Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 05-24-2016, 06:54 PM #1
Amateur

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
ElDiabloLoco503 is on a distinguished road
Bank: 1,000.00
Total Points: 6,053.00
Default Getting inside a Godlike JAB!?

I was sparring while visiting my friend from high school in the La Habra Boxing Gym and I fought this Pro who had Sonny Liston levels of a jab. He was relaxed with no telegraph, had fast hands, power, and accuracy. I did not even have the reaction time to move my head in the peekaboo to set up my faster and stronger combos, so I had to cover (or parry and counter if I'm lucky) each time he threw a combination. I got him good with a few head fakes and set ups, but I'd like to know how I can improve getting inside a jab with no telegraph, accuracy, and speed.
ElDiabloLoco503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-26-2016, 03:27 PM #2
Banned

Quoted: 678 Post(s)
DinoCop has a reputation beyond reputeDinoCop has a reputation beyond reputeDinoCop has a reputation beyond reputeDinoCop has a reputation beyond reputeDinoCop has a reputation beyond reputeDinoCop has a reputation beyond reputeDinoCop has a reputation beyond reputeDinoCop has a reputation beyond reputeDinoCop has a reputation beyond reputeDinoCop has a reputation beyond reputeDinoCop has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,995.00

These days im interested in James Toney's jab counter:
the jab comes and he slips to right and puts his weight on the right foot and counters the jab with either a right uppercut or comes back with a overhand right.

Last edited by DinoCop; 05-26-2016 at 03:29 PM.
DinoCop is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
godlike, inside, jab!?