Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge

Old 06-20-2019, 01:02 PM #31
20 million lil chuckles

Quoted: 3808 Post(s)
Koba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,460.90
Total Points: 47,310.20
No Message - MDPopescu giving gifts to legends - sugarsmosley to wipe the tears when bhop beats kovalev - jas knows his boxing - jas a good poster - jas 
Congrats on the newborn! - -KULT- Happy Father's Day, and congrats! :D - DionysusX Congrats! - MDPopescu Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - 1hourRun 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff Pandas View Post
Idk if this kid legit apologized or not, but its getting a lil nuts out there you can do something 2-10 years ago in public or the public of the internet & be condemned for it today like it happened today. You can't have already learned your lesson & grown. You can't apologize. You can't have apologized in the past & it matter today for some reason. You are a bad person & you are forever a bad person. Sh^t don't make no mfing sense.

We are all criminals waiting for our crimes to be discovered in this new world people are making cuz 5 years from today some sh^t thats okay or not THAT bad today or some dumb sh^t you said & have apologized for already will be deemed unforgivable 5 years from today & you'll have f#cked up without even knowing it.
Folk really gotta learn to watch what they're saying and doing... even innocent shit today could matter tomorrow - example I like to use is about the Jews in 1900s Germany... you think when the census dude came round they even thought twice about declaring their religion? Might be the worst use of the shit you say today is to target advertising to try to part you from your £s but in 10 or 20 years who the fuck knows what government gonna be in power and what they gonna do with the random shit you said. If history teaches us anything it's not to count on tomorrow being the same as today - though of course we all do.
Koba-Grozny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 02:13 PM #32
Ignore List Champion

Quoted: 21374 Post(s)
Eff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,021,938.00
Total Points: 1,025,457.23
No Message - Santa_ Burger Exchange - cheeseburger good poster - jas One of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 You Dont Have Enough Gifts - JimRaynor 
Always keep it real - Nomadic great contest! - TBear One kf - jas One of bscenes best - jas sensible, reasonable poster. 5 star - jazluvr 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder you are one cool dude - Dean_Razorback 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
Folk really gotta learn to watch what they're saying and doing... even innocent shit today could matter tomorrow
Can we do that? You basically can stfu & probably be good (hell man maybe silence & not denouncing things becomes bad in the future) or you can speak & risk how the future gets steered that could make something you said in the past bad. Its a lose lose situation I feel like & its just a matter of when your L is coming vs if you get an L.

And for clarity to anyone just reading this post this is less about this kid & more about future word crimes being retroactively handled which is something I have a problem with.
Eff Pandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 02:27 PM #33
Patriot

Quoted: 8593 Post(s)
BrometheusBob. has a reputation beyond reputeBrometheusBob. has a reputation beyond reputeBrometheusBob. has a reputation beyond reputeBrometheusBob. has a reputation beyond reputeBrometheusBob. has a reputation beyond reputeBrometheusBob. has a reputation beyond reputeBrometheusBob. has a reputation beyond reputeBrometheusBob. has a reputation beyond reputeBrometheusBob. has a reputation beyond reputeBrometheusBob. has a reputation beyond reputeBrometheusBob. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 98,352.08
Total Points: 100,578.70
HBD - siablo14 brogrammers code! - BoxingFan85 No Message - Snoop Frog For implementing and managing the pick 'em game - siablo14 good job on nsb pick em - jas 
Outta that green paint. Have a beer on me ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Thanks man. Had to put an = sign in with the poster's number but it worked.  Ha. - anthonydavid11 Here. It's a cookie. Looks like chocolate chip. - Mike D So you don't have to share with your mom any more. You pu55y a55 nerd. Shove your red k up that biatches a55 too. - apples check it out, it's a fish - Mike D 
Dildo of heterosexual tranny footjobs. - P.K Dionysus Outta green paint....So go ahead and throw on this cape ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Outta green paint.... - BERNIE'S CORNER No Message - MDPopescu 15,000 Good Job. - Vegemil 
No Message - BERNIE'S CORNER Some fruit for a fruit - The Hammer lol - -jose- Cheers mate - Chrismart I guess I donít green often enough unless itís greenín Bob lol. - BERNIE'S CORNER 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Just Now Hit Me Gay and Lesbian Pride - Just Now Hit Me Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Just Now Hit Me Gay and Lesbian Pride - Just Now Hit Me Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Just Now Hit Me 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - PlasterWraps Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - punchr Gay and Lesbian Pride - boxz Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - jas 

Oof. It's rough to have your admission offer rescinded for a private chat conversation imo, but it's not surprising they reached that decision.
BrometheusBob. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 02:34 PM #34
Ignore List Champion

