Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

View Poll Results: Who do you believe will rank higher in history?
Canelo 66 83.54%
Golovkin 13 16.46%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2019, 11:22 AM #11
bigdunny1 bigdunny1 is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 14,278
Quoted: 8264 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
bigdunny1 is infamous around these partsbigdunny1 is infamous around these partsbigdunny1 is infamous around these partsbigdunny1 is infamous around these partsbigdunny1 is infamous around these partsbigdunny1 is infamous around these partsbigdunny1 is infamous around these partsbigdunny1 is infamous around these partsbigdunny1 is infamous around these partsbigdunny1 is infamous around these partsbigdunny1 is infamous around these parts
Points: 142,433.02
Bank: 2,850.18
Total Points: 145,283.20
Great post, man! - anthonydavid11 awesome posts - DramaShow- awesome posts - DramaShow- awesome posts - DramaShow- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boliodogs View Post
So out of the 37 fights and 20 middleweight title defenses you pick the two weakest guys you can think of and try to say that is all he ever did. What a stupid ass hole you are. You could make any boxer look bad if you took the two worse fighters they ever fought and said that's all they ever did. Canelo fought lots of guys a hell of a lot worse than Rolls and Wade and so did every boxer with a large number of fights. Both GGG and Canelo beat a hell of a lot of good fighters but nobody fights killers and aces every fight. Most of GGG's 20 title defenses were against guys ranked in the top 10 in the world or the fights would not have been sanctioned. Jacobs was ring Magazine number 1. Lemieux was ring magazine number 4. Geale was ring magazine number 4. Murray was ring magazine number 6 and so and so on. They were good high ranked fighters and he knocked them out.
Phony 20 defense streak where they did something that has never been done before they retroactively added defenses when he WASN'T the real champ when he held the jr version of the WBA belt while the WBA had a real champ at the time? His real streak from when he held a real title was AFTER the Geale fight. His real defense streak was 9. Over half of that bogus 20 streak were retroactively added out of nowhere when he wasn't even the top champ with the WBA lol And look at the names he fought during that time? Only a few of them were even universally top 10 ranked and never beat the top guy a middleweight which is why he never held a Lineal or Ring Middleweight champ at middleweight. GGG has faced EXACTLY 5 fighters who ever held a world title at some point in their career. In todays era where so many belts and how easy it is to grab one it's a slap in the face that GGG could only faced 5 fighters in his entire career who were good enough to grab one. That speaks volumes to how bad his opponents were and how thin his opponents resumes are. Canelo is way younger and has already beaten 15 world champs.

Last edited by bigdunny1; 06-14-2019 at 11:25 AM.
bigdunny1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-14-2019, 11:49 AM #12
Socialtwinkie Socialtwinkie is online now
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: America
Posts: 665
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3
Socialtwinkie has much to be proud ofSocialtwinkie has much to be proud ofSocialtwinkie has much to be proud ofSocialtwinkie has much to be proud ofSocialtwinkie has much to be proud ofSocialtwinkie has much to be proud ofSocialtwinkie has much to be proud ofSocialtwinkie has much to be proud ofSocialtwinkie has much to be proud of
Points: 21,666.65
Bank: 1,389.82
Total Points: 23,056.47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdunny1 View Post
Phony 20 defense streak where they did something that has never been done before they retroactively added defenses when he WASN'T the real champ when he held the jr version of the WBA belt while the WBA had a real champ at the time? His real streak from when he held a real title was AFTER the Geale fight. His real defense streak was 9. Over half of that bogus 20 streak were retroactively added out of nowhere when he wasn't even the top champ with the WBA lol And look at the names he fought during that time? Only a few of them were even universally top 10 ranked and never beat the top guy a middleweight which is why he never held a Lineal or Ring Middleweight champ at middleweight. GGG has faced EXACTLY 5 fighters who ever held a world title at some point in their career. In todays era where so many belts and how easy it is to grab one it's a slap in the face that GGG could only faced 5 fighters in his entire career who were good enough to grab one. That speaks volumes to how bad his opponents were and how thin his opponents resumes are. Canelo is way younger and has already beaten 15 world champs.
Some of what you're saying is half true but the one major problem with your idea is:

GGG was the top dog from 2010-2018 easy at 160lbs. No one beat the top guy because he was the top guy.

