Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 04-04-2019, 06:40 PM #1
Contender

Quoted: 246 Post(s)
tcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,257.88
Total Points: 15,102.89
Default 3rd Amateur Fight - Split Decision

Figured I'd make a separate thread. My original opponent backed out the night before the fight, but a guy in the tournament from the 165lb division that had a bye (since there was an odd number of people), was gracious enough to fight me. I took the fight regardless of a 12+lb weight difference. The guy was 5-1 and was from the same gym as my original opponent. I did learn that he dropped out of the tournament after our fight for undisclosed reasons.

I lost a split decision. I really thought I did enough to win at least 2 of the rds. I definitely hurt him in the 3rd but I wasted a good amount of energy trying to follow it up and he did a good job of tying me up and recovering (and fighting back). I spent most of my training trying to cut weight, and then had to fight at my old weightclass lol. Now that I'm down here though I can focus on more sprints and less long distance runs before my next fight (May 3rd as long as I get matched).

Here's vid (sorry its in vertical, clearly I wasn't the one recording lol): [Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

I'm in Red.
tcbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-04-2019, 08:20 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 688 Post(s)
Longhaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,217.64

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcbender View Post
Figured I'd make a separate thread. My original opponent backed out the night before the fight, but a guy in the tournament from the 165lb division that had a bye (since there was an odd number of people), was gracious enough to fight me. I took the fight regardless of a 12+lb weight difference. The guy was 5-1 and was from the same gym as my original opponent. I did learn that he dropped out of the tournament after our fight for undisclosed reasons.

I lost a split decision. I really thought I did enough to win at least 2 of the rds. I definitely hurt him in the 3rd but I wasted a good amount of energy trying to follow it up and he did a good job of tying me up and recovering (and fighting back). I spent most of my training trying to cut weight, and then had to fight at my old weightclass lol. Now that I'm down here though I can focus on more sprints and less long distance runs before my next fight (May 3rd as long as I get matched).

Here's vid (sorry its in vertical, clearly I wasn't the one recording lol): [Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

I'm in Red.
I thought like you that you did enough to win the fight despite the weight difference you looked good for your only third fight .I would bust my balls to get to 201 and end up having to fight a 240 lbs super heavy weight or show up for a smoker around 205 or so and get stuck fighting a monster but at your weight that must have been tough fighting at a 12 pound disadvantage and a guy with a little more exp.Keep working hard and keep us up to date with videos of your next fight.
Longhaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 08:22 PM #3
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 688 Post(s)
Longhaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,217.64

He dropped out of the tournament because you knocked the sh&t out of him in the third.
Longhaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 08:42 PM #4
Contender

tcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhaul View Post
I thought like you that you did enough to win the fight despite the weight difference you looked good for your only third fight .I would bust my balls to get to 201 and end up having to fight a 240 lbs super heavy weight or show up for a smoker around 205 or so and get stuck fighting a monster but at your weight that must have been tough fighting at a 12 pound disadvantage and a guy with a little more exp.Keep working hard and keep us up to date with videos of your next fight.
Aye thanks man! I couldn't really tell all that much, he didn't seem that much bigger or stronger, but I fought a dude at 170 for my first fight weighing in at 161 and a dude at 165 for my second so was probably used to it.
I'll most definitely keep posting vids! I think the next one is May 4th? whatever that Friday is. Hoping I get a matchup in my weightclass this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhaul View Post
He dropped out of the tournament because you knocked the sh&t out of him in the third.
Haa since I don't have anymore information I like to think I knocked him out of the tourney lol.
Old 04-04-2019, 09:46 PM #5
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2740 Post(s)
BillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,309.08
Total Points: 33,670.36
Good post, man. - anthonydavid11 First Rate Poster - ironmt Good poster, even when you disagree with him. - 1bad65 

You did well but he gave you some work too with his left hand.

You look like you tired a bit too much by the end.

