Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 04-16-2019, 12:25 AM #21
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 594 Post(s)
alexjust is a name known to allalexjust is a name known to allalexjust is a name known to allalexjust is a name known to allalexjust is a name known to allalexjust is a name known to all
Bank: 1,328.82
Total Points: 19,969.84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
What about Mexican tv? They had no dog in the race.
When you say "TV", what do you mean? The whole conglomerate of gazillion Mexican TV channels or a couple of commentators on a Mexican TV station commenting on the match? Even if they don't have a dog in the race, can it be that this is just their opinion? This sport is assessed on subjective criteria, you know and even the most respected commentator or boxing professionals may get it wrong. And even "wrong" is sometimes relative in closely contested, subjectively assessed matches. Personally, I don't believe Jacobs-GGG was such a close match that you can't be wrong here.

In other words, are you in such dire validation of your own opinion that you seek "authoritative" opinion that happens to match your own? Boxing fans should stop that nonsense. Usyk thought GGG won in the first fight with Canelo and lost in the second. Lennox Lewis thought GGG won in the second fight (can't remember what he said about the first one). Who is more of an authority for you here? Will opinions of Usyk and Ward outweigh opinions of Lewis and Jacobs? How do you measure the worth of an opinion in these circumstances? Any one of these guys is not knowledgeable when it comes to boxing?

P.S. And speaking of dog in the race...many Mexican former champions just can't seem to give GGG any props. I wonder if that's somehow connected to all this Canelo-GGG saga that goes back few years.

Last edited by alexjust; 04-16-2019 at 12:31 AM.
alexjust is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-16-2019, 12:27 AM #22
Undisputed Champion

alexjust is a name known to allalexjust is a name known to allalexjust is a name known to allalexjust is a name known to allalexjust is a name known to allalexjust is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamking View Post
**** you right, with that in mind depending on profit they might make this a draw and do Canelo v Jacobs 2.
Yep, and if the first fight is entertaining, that's exactly what they'll do. And GGG is getting older in the meantime...a pleasant bonus to Canelo's strategy.
Old 04-16-2019, 12:29 AM #23
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdonisCreed View Post
Yeeeaaaahhh you're right it's kinda of hard seeing Jacobs winning by any kind of decision he needs a KO. 300 million is a lot to pay a guy who loses so early into a contract lol With that being said though I don't see Jacobs beating Canelo I think Canelo is hot right now. I see Jacobs somewhat holding his own but not being aggressive enough to steal the majority of the rounds. I got Canelo by UD.
That's the thing: I just don't see Jacobs KOing Canelo. For one, Canelo is genuinely an excellent fighter. And two, DJ is just not that much of a KO artist. He's more of a boxer than a puncher and he doesn't hit THAT hard. Plus Canelo has a solid chin. Therefore it goes to scorecards. And how Canelo is judged in Vegas on scorecards...well, you know the drill. So, yeah, realistically speaking a draw is the best case scenario for DJ.
Old 04-16-2019, 12:49 AM #24
Contender

Quoted: 175 Post(s)
mxtali has a reputation beyond reputemxtali has a reputation beyond reputemxtali has a reputation beyond reputemxtali has a reputation beyond reputemxtali has a reputation beyond reputemxtali has a reputation beyond reputemxtali has a reputation beyond reputemxtali has a reputation beyond reputemxtali has a reputation beyond reputemxtali has a reputation beyond reputemxtali has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,376.03
Total Points: 14,745.43

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushking View Post
Hes a lying fanboi,of course hes full of sht. jacobs faced mora on hbo,yet he claims ggg the "champ" was supposedly rejected by hbo if he faced mora
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

How does what hes saying make any sense when ggg fought adama off tv instead of mora who would've been on hbo like he was vs jacobs,& Mora faced jacobs in a much bigger venue despite him not being "the champ" like ggg? Its a known fact that ggg claimed it was due to "promotional issues" which is the only reason it was contested at a restaurant in monaco ffs because adama was an ultra bum.

Thats the story of gggs career,turning down fights to face bums in restaurants
Jacobs faced Mora twice, on PBC.
mxtali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 12:51 AM #25
All time great

Quoted: 8902 Post(s)
daggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,375.83
Total Points: 91,226.65
No Message - Tha_Greatest stand up poster - bigsmoothh pizza pizza - bigsmoothh Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero calzaghe = goat - sugarsmosley 
give this loser daggum another kick - Freedom2014 you are the funniest poster on the site, here's a pie - jas this calzaghe reminder thread is hilarious - jas a truly great poster - jas hella funny posts - SlySlickSmooth 
Caffeine - For working those CompuClinch graveyard shifts. - - Ram Raid - Superman - jas 8 years of the same old boring trolling scheme, you have no life but at least ur good at it - Omowale Tribe so true - Santa_ Great post.  Double standards for Froyd.  Ha - anthonydavid11 
funniest poster on Boxing Scene - Snoop Frog No Message - Snoop Frog Ward 115-112 - siablo14 Wise words, man - anthonydavid11 Sarcasm called. They asked me how you do it. I hung up. - Tony Trick-Pony 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jas Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jas Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - jas 
Autism - jas Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - jas Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jas Childhood Cancer - jas 
Childhood Cancer - jas Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - !a! Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !a! Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - !a! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxtali View Post
Jacobs faced Mora twice, on PBC.
and he said this right after i told him to stop making things up and do research. its mind bobbling!
daggum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 01:14 AM #26
Undisputed Champion

Location: The Desert,Peoples republic of Commiefornia,The land where insanity is law
Quoted: 3312 Post(s)
kushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 142,933.26
Total Points: 172,771.70
Keep up the great work champ! - JK1700 Go get high some more and stay out of boxing u idiot - Boxing Goat 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggum View Post
and he said this right after i told him to stop making things up and do research. its mind bobbling!
Yes it was on espn which is even worse. FAIL!