Back when he held the regular version it was literally because the WBA created the title specifically for him to fight for and at the same time he left the very same promotion company accusing them of protecting the actual super title holder Felix Strum iirc.

I'd figure youd have a tough TOUGH time naming fighters who were better than GGG in that stretch at 160.

Also. Canelo started boxing at 15 and is now 28. GGG didnt turn pro until he was like 28. So what are you trying to prove because no **** Canelo would have more accolades at the same age?

Look at other "multi division champs ". Most of those guys just cherry picked easy title holders and never proved they were the best at that weight before moving up. GGG was the best at 160 for almost an entire decade. You disagree?

Last edited by Socialtwinkie; 06-14-2019 at 11:51 AM.
Socialtwinkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 12:02 PM #13
kushking kushking is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: The Desert,Peoples republic of Commiefornia,The land where insanity is law
Posts: 4,308
Quoted: 3189 Post(s)
Rep Power: 16
kushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 25,510.12
Bank: 138,719.32
Total Points: 164,229.44
Keep up the great work champ! - JK1700 Go get high some more and stay out of boxing u idiot - Boxing Goat 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
Some of what you're saying is half true but the one major problem with your idea is:

GGG was the top dog from 2010-2018 easy at 160lbs. No one beat the top guy because he was the top guy.

Back when he held the regular version it was literally because the WBA created the title specifically for him to fight for and at the same time he left the very same promotion company accusing them of protecting the actual super title holder Felix Strum iirc.

I'd figure youd have a tough TOUGH time naming fighters who were better than GGG in that stretch at 160.

Also. Canelo started boxing at 15 and is now 28. GGG didnt turn pro until he was like 28. So what are you trying to prove because no **** Canelo would have more accolades at the same age?

Look at other "multi division champs ". Most of those guys just cherry picked easy title holders and never proved they were the best at that weight before moving up. GGG was the best at 160 for almost an entire decade. You disagree?
Ggg went pro at 24
kushking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 12:11 PM #14
DaBeastO DaBeastO is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 1,079
Quoted: 584 Post(s)
Rep Power: 4
DaBeastO has a reputation beyond reputeDaBeastO has a reputation beyond reputeDaBeastO has a reputation beyond reputeDaBeastO has a reputation beyond reputeDaBeastO has a reputation beyond reputeDaBeastO has a reputation beyond reputeDaBeastO has a reputation beyond reputeDaBeastO has a reputation beyond reputeDaBeastO has a reputation beyond reputeDaBeastO has a reputation beyond reputeDaBeastO has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 21,699.75
Bank: 1,190.73
Total Points: 22,890.48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdunny1 View Post
Outside of just titles and accolades Canelo has flat beaten higher level of competition better fighters. Canelo has beaten 3X the amount of world champs then GGG has. He's beaten multiple hall of famers, GGG hasn't beaten a single HOFer. Canelo has beaten multiple fighters who entered the ring on all top P4P rankings, GGG hasn't beaten a single top P4P ranked fighter. The list of names who Canelo beat is just better then GGG's. GGG's run at middleweight will be looked back on as smoke and mirrors knocking out horrendous fighters while refusing to move up or down to face better fighters. And the moment he stopped fighting tomato cans and faced good middleweights he stopped knocking guys out and the excuse making for why he looked bad started. That will hurt his legacy. Canelo is 28 already with a better resume with maybe a decade left in the game and wants to keep improving his legacy and achievements while GGG refuses to fight anyone that does anything for his legacy literally running to fight bums while he just keeps begging for unlimited rematches with Canelo where he gets beat up worse every time he fights Canelo. His resume sucks and he's made everything about ONLY cashing checks against Canelo. He doesn't even care about legacy and resume at this point.
clenelo's legacy is that of a cheater. GGG wins by default. no one can just sweep that under the rug so just like other drug cheats or guys like margarito their careers are automatically invalid. GGG ranks higher he did it clean and he still beat a juiced up clenelo. this fool posted all the nonsense like clenelo wasn't roided up to his eye balls for all of those fights! just another hate crazed anti ggg muppet.
DaBeastO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 12:16 PM #15
Mexican_Puppet Mexican_Puppet is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 6,750
Quoted: 3750 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Mexican_Puppet is infamous around these partsMexican_Puppet is infamous around these partsMexican_Puppet is infamous around these partsMexican_Puppet is infamous around these partsMexican_Puppet is infamous around these partsMexican_Puppet is infamous around these partsMexican_Puppet is infamous around these partsMexican_Puppet is infamous around these partsMexican_Puppet is infamous around these partsMexican_Puppet is infamous around these partsMexican_Puppet is infamous around these parts
Points: 63,177.40
Bank: 1,245.39
Total Points: 64,422.79
Mexican_Puppet knows boxing! - LoadedWraps 
Default