Try to improve your snap and your stamina working the bag like a maniac.
BillyBoxing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 01:47 AM #6
SRR by Triangle Theory

Quoted: 1783 Post(s)
Rockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,296.09
Total Points: 23,997.87
Happy 10k darling! :kiss: - *Boss Lady* 10k posts - ??? Happy birthday Rockin' - dan_cov happy birthday - TBear You are one of the best posters here. - I'm so sorry 
Great post on crime statistics. It's truly a disturbing trend. - thuggery for keepin it real in the training lounge , your the man rockin. - HUGH JASS For beating the stuffing out of master chef - lparm how do u give someone a good rep? cant figure it out - bigpauly To a fighting Man - Weltz 
One of the great posters - jas Merry Cristmas Rockin' - TBear :) - Salim_Shady Thank you for bumping the Rockin' story thread, I would have otherwise never seen it and I really enjoyed reading it. - Tyler_Durden Icon says it all - jazluvr 
Happy hoidays - jazluvr Thanks for the green! - GhostofDempsey Cheers! - Shontae De'marc Thanks! - GhostofDempsey What a faggot, deleting your posts and snitching on users. Gtfo this forum btch - lfc19titles 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Childhood Cancer - bigpauly World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Quote:

I'm in Red.
Good work! I saw you working his body at the first bell but you didn't stay on it for very long. I saw that you finally quit with your jab after the 1st round, did you corner instruct you to do that? You were landing your right hands but your feet were so bad that you didn't/couldn't follow up with your hooks. You gotta fix that. Otherwise, I would say that you put up a good fight. Good job man. So what's your record now? .Rockin'
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Rockin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 07:09 AM #7
Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBoxing View Post
You did well but he gave you some work too with his left hand.

You look like you tired a bit too much by the end.

Try to improve your snap and your stamina working the bag like a maniac.
Thanks man. He definitely was pretty skilled, and was trying to pressure/bully me I felt like.

You don't get a great view with, but I kinda gassed myself a bit chasing a followup after I hit him hard in the third a couple times. Then I was loading up on that right hand over and over again which he started to duck. I was seeing red at that point and didn't realize I should've thrown the uppercut.

I also mostly battled with losing the weight, so I wasn't able to do really any sprints the last two weeks beforehand like I usually would. Had to stick to the diet and long distance runs pretty much up until 2 days before the fight.
Old 04-05-2019, 07:12 AM #8
Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' View Post
Good work! I saw you working his body at the first bell but you didn't stay on it for very long. I saw that you finally quit with your jab after the 1st round, did you corner instruct you to do that? You were landing your right hands but your feet were so bad that you didn't/couldn't follow up with your hooks. You gotta fix that. Otherwise, I would say that you put up a good fight. Good job man. So what's your record now? .Rockin'
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Ha thanks man. Yeah I was slipping some of those in, but eventually started catching him with the right and got a little too fixated on it. I was loading up and coming in way too far trying to blast him and he would duck under and we'd get tied up. Definitely going to work on that some more.
Appreciate the kind words! I'm now 1-2 in amateur fights, not super worried about the record at this point, but eventually will start caring about winning as I get more experience. Really greatful I got to fight!
Old 04-05-2019, 04:04 PM #9
Up and Comer

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
scbb has a reputation beyond reputescbb has a reputation beyond reputescbb has a reputation beyond reputescbb has a reputation beyond reputescbb has a reputation beyond reputescbb has a reputation beyond reputescbb has a reputation beyond reputescbb has a reputation beyond reputescbb has a reputation beyond reputescbb has a reputation beyond reputescbb has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,093.93
Total Points: 7,775.09

Quote:

I'm in Red.
Why only 2 minute rounds?
scbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 04:36 PM #10
Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbb View Post
Why only 2 minute rounds?
Non tournament bouts are 2 minute rds.

Share This With Friends

Tags
amateur, decision, fight, split