Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 03-20-2009, 11:19 PM #21
Juan Hitter Quitter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
El Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 700,182,727,546.38
Total Points: 700,183,404,984.66
No Message - T-97 happy 2000th - The Gully Gad oatmeal stout is what its about - el guason456 For being a true boxing fan! - Dorian Jotto runnin like a straight up bitch - {}{}MATADOR{}{} 
Happy b-day homey - mangler Happy Birfday! - Sweet Pea 50 Happy b day - Jewshua i forgot the beer.lol. Viva margacotto!!! - strugler A token of appreciation on your useful posts .. - Hard2kill 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Ch@mpBox@PR Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Spacey1991 Gay and Lesbian Pride - MexicanMauler Gay and Lesbian Pride - S K I N Gay and Lesbian Pride - S K I N 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dondi330 View Post
Why is Floyd Mayweather Considered "so great if he left so early?

Cant be because was unbeaten because other fighters could simply quit early while unbeaten. Or was it?

Cant be how he outclassed most of his opponents because pretty much many other fighters have done this and did not leave early(they simply hung around until they lost or fought hard competitive fights). Or was it?

Cant be because of the level of his opponents because again other fighters have beaten some of his competition worse than he did. Or was it?

Or was it simply the "Cash Cow" Factor? Pretty much the same reason people think so highly of Oscar De La Hoya(his money makine ability added to his skill)?

I'm not hating because I actually like Floyd but want to hear the opinions of his fans or non-fans.
Cuz he's a loud mouth arrogant mother fucker. That's why stans like him. Kinda like wrestling fans. If he was modest and respectable, he wouldn't have half the stans he has now.
El Chicano is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-20-2009, 11:21 PM #22
Greatest Of My Era

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Horus has a spectacular aura aboutHorus has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 10,854,097,917,481.67
Total Points: 10,854,104,349,517.69
Enjoy a sandwich, let em know Horus - El Dominicano have a slice on me, my dude - Gift Of Gab Good job with the Plat Threads - mitruth Your growing on me Horus. - Jewshua Great Debater - deanrw 
heres to you homie - markbnlv Stay Green, damnit - Fiend practice on this before blowing floyd - JM1 this goes to your ass - JM1 a slush for you and your lover squealpiggy - Tha_Greatest 
Happy Kwanzaa - Freedom. 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 

Quote:
From a business and legacy stand point ...very nice.
But Im just a fan that wants to see him fight other good-great fighters, or someone that will test him.
I love boxing more than boxers.
Who doesnt?

I would love to see Floyd fight every 3 months if he could. Because that means he would fight 4 times a year.

Once Again on this topic,

I think Floyd fans have no problem with floyd fighting Other WW's...
The problem is that People saying he can ONLY fight Welterweights for it to be a legitimate fight and win, when he himself is not really a welterweight compare to the rest of the welterweights...

• I Didnt see people having a problem with Middleweight Hopkins Fighting a jr.middleweight De La hoya at the time instead of a top middleweight
  • I Didnt see people having with A jr. Middleweight Oscar De La Hoya Fighting a small welterweight in Mayweather at the time instead of a top jr.middleweight
  • I Didnt see people having with Middleweight Marvin Hagler Fighting a jr. Middleweight in Thomas Hearns at the time instead of a top middleweight

Why is that Mosely& Cotto can call out Pacquaio and Hatton but Floyd can't?
(which he still havent did)

Why cant Floyd fight people his own size and even smaller then him when he himself is a small dude fighting bigger dudes all the time is my point...

People get mad because I apply the standards on other fighters that they apply to Floyd...but my whole thing is dont be a hypocrite.

If you think it is Cool for Pacquaio to fight Hatton...Then you should think it's Cool For Pacquaio to fight Floyd...

If you think It's cool for Floyd to fight Paul Williams, then you should think it's cool for Floyd to fight somebody has tremendous physical advnatages over...

You get my point.... DONT MAKE SPECIAL RULES for Floyd and not everybody else. thats been my problem from day 1.