Canelo has better career

Canelo is better fighter

Canelo is the boss of GGG
Mexican_Puppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 12:28 PM #16
bigdunny1 bigdunny1 is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 14,278
Quoted: 8264 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
bigdunny1 is infamous around these partsbigdunny1 is infamous around these partsbigdunny1 is infamous around these partsbigdunny1 is infamous around these partsbigdunny1 is infamous around these partsbigdunny1 is infamous around these partsbigdunny1 is infamous around these partsbigdunny1 is infamous around these partsbigdunny1 is infamous around these partsbigdunny1 is infamous around these partsbigdunny1 is infamous around these parts
Points: 142,433.02
Bank: 2,850.18
Total Points: 145,283.20
Great post, man! - anthonydavid11 awesome posts - DramaShow- awesome posts - DramaShow- awesome posts - DramaShow- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
Some of what you're saying is half true but the one major problem with your idea is:

GGG was the top dog from 2010-2018 easy at 160lbs. No one beat the top guy because he was the top guy.

Back when he held the regular version it was literally because the WBA created the title specifically for him to fight for and at the same time he left the very same promotion company accusing them of protecting the actual super title holder Felix Strum iirc.

I'd figure youd have a tough TOUGH time naming fighters who were better than GGG in that stretch at 160.

Also. Canelo started boxing at 15 and is now 28. GGG didnt turn pro until he was like 28. So what are you trying to prove because no **** Canelo would have more accolades at the same age?

Look at other "multi division champs ". Most of those guys just cherry picked easy title holders and never proved they were the best at that weight before moving up. GGG was the best at 160 for almost an entire decade. You disagree?
No he wasn't the best that was projection he never proved it in the ring. You are top dog by beating nobody's and being gifted that label by hype? No don't work that way. Who did he actually beat to be considered top dog? Who did he actually beat to say he has a great resume? He turned pro in 2006 and has only fought 5 world champs that's facts and that's terrible for a guy his age and that many years as a pro. Canelo turned pro almost exactly same time as GGG, end of 2005. Go by age go by years as pro canelo has done more achieved more with his time then GGG who wasted his career fighting bums and refusing to move weight. Already had amateur and Olympic background didn't need to waste time fighting bums in the pros. That was his choice

Sergio was the man at 160 until 2014 NOT GGG then Canelo has been lineal since end of 2015.

Last edited by bigdunny1; 06-14-2019 at 12:45 PM.
bigdunny1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 05:46 PM #17
Oxbig951 Oxbig951 is offline
Up and Comer
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 55
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Rep Power: 1
Oxbig951 has much to be proud ofOxbig951 has much to be proud ofOxbig951 has much to be proud ofOxbig951 has much to be proud ofOxbig951 has much to be proud ofOxbig951 has much to be proud ofOxbig951 has much to be proud ofOxbig951 has much to be proud ofOxbig951 has much to be proud of
Points: 2,066.93
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,066.93
Default

Probably Canelo three weight World champion
Oxbig951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 07:49 AM #18
Socialtwinkie Socialtwinkie is online now
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: America
Posts: 665
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3
Socialtwinkie has much to be proud ofSocialtwinkie has much to be proud ofSocialtwinkie has much to be proud ofSocialtwinkie has much to be proud ofSocialtwinkie has much to be proud ofSocialtwinkie has much to be proud ofSocialtwinkie has much to be proud ofSocialtwinkie has much to be proud ofSocialtwinkie has much to be proud of
Points: 21,666.65
Bank: 1,389.82
Total Points: 23,056.47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdunny1 View Post
No he wasn't the best that was projection he never proved it in the ring. You are top dog by beating nobody's and being gifted that label by hype? No don't work that way. Who did he actually beat to be considered top dog? Who did he actually beat to say he has a great resume? He turned pro in 2006 and has only fought 5 world champs that's facts and that's terrible for a guy his age and that many years as a pro. Canelo turned pro almost exactly same time as GGG, end of 2005. Go by age go by years as pro canelo has done more achieved more with his time then GGG who wasted his career fighting bums and refusing to move weight. Already had amateur and Olympic background didn't need to waste time fighting bums in the pros. That was his choice

Sergio was the man at 160 until 2014 NOT GGG then Canelo has been lineal since end of 2015.
I personally dont get why you hate GGG so much that you refuse to live in reality man.