Ggg faced adama off tv in monaco in a restaurant with 150 person capacity.while jacobs faced mora in barclays center,FAIL!

But keep trying to move the goalposts with semantics.this argument was about whether ggg turned down a tv fight where hbo had offered him vs mora.but he chose a bum off tv in a restaurant.

Hows this for a wager,how about I pull up a qoute where ggg ducked mora after he won the contender under the premise that:"hes too boring & elusive of a style" despite him having offered to face him when mora was an ultra bum? As usual ggg ALWAYS found every excuse to duck elusive fighters but when a bum had an opening he was willing to fight off tv ffs.

How ironic is it that ggg started his career by ducking the winner of a tv show lkke the contender & ended up trying to face the latest version just to duck EVERYONE as always.
kushking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 01:15 AM #27
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 17880 Post(s)
aboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,382.91
Total Points: 187,076.29
This id should have kick me and dildos every where. Sh1t poster. - mrdogtown1975 Very good post in the Man creates homunculus thread - punchr No Message - ИATAS No Message - ИATAS No Message - Scott.Weiland. 
Keeping it real - Nomadic It's about money - Nomadic Always great posts, one of the best people on here! - JK1700 Undisputed - travestyny 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
Do you have a source for HBO rejecting Mora?

daggum..... ???

we DEFINITELY need a link for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushking View Post
Hes a lying fanboi,of course hes full of sht. jacobs faced mora on hbo,yet he claims ggg the "champ" was supposedly rejected by hbo if he faced mora

How does what hes saying make any sense when ggg fought adama off tv instead of mora who would've been on hbo like he was vs jacobs,& Mora faced jacobs in a much bigger venue despite him not being "the champ" like ggg? Its a known fact that ggg claimed it was due to "promotional issues" which is the only reason it was contested at a restaurant in monaco ffs because adama was an ultra bum.

Thats the story of gggs career,turning down fights to face bums in restaurants

yea what a load of horse-shlt

they accepted guys like Proksa Rosado Ishida
aboutfkntime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 01:22 AM #28
Undisputed Champion

Location: The Desert,Peoples republic of Commiefornia,The land where insanity is law
kushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond repute
Keep up the great work champ! - JK1700 Go get high some more and stay out of boxing u idiot - Boxing Goat 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboutfkntime View Post
daggum..... ???

we DEFINITELY need a link for that

yea what a load of horse-shlt

they accepted guys like Proksa Rosado Ishida
My last post cleared up how full of crap daggum is as always. This is the same stan who crys about canelo facing fielding 1 day.then another was actually arguing that crolla was not only a good opponent but that hes somehow a barometer of lomas skills. This guy was trying to justify ggg offering to face the contender recently,& now today hes defending ggg blatantly swerving the old version of the contender after having offered to fight him way before he won the contender only because he was a bum. Abels qoute: "Ggg wanted to fight him before having an deal,but now mora is too boring & his style will make it hard to find a champ who will face him hes elusive & boxes" that was when moras stock was at an all time high

Last edited by kushking; 04-16-2019 at 01:26 AM.
Old 04-16-2019, 01:24 AM #29
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 17880 Post(s)
aboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,382.91
Total Points: 187,076.29
This id should have kick me and dildos every where. Sh1t poster. - mrdogtown1975 Very good post in the Man creates homunculus thread - punchr No Message - ИATAS No Message - ИATAS No Message - Scott.Weiland. 
Keeping it real - Nomadic It's about money - Nomadic Always great posts, one of the best people on here! - JK1700 Undisputed - travestyny 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggum View Post
sorry i dont have an offiical press release from hbo saying they rejected mora but i did find this quote descrbiing moras standing at the time "The HBO crew led by Jim Lampley was hypercritical of Mora and his style and he was essentially embargoed from the network after that bout."

riiiiight, you were just playing simon says

"Alright, as I watched Sergio Mora dominating Proksa, a few weeks back. I found myself thinking, he can give Golovkin a different look. Maybe even go the full 12, with the feared “Monster” of the middle weight division. I believe he has the height, defensive style, experience, and chin to give Gennady Golovkin a good test and possibly win.

He has fought 160 pounders and 168 pounders before, in addition he has seen every style that you can possibly as a pro. He also has a recognizable name for HBO and deserves one last good pay day, at the very least
."
aboutfkntime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 01:29 AM #30
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboutfkntime View Post
riiiiight, you were just playing simon says

"Alright, as I watched Sergio Mora dominating Proksa, a few weeks back. I found myself thinking, he can give Golovkin a different look. Maybe even go the full 12, with the feared “Monster” of the middle weight division. I believe he has the height, defensive style, experience, and chin to give Gennady Golovkin a good test and possibly win.

He has fought 160 pounders and 168 pounders before, in addition he has seen every style that you can possibly as a pro. He also has a recognizable name for HBO and deserves one last good pay day, at the very least
."
Thats Lampleys qoute right? This guy loves getting owned by opening cans of worms that end up being full of whoopass

Share This With Friends