Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smiling SIMILARITIES between SPENCE and GOLOVKIN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spence Jr hate is building and it has ZERO to do with him or anything he is doing, the hate is starting to come because of his FANS which to me is beyond ridiculous to hate or root against a guy just so you can talk trash to their fans? Really? That is beyond childish and I've expressed this to other as well who don't like Loma, GGG and other fighters who the BIGOTS use as the face of their own Ignorant Agenda to be Anti Mexican or Anti American Boxers

Spence Jr is a excellent fighter that is entering his PRIME! GGG had a GREAT Run and is still very dangerous, you cannot say GGG is washed up or slowing down when he arguable beat Canelo TWICE. So I respect both, neither is much for talking they would rather get you in the ring and SHOW YOU what they can do rather than tell you what they can do
    Last edited by sicko; 03-27-2019, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock&Roll View Post
      Got sand in your vagina?
      What's the point in this thread? To hate on both guys? Yeah it is, so what's the fkn point?

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
        Spence Jr hate is build and it has ZERO to do with him or anything he is doing, the hate is starting to come because of his FANS which to me is beyond ridiculous to hate or root against a guy just so you can talk trash to their fans? Really? That is beyond childish and I've expressed this to other as well who don't like Loma, GGG and other fighters who the BIGOTS use as the face of their own Ignorant Agenda to be Anti Mexican or Anti American Boxers

Spence Jr is a excellent fighter that is entering his PRIME! GGG had a GREAT Run and is still very dangerous, you cannot say GGG is washed up or slowing down when he arguable beat Canelo TWICE. So I respect both, neither is much for talking they would rather get you in the ring and SHOW YOU what they can do rather than tell you what they can do
        Good post. I agree with you on this one

Comment

[QUOTE=Boxing Goat;19619858]What's the point in this thread? To hate on both guys? Yeah it is, so what's the fkn point?

You know we have a negative bias in our brains? The media know it - that's why there is so much negative news, because our brain reacts more strongly to stimuli it deems negative. It probably protected us back in caveman days but isn't ideal in 21st century.

I simply started a discussion in a boxing forum about 2 level headed boxers i like to watch and happen to be top 10 in the game.

Comment

There are similarities but there are also glaring differences. Golovkin is more powerful but he relies on his power more than Spence. Golovkin has more snap in his jab but his is more predictable. Golovkin has a good body attack but Spence digs hard to the body and has a variety of punches to the body. Spence has better fundamentals and a better game plan although the latter is more from coaching. I think Golovkin's coach was out coached by Jacobs and Canelo's coach. Spence has a better defense when he decides to use it. Golovkin impressed me a little it in the first fight with Canelo. Spence impressed me with his grittiness against Brook and his boxing against Garcia.

Comment

[QUOTE=HarvardBlue;19619906]There are similarities but there are also glaring differences.
              agree

Golovkin is more powerful but he relies on his power more than Spence.
              somewhat agree

Golovkin has more snap in his jab but his is more predictable.
              i wouldn't call it snap but rather thudding with impeccable timing. This why he lands so many jabs considering how slow he is.

Golovkin has a good body attack but Spence digs hard to the body and has a variety of punches to the body.
              agree. Spence wings them to the body

Spence has better fundamentals and a better game plan although the latter is more from coaching.
              i think Golovkin might edge him on fundamentals imo. Golovin has actute awareness but not great plan over 12

I think Golovkin's coach was out coached by Jacobs and Canelo's coach.
              agree

Spence has a better defense when he decides to use it.
              Golovkin has better defense in the pocket. Sometimes he's happy to stay in and ride the punches rather than stepping back, which is less effective but more complicated.

Golovkin impressed me a little it in the first fight with Canelo. Spence impressed me with his grittiness against Brook and his boxing against Garcia.
              GG and Spence impressed me too, do did Brook. I hated how Canelo fought in first fight, although I've always loved Canelo's upper body movement and pure pro style.

Comment

GGG is more Mexican than Spence. boliodogs

Comment

Off the top of the head....
                  -Both underated in skill department
                  -Both have solid power
                  -Both stalk opponents
                  -Both have been avoided
                  -Both are humble, quiet spoken
                  -Both have solid jab
                  -Both are solid A fighters, who KO B level fightes.
                  -Both have great balance
                  -Both can throw crushing body shots
                  -Both top 10 p4p
                  -Both exciting to watch
                  -Any more?

I guess it's safe to say if you are a fan of one, you are a fan of the other. Juding a fighter in ring of course, not boxing politics.
                  I'm a fan of Golovkin and I'm rapidly becoming a fan of Spence for the reasons you listed. I don't know if he is the best Welterweight right now but I really enjoy watching him.fight. I was surprised when people were running down his boxing skills prior to the Garcia fight. He has a great jab, doesn't get flustered in the ring, sticks to his game plan and has an outstanding body attack. He's a scary opponent because of his determination and his skills.

Comment

Off the top of the head....
                    -Both underated in skill department
                    -Both have solid power
                    -Both stalk opponents
                    -Both have been avoided
                    -Both are humble, quiet spoken
                    -Both have solid jab
                    -Both are solid A fighters, who KO B level fightes.
                    -Both have great balance
                    -Both can throw crushing body shots
                    -Both top 10 p4p
                    -Both exciting to watch
                    -Any more?

I guess it's safe to say if you are a fan of one, you are a fan of the other. Juding a fighter in ring of course, not boxing politics.
                    Yes. They are my favorites along with Canelo and Inoue and I find it hard to understand why so many on here hate them.

Comment

[QUOTE=Rock&Roll;19619949]
                      Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
                      There are similarities but there are also glaring differences.
                      agree

Golovkin is more powerful but he relies on his power more than Spence.
                      somewhat agree

Golovkin has more snap in his jab but his is more predictable.
                      i wouldn't call it snap but rather thudding with impeccable timing. This why he lands so many jabs considering how slow he is.

Golovkin has a good body attack but Spence digs hard to the body and has a variety of punches to the body.
                      agree. Spence wings them to the body

Spence has better fundamentals and a better game plan although the latter is more from coaching.
                      i think Golovkin might edge him on fundamentals imo. Golovin has actute awareness but not great plan over 12

I think Golovkin's coach was out coached by Jacobs and Canelo's coach.
                      agree

Spence has a better defense when he decides to use it.
                      Golovkin has better defense in the pocket. Sometimes he's happy to stay in and ride the punches rather than stepping back, which is less effective but more complicated.

Golovkin impressed me a little it in the first fight with Canelo. Spence impressed me with his grittiness against Brook and his boxing against Garcia.
                      GG and Spence impressed me too, do did Brook. I hated how Canelo fought in first fight, although I've always loved Canelo's upper body movement and pure pro style.
                      That upper body movement IMO was wasted energy. He cut down on it in the second fight and was more efficient at least that's how it appeared to me.
                      Last edited by TonyGe; 03-27-2019, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X