I get the whole "resume" argument but you have two huge problems with your thinking.

1. If two fighters never fought each other then maybe you could use a resume argument, but they canelo/GGG did fight and their resumes had nothing to do with the outcome.

If someone who was objective took your argument at face value, "resume proves how good a fighter is" then Canelo should have won a clear landslide victory according to you theory. But that is false. Canelo Barely scraped by twice with controversy staining the entire thing, you know the shebang, sketchy score cards and a PED scandal, and that's a 27-28 Year old IN HIS PRIME vs a 36-37 year old GGG.

And then you got problems with everywhere else in your argument too.

Being a champion in boxing is no different than playing king of the hill. It didnt matter who GGG pushed off because its completely negated by the fact no one pushed him off. He didnt move up and cherry pick titles like everyone else. He proved he was the best at his weight. Let me ask you how many guys on these forums say, a boxers weight is one that they can make. GGG can make 160 with no problem so what's the problem? He didnt live up to YOURexpectations? GGG ain't living his life to please you js.

He was the champion for so damn long and held so many of the belts for so damn long that he couldnt possibly have faced any champions because he was the champion.

I laugh though how you claim that Serigo was top dog until 2014. Literally you're just telling me the history of the WBC because it's the only argument that fits your agenda.

Now read this part closely because it's pretty funny.

You're gonna tell me that:

Sergio who lost to a blown up Cotto would have beat GGG right?

And then Cotto, who you what, also believe would beat GGG, paid GGG step aside money, because he thought GGG was too easy and wanted Canelo.

And Canelo who never fought at 160 was a better MW then GGG despite the fact he, one, never fought at MW until Cotto, dropped the WBC belt so he didnt have to fight GGG, and then fought at a weight limit above MW?

Nothing but agenda. I asked you to name some MWs better than GGG and you got nothing. Canelo didnt even fight as a MW until 2017. His "defining victory " was over a blown up shot Cotto who gave GGG step aside money and that makes him the best at
MW right despite the fight being at 155lbs?

And you're telling me that Sergio, who lost to that blown up Cotto, who paid GGG step aside money and what, would have won?

Come on. Quit lying.
Socialtwinkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 07:57 AM #19
hugh grant hugh grant is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: The British Empire
Posts: 19,305
Quoted: 3549 Post(s)
Rep Power: 68
hugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 56,859.61
Bank: 1,309.08
Total Points: 58,168.69
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - rorymac Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - I'm so sorry 
Default

As an AT G probably nel o right now. But greater middleweight is ggg.
But careers not over yet
hugh grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 08:03 AM #20
Koba-Grozny Koba-Grozny is offline
20 million lil chuckles
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Stockport
Age: 46
Posts: 8,468
Quoted: 3417 Post(s)
Rep Power: 23
Koba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 25,939.92
Bank: 1,328.82
Total Points: 27,268.74
No Message - MDPopescu giving gifts to legends - sugarsmosley to wipe the tears when bhop beats kovalev - jas knows his boxing - jas a good poster - jas 
Congrats on the newborn! - -KULT- Happy Father's Day, and congrats! :D - DionysusX Congrats! - MDPopescu Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - 1hourRun 
Default

H2H it's my estimation that a prime GGG would have beaten the best Canelo we've seen so far, though I do believe Canelo may still have some space for improvement.

Historically Canelo is almost sure to rank higher unless something happens very soon to derail him, which appears highly unlikely. The two fighters have had very different career paths though - and had Golovkin been groomed for stardom from the moment he turned pro under a major US promoter I imagine their resumes would be more comparable.
Koba-Grozny is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
canelo, golovkin?, higher, history:, rank

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:59 AM.