Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone sparred a pro boxer as an amateur?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
    Pretty straight forward. Has anyone ever sparred a pro boxer as an amateur?

I have and I'm ashamed to say I was hurt by a straight right hand. Landed right on my mouth, I saw stars and my eyes watered immediately. I had to take a break after that hit. Dude hit extremely hard but he had been boxing for about 4 years before I even sparred him.
    I sparred a few pro guys. One guy was a journeyman I think he was 3-8 and that went well, I roughed him up. But that didnt work with the legit pro dude I sparred but he preety much was toying with me, keeping me away with jabs and an occasional body punch.

sparring with pros is the best way to really get better at the science. You just need pros that are going to work with you and are not in there to take your head of.

Comment

no but I sparred two boxers who would later become world champions after they turned pro. doesn't really count because they were amateurs and I had more experience than them at the time we sparred.

Comment

I recently watched a 42y/o former amateur probably middlewight, spar with an undefeated, nationally ranked professional cruiserweight prospect.
        Boxing lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
          Not in the literal sense, I'm referring to the boxers nickname.
          Ok, bluntly put;

Anthony Dirrell?

Comment

Originally posted by Wesker115 View Post
            I recently watched a 42y/o former amateur probably middlewight, spar with an undefeated, nationally ranked professional cruiserweight prospect.
            Boxing lesson.
            Deantay Wilder spars against old shot middleweights as well as fighting them in the pro game!?

Edit: thought you said heavyweight not cruiserweight. Joke ruined
            Last edited by Alonzo Harris; 11-13-2012, 12:16 PM.

Comment

I sparred a pro who had won the golden gloves novice and open a couple times. when we sparred i got ****y and dropped my hands and he hit me with 1 2's and i would jab and move . he was like 10-9 as a pro.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                Ok, bluntly put;

Anthony Dirrell?
                Hahaha no! Bluntly put it was Harry Joe Yorgey. Guy was a monster back then.

Comment

I sparred a dude that's a pro. Not a very good pro, but even the bad pros are tough. He was so hard to hit it was fun though. He fought Mayweather too so it was interesting.

Comment

I've sparred two active pros 1 that's a journeyman at 3-5 and the other is ranked top 10 in the uk the journeyman was ok and i felt I gave as good as I got , the better guy was class he was constantly on me and knew what I was going to throw before I did

Comment

I sparred Micheal Carbaja (of course he was going light on me i was like 16 17 at the time) and right after Micheal got into a fist fight with his brother and fucked em up. LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X