Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Subscription video service DAZN last month was the top-grossing sports app worldwide

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    That's what they made last month. All those that purchased a yearly sub before last month won't be in the number.
    Yea they are losing money. Why they are up for sale and no one will touch it because they have 4.8 Billion dollars contractually obligated still.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
      This isn't really saying much. In their best month ever with Canelo fighting, they only made $11.5 million?

I bet ESPN made more than that the month Dillashaw fought in just the US
      They didn't just make only 11.5M damn another idiot. That is just how much they made from Apple Store and Google Play store. They made over 48M in DAZN subscription revenue alone for the Canelo fight according to ESPN. 11.5M are just ones where people paid through the Apple or Google Play app. This website only tracks app buys and downloads from Apple and Google Play. Anyone who paid on Amazon, 3 party app or DAZN website they can't track. But we know in May they doubled ESPN in subscription who had only 4.7M in May.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        Every top subscription app has these deals to entice someone who has just signed up to keep trying. Hell I get offers from DirectvNow, Hulu, Amazon Prime you name it. I just bought a new car it came with free SirusXM radio subscription trial. I canceled after the trial and they gave me a deal prorated deal that includes 4 months for free. You know who does this more then anybody? Showtime lol Showtime does this when you sign up for a new cable package they throw in months for free. If you cancel they make all kinds of deals to get you to stay or come back throwing in free months.

If you already paid 20 bucks for 1 month of DAZN and they throw in a few months to get you to stay in hopes that you end up liking and paying for DAZN $99 for the full year that's just smart marketing. All these subscription services are not trying to get 1 payment out of you. They want you to like the service and then keep coming back. DAZN doesn't want you paying 20 bucks a month, they want you paying 8 bucks a month on the $99 yearly plan.

well said.....

Comment

This DAZN sh^t is becoming PBC 2.0 for a lot of people lol.

Anyone with any foresight on future sh^t knows streaming is the future & broadcast TV is limited in what you can do with it. And anyone who knows how business works knows there is an advantage to being the first one in the pool. Thats why Lyft is still chasing Uber last I heard. And people should know that when you are entering into a new sphere you are going to be lighting money on fire for years before you are operating at a profit. And if you know all that you know this news for sure isn't bad or negative news even if DAZN isn't profitable yet...hell man with any luck with acquring bigger sports DAZN is probably rooting on not being profitable for even longer if they acquire a bigger sport for $3B or some sh^t.
          Last edited by Eff Pandas; 06-20-2019, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Per Sensor Tower

Our revenue estimates are from the App Store and Google Play in the U.S. between May 1, 2018 and May 31, 2019 and represent gross user spending . Apple apps and Google pre-installed apps are excluded. Android estimates do not include third-party stores.

So they track all app downloads and any revenue these apps get from customers. But right now they only track app downloads and revenue from Apple Store and Google Play. According to ESPN Canelo's fight on May 4 alone generated over 48M in new subscription revenue for DAZN. We know at minimum 11.5M came from people who paid directly on Apple Store and Google Play. This doesn't count for anyone who signed up and paid directly on DAZN website, Amazon App store or any other third party app store.
            To this point I paid the $99 for the year on the website and have only ever signed in on my Samsung smart TV app.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              According to Espinoza the free trials were good for Showtime

According to Skipper the free trials weren't good for DAZN

DAZN has said they'll release/talk about the numbers if they are good

I can't find any numbers for the GGG fight....
              Now you are lying when did DAZN or Skipper say they will release numbers? Show me that link? Why you keep bringing up Skipper about free trials we talking about you! You said free trails were "bad" when DAZN first did it then YOU said it was "bad" when they stopped doing it. And you flip flopped and made threads about that here long before Skipper spoke a month and half ago. You said back in March not doing free trials is bad. And now you flip flopping again. So I'm asking YOU once and for all are giving free trials and free months to keep people on your subscription good or bad? Because you said one thing when Showtime does it and you can't even keep your own story straight about it on DAZN. And skipper never said free trials are bad they didn't want to give free trails away for a Canelo fight. Canelo isn't fighting during the summer hence them offering some folks who bought the Canelo fight free months if you continue subscribing which isn't unusual for how all these top subscription services act.
              Last edited by bigdunny1; 06-20-2019, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Now you are lying when did DAZN or Skipper say they will release numbers? Show me that link? Why you keep bringing up Skipper about free trials we talking about you! You said free trails were "bad" when DAZN first did it then YOU said it was "bad" when they stopped doing it. And you flip flopped and made threads about that here long before Skipper spoke a month and half ago. You said back in March not doing free trials is bad. And now you flip flopping again. So I'm asking YOU once and for all are giving free trials and free months to keep people on your subscription good or bad? Because you said one thing when Showtime does it and you can't even keep your own story straight about it on DAZN. And skipper never said free trials are bad they didn't want to give free trails away for a Canelo fight. Canelo isn't fighting during the summer hence them offering some folks who bought the Canelo fight free months if you continue subscribing.
                Ok dunny I'm done with it. Once again we'll see who was right and who was wrong.

Comment

Great news. DAZN is a great app. Lots of interesting sports news, interviews, replays etc. The baseball stuff is very good....videos of old games, up to date reporting, etc.

And NO Stephen A screaming at you!

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    Ok dunny I'm done with it. Once again we'll see who was right and who was wrong.
                    dude you can't even answer 1 simple question. I have asked you now directly 4 times in a row. Is it good or bad to give out trials and deals to keep customers subscribing?

We both know why you won't answer because your answer has changed from you too many times to count. The answer is if Showtime does it it's great. And depending what DAZN is doing at that time it's either bad or STILL bad no matter if they give free trials or don't LMAO. When you man enough to answer my question we can continue other wise take your nonsense and agenda else where

Comment

dude you can't even answer 1 simple question. I have asked you now directly 4 times in a row. Is it good or bad to give out trials and deals to keep customers subscribing?

We both know why you won't answer because your answer has changed from you too many times to count. The answer is if Showtime does it it's great. And depending what DAZN is doing at that time it's either bad or STILL bad no matter if they give free trials or don't LMAO. When you man enough to answer my question we can continue other wise take your nonsense and agenda else where
                      We know you're team Canelo and Team Golden Boy. You agreed when Oscar said this after Arum said HBO would get out of boxing.

You're so blinded by GGG/GBP loyalty you can't see the forest because of the trees

Comment

Working...
                      X