Eff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond repute
No Message - Santa_ Burger Exchange - cheeseburger good poster - jas One of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 You Dont Have Enough Gifts - JimRaynor 
Always keep it real - Nomadic great contest! - TBear One kf - jas One of bscenes best - jas sensible, reasonable poster. 5 star - jazluvr 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder you are one cool dude - Dean_Razorback 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
You're focusing on the outright visible actions of racism by police while ignoring the institutional racism within the whole system. You may not think saying a racist word makes someone racist but it does show bias. The system is full of Kyle's. They're not going to attend a KKK march, they're too refined for that and that is usually reserved for white trash. These are the HR managers, judges, prosecutors, middle managers, that are awash in the system. Of course saying the N word doesn't make them racist in their eyes. But saying it shows their inherent bias.
Sure, but the problem with bias is EVERYONE has at least one. Or they are lying about not having any. And there are a million biases a person could have. You bring up racial bias. But there is skinny bias. Attractive bias. Fame bias. Money bias. Female bias. Male bias. Smart bias. Etc & so on. I could name biases all day that people have & none of which are good things one could argue.

A bias doesn't make someone a person that would always act on that bias, only more likely to act on that bias, & more to the point with this kid is a word doesn't necessarily even equal a bias or the inability to change that bias if there is one. I disliked gay people as a kid cuz everyone around me seemed to dislike gay people. I later changed that when I got to know some gay people & realized my dislike for gay people was silly & bred on the ignorance of those around me. I don't think I'm different then a lot of people exposed to dumb opinions & ignorance as a child who doesn't know any better, but thinks people older than them always do.
Old 06-20-2019, 03:12 PM #35
20 million lil chuckles

Quoted: 3808 Post(s)
Koba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,460.90
Total Points: 47,310.20
No Message - MDPopescu giving gifts to legends - sugarsmosley to wipe the tears when bhop beats kovalev - jas knows his boxing - jas a good poster - jas 
Congrats on the newborn! - -KULT- Happy Father's Day, and congrats! :D - DionysusX Congrats! - MDPopescu Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - 1hourRun 

Quote:
Can we do that? You basically can stfu & probably be good (hell man maybe silence & not denouncing things becomes bad in the future) or you can speak & risk how the future gets steered that could make something you said in the past bad. Its a lose lose situation I feel like & its just a matter of when your L is coming vs if you get an L.

And for clarity to anyone just reading this post this is less about this kid & more about future word crimes being retroactively handled which is something I have a problem with.
That's the kicker though isn't it - of course we shouldn't have to stfu - like the example of the Jews even trying to keep your head down and not break the rules ain't gonna save you if things go to ish anyway - I guess it's more about having an awareness and working to make sure we don't end up in some dystopian shit where the secret police gonna come knocking on our doors... I dunno, I'm as lazy as the next dude when it comes to active political involvement, but it strikes me democracy should probably be about more than ticking a box every few years and then just leaving the power hungry to get on with it. Stuff like the Patriot Act over your side of the pond and various acts of legislation over here represent a dangerous trend towards eroding our civil liberties and endangering our freedom I reckon.
Koba-Grozny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 04:22 PM #36
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 24036 Post(s)
Motorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 115,369.44
Total Points: 679,725.41
always dropping hot boxing news first - Sup Do your thang m8 - Canelo and GGG for exposing (((them))) - Sup Nobody cared when you were banned because nobody likes you - Arthur Dayne Good effort!!! - MDPopescu 
Rock on brother - siablo14 splitting your mommy clean in two - //// clown - apples Because you can't keep our white dlcks out of your mouth - !nternation Thanks for the help - 1bad65 
for keeping us informed...thanks for your efforts - jazluvr to celebrate the life of Roy Hargrove - jazluvr Your reparations - Robbie Barrett 

The crazy part is this is par for the course for colleges. They'll rescind your scholarship if they find out you've plagiarize, lied about accomplishments, and find untoward past behavior. But people want this kid to be treated special & not like the others.
Motorcity Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 04:45 PM #37
Ignore List Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
The crazy part is this is par for the course for colleges. They'll rescind your scholarship if they find out you've plagiarize, lied about accomplishments, and find untoward past behavior. But people want this kid to be treated special & not like the others.
As I said in post 18 in this thread 2 days ago I got zero issue with him losing his scholarship over this. That seems 100% fair & unsurprising to me.

What I find surprising is people all over SM acting like this kid is the grand wizard of the KKK over saying a word. And a word from 2 years ago at that.

