Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do fans understand that dazn does not get paid from views but from subscriptions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    That is not how people typically consume Live Sporting Event.
    Times are changing. ESPN knows this thats why they got ESPN+ so its not like DAZN is on some random sh^t no one else is.

And honestly I was surprised to learn that The Athletic has been charging mfers to read articles for 2 years or some sh^t this week when some boxing writers I like went to that platform.

More people are gonna be paying for sports in the future. This is actually something boxing was ahead of the curve on for once it seems.

I won't be surprised if we are paying for more random sh^t in the future. I suspect Youtube will start putting more & more sh^t behind their still new-ish paywall. I won't be surprised if IG, snapchat & twitter cost something at some point for certain premium features. And in fairness snapchat is already doing this in a way with many of their filters which is the #1 reason a lot of people use that platform.
    Last edited by Eff Pandas; 06-12-2019, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Please share with me the business model where dazn thinks people are going to pay $20/month or $100/year and not watch the fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Times are changing. ESPN knows this thats why they got ESPN+ so its not like DAZN is on some random sh^t no one else is.

And honestly I was surprised to learn that The Athletic has been charging mfers to read articles for 2 years or some sh^t this week when some boxing writers I like went to that platform.

More people are gonna be paying for sports in the future. This is actually something boxing was ahead of the curve on for once it seems.

I won't be surprised if we are paying for more random sh^t in the future. I suspect Youtube will start putting more & more sh^t behind their still new-ish paywall. I won't be surprised if IG, snapchat & twitter cost something at some point for certain premium features. And in fairness snapchat is already doing this in a way with many of their filters which is the #1 reason a lot of people use that platform.
        ESPN+ is attached to a Well Established Network ESPN and is backed by a Powerhouse which is Disney. So for them, they can build up their Subscription Base for ESPN+ by simply using their own Network ESPN to do so by promoting it on their Network every day. DAZN don't have that Luxury, DAZN have to spend a crazy amount of money to run commercials on Networks

Yes Customers will Pay...if you provide content that customers want to see. ESPN have the right deals too, they have the rights to NFL Monday Night Football, they have the rights to NCAA Football these sports that bring in Massive Ratings. Not just a 500-700K viewers like Boxing

Again we shall see in a few years how things are looking

Streaming on a APP is NEVER going to replace Network TV it is just never going to happen. Network TV generates way too much money to even send the big Money sports exclusively to a APP ONLY
        Last edited by sicko; 06-12-2019, 08:57 PM.

Comment

How long until DAZN realizes boxing doesn't drive subscriptions like HBO did?

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
            ESPN+ is attached to a Well Established Network ESPN and is backed by a Powerhouse which is Disney.
            You took issue with people paying for sports. I'm saying people are going to be paying for sports more & more.

I'm not debating who's got the biggest budget, the better brand or less risky battle plan. Thats a whole other thing.

People are going to be paying for sports in the future more & more regardless if its on ESPN+, DAZN or new players that start entering the game.

Streaming on a APP is NEVER going to replace Network TV it is just never going to happen. Network TV generates way too much money to even send the big Money sports exclusively to a APP ONLY
            I agree people won't be streaming from apps. They'll be streaming from smart TV's & more advanced viewing devices as they come into play. This is the first inning of the streaming game we are in. Broadcast TV has stage 3 cancer, they just got a good health care plan built upon decades of success. But they'll even be flipping to streaming eventually & many of them already have streaming options. Its the future of viewing all visual entertainment from sports to series' to movies.

Again times are changing. I bet there was a time when old timey cats were talking about how they didn't need to buy one of those new fangled picture boxes & nothing would replace their radio too.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              How long until DAZN realizes boxing doesn't drive subscriptions like HBO did?
              When/If they acquire a bigger sport in the US I'd imagine. Right now boxing is a necessity for them. Once they got baseball in Japan it seemed to help them & I believe Japan is still their biggest market still of it acquiring Japanese baseball.

I'm personally curious how they'll handle their US boxing investment when they start acquiring more meaningful mainstream sports.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaSlamma View Post
                Dude, most guys over 40 are flipping around channels on a Saturday night.

It takes WORK to log in and stream.
                I remember when EVERYONE's VCR was flashing 12:00 all the time cuz no one knew how to f#ck with that too. Technology often moves too fast for people. Its not a new problem.

So there is a learning curve you are absolutely right, but it'll get easier & more basic + people will invite their kid or grandkid over eventually to set sh^t up for them or maybe someone will make a Uber for helping people with random simple sh^t you're just to behind the learning curve on to f#ck with still & you can just have that mfer come over & hook you up idk, but its a problem that'll be solved.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                  Why keep mentioning Wilder or his fans

1- you claimed he was broke yet Forbes says he is a top paid athlete and boxer

2-Stop talking trash to people on here when you are the true bum who talks and backs up nothing

3-When the hell are you going to visit your so called dojo so i can knock the grease out of your head?
                  1. Wilder fans are uneducated that why.

2. What am I not backing up ? We can settle this REAL fast by you going to the location you said is FAKE ? ******. lol

3. remember when I dont respond on the subject you should be worried bc we know whats what .And unlike you i'm not that stupid to make threats over the internet,you volunteered your info to me,oh well ...accidents COULD happen we can never be sure ,hope you are safe FRIEND .
                  Last edited by juggernaut666; 06-13-2019, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                    1. Wilder fans are uneducated that why.

2. What am I not backing up ? We can settle this REAL fast by you going to the location you said is FAKE ? ******. lol

3. remember when I dont respond on the subject you should be worried bc we know whats what .And unlike you i'm not that stupid to make threats over the internet,you volunteered your info to me,oh well ...accidents COULD happen we can never be sure ,hope you are safe FRIEND .
                    you been saying that same Coward mess for a year now..you dont want any smoke

Comment

Working...
                    X