaio's going to put a beating on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                    He's not a come foward brawler, but he does have the tendency to come in with wild punches. This is where the problem will persist for Bradley.
                    He comes in with looping over hand rights or wide left hooks. Yes, it could be a problem... for Pacquiao... or Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
                      If only Bradley was a bit taller with longer arms. I can see Manny catching him easily off balance. The problem with Tim is that he does everything exceptionally well, but because of his lacks of height and reach, he does tend to leap forward and leave himself vulnerable. Manny's counter-punching ability is underrated, and he's explosive enough to catch Bradley when he does leap forward face first.
                      Bradley does not do "everything" to an exceptional level at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X