I don't think ANYONE should be judged harshly over a word & specifically a word they said years ago. This whole old sh^t tells us everything we need to know about you today bs is inf#ckingsane to me. We've all made mistakes & we've all said sh^t that would offend someone if not whole groups of people. Sh^t I've probably done that this week on this site somewhere if someone combed through my posting history. Its words doe. Mfers are too into words over actions.

Sh^t man I feel like Marky Mark has gotten less public sh^t over his violence against black & Asian people as a kid then this kid has gotten for a word he seemingly directed at no one specifically, in a private conversation. This sh^t is backwards as a motherfcker.

Last edited by Eff Pandas; 06-20-2019 at 04:47 PM.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:47 PM #38
this is boxing

Quoted: 7211 Post(s)
-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 81,621.87
Total Points: 126,751.69
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Holidays -Kev- - !! AI-Holmes!! Merry Christmas Kev. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw B-day - -Mustang- mighty parallelogram for your birthday - Jack Napier 
Kristen Kreuk will jump out of this cake - Jack Napier happy birthday. - Terrel Have a great one - led* Happy New Year sweetheart! - Lorily Lol @ image. - FeFist 
Long Island Iced Tea! - Dorian Parallelogram - Spray_resistant lol - -jose- <3 u bro - sugarsmosley we be cool - jazluvr 
Happy holidays -Kev- - TBear For a bright future ahead! - Mighty_Windir for destroying that butthurt UT Silvermiles - Omowale Tribe Good Luck! - JimRaynor Right back at ya! - JimRaynor 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -Kev- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -Kev- Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Ether 
Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Ether Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Dorian Childhood Cancer - Dorian 

Quote:
Again show me the mfer who's not sorry he got caught. Thats hardly saying anything meaningful.

And idk that we can even know his true thoughts based on these words. Words shouldn't define people as much as people try to make them define people specifically in their worse moments. Plenty of people have made mistakes like this & it didn't define them in the moment or in the future.

Hell man back in the day people were lucky cuz their words lived & died in the moment. If everyone on this site had all the SM & never dying conversationally tools we have today I bet 80% of this place would have equally bad or worse things that could be pulled up from when they were underage.

And the N word is among the least meaningful words to classify someone as a racist these days. Most mfers use the N word as its shocking to some people, mostly white people, more than its used to insult someone. Its most used in a friendly way or term of endearment type way among people of any race I'd argue in 2019. I live in Chinatown & I see Koreans calling each other the N word at least once a week ffs. I'm not offended. I don't see anyone else taking offense with it 99% of the time.
Ngger and ngga are very different. That's widely known.
-Kev- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 11:55 PM #39
Ignore List Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kev- View Post
Ngger and ngga are very different. That's widely known.
Sure. I'd still argue both are just words. And a lot of people still consider the N word either of those words.
Old 06-21-2019, 12:02 AM #40
this is boxing

Quoted: 7211 Post(s)
-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 81,621.87
Total Points: 126,751.69
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Holidays -Kev- - !! AI-Holmes!! Merry Christmas Kev. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw B-day - -Mustang- mighty parallelogram for your birthday - Jack Napier 
Kristen Kreuk will jump out of this cake - Jack Napier happy birthday. - Terrel Have a great one - led* Happy New Year sweetheart! - Lorily Lol @ image. - FeFist 
Long Island Iced Tea! - Dorian Parallelogram - Spray_resistant lol - -jose- <3 u bro - sugarsmosley we be cool - jazluvr 
Happy holidays -Kev- - TBear For a bright future ahead! - Mighty_Windir for destroying that butthurt UT Silvermiles - Omowale Tribe Good Luck! - JimRaynor Right back at ya! - JimRaynor 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -Kev- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -Kev- Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Ether 
Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Ether Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Dorian Childhood Cancer - Dorian 

Quote:
Plenty of people have made mistakes like this & it didn't define them in the moment or in the future.
It's not a mistake.

The word didn't just slip.

He's not mistakenly being a racist, he was raised that way by his parents and family. It's instilled in him, that is part of who he is.

You see these boxingscene posters posting anonymously, being racist as hell, being prejudice. If they get exposed, they will feel bad they were exposed, but then revert right back as long as they're speaking privately or anonymously. This is what i'm getting at and what you don't understand i'm saying.

He's literally only sorry he was caught, he is not sorry that he's racist. That's the mind of a sorry ass person. Do you believe that he's now magically changed? Or do you think it's more reasonable to think that he's still the same racist kid he was 2 years ago and would still give his honest opinion about black people as long as it's private and/or anonymous?
-Kev- is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
harvard, maga, parkland, racial, rescinded, scholarship, slurs, survivor, teen