DOUBLE STANDARDS
Horus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:25 PM #23
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
AztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,712,217,775.35
Total Points: 2,512,201,374,539.63
Thanks for betting. - RED ARMY Party hardy.. - Hard Dick Happy Friday!!! Cheers!! - RicDaRula Thanks alot man - El Dominicano For being one of the few sane forum members around here! - F•R•K•O 
happy 1000th! - JAB5239 Cerveza Con Carácter - Puas Thank you for that donut sir - The Gold Mac you da man! - RJJ The Truth Cool poster wit some common sense. Sip it slow homey - mangler 
cause im the shit - Gift Of Gab Here's an apple for ya....... - Breakbeat you get the pizza, i get the beer...thanks homie - Makavelli Respect homey, for bein one of the site's best - mangler Where you been? - Dominicano Soy! 
A round on me homey - mangler Happy New Year - Freedom. Cheers! - dan_cov Damn, when ISN'T Erik Morales vowing war against someone or something? God bless that man. - thuggery Margarito is a monster - hectari 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Sox8055 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - -Boxzilla- Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - dan_cov Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - dan_cov 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
Cuz he's a loud mouth arrogant mother fucker. That's why stans like him. Kinda like wrestling fans. If he was modest and respectable, he wouldn't have half the stans he has now.
I've read that he is really a nice dude in person but just acts up in public.
AztecWanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:32 PM #24
Banned

strugler has a reputation beyond reputestrugler has a reputation beyond reputestrugler has a reputation beyond reputestrugler has a reputation beyond reputestrugler has a reputation beyond reputestrugler has a reputation beyond reputestrugler has a reputation beyond reputestrugler has a reputation beyond reputestrugler has a reputation beyond reputestrugler has a reputation beyond reputestrugler has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,697,013.64
Total Points: 1,906,569.42
Arriba Mario Lopez! - Perro i forgot the beer.lol. Viva margacotto!!! - strugler Belated 1K Post Gift Homie! - Perro Just in case pacquiao loses. Dont want you to have sour grapes. - {}{}MATADOR{}{} Back at ya bro - chicano79us 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus View Post
Who doesnt?

I would love to see Floyd fight every 3 months if he could. Because that means he would fight 4 times a year.

The problem is that People saying he can ONLY fight Welterweights for it to be a legitimate fight and win, when he himself is not really a welterweight compare to the rest of the welterweights...

• I Didnt see people having a problem with Middleweight Hopkins Fighting a jr.middleweight De La hoya at the time instead of a top middleweight
  • I Didnt see people having with A jr. Middleweight Oscar De La Hoya Fighting a small welterweight in Mayweather at the time instead of a top jr.middleweight
  • I Didnt see people having with Middleweight Marvin Hagler Fighting a jr. Middleweight in Thomas Hearns at the time instead of a top middleweight

Why cant Floyd fight people his own size and even smaller then him when he himself is a small dude fighting bigger dudes all the time is my point...

People get mad because I apply the standards on other fighters that they apply to Floyd...but my whole thing is dont be a hypocrite.

If you think it is Cool for Pacquaio to fight Hatton...Then you should think it's Cool For Pacquaio to fight Floyd...

If you think It's cool for Floyd to fight Paul Williams, then you should think it's cool for Floyd to fight somebody has tremendous physical advnatages over...

You get my point.... DONT MAKE SPECIAL RULES for Floyd and not everybody else. thats been my problem from day 1.

DOUBLE STANDARDS

Cause people see he has unbelievable talent and want to face greater adversity compared with above mentioned fighter.I think of it as a compliment rather than a double standard, he also thrashtalk and people want to see him back it up.
strugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:33 PM #25
spider jerusalem!

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
talip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,071,151,310,409.77
great poster - MaD vEiN prolific poster - Jerub_Baal thank you talip merry christmas - the collector Happy holidays bro! - led* Season's Greetings - Freedom. 
Welcome to the ranks - Terrel 

Quote:
No questioning his greatness?
I'm no huthugger so I question everything and Im in no cult following of Mayweather....lol
im in no cult of his either man... but im afarid for all that he has achieved in his 39 fight career, he has become great in a sense that trinidad, whitaker and lennox lewis were great...
talip bin osman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:36 PM #26
Contender

Young Mike has a spectacular aura aboutYoung Mike has a spectacular aura about
Total Points: 7,559.66

Quote:
Originally Posted by british_fan View Post
im not a massive fan,but if u watch him fight at 130 lbs,the guy is unreal.he hits and doesnt get hit and has truly phenomenal skills and thats why people want 2 c him fight more,and the fact that there r so many opponents out there that make for mouth watering match-ups
What does that mean thats he's like Pernell Whitaker. You can have great skill, but that means nothing in boxing if you can't beat the best. Shane Mosley has shown good skill and great ability, but he wouldn't have been as popular if he didn't fight the best boxers in the sport.

Floyd Mayweather really never had a big money fight up untill he fought Oscar De La Hoya. Then he really made the spotlight. Before it was more his talking that gave him more recognition. Nobody really knew anything about his opponents untill he fought De La Hoya. Diego Corales got more fame after he fought Jose Luis Castillo. Even though Castillo had been knocked out five times he got fame for that fight.

No ones stays undefeated if they fight the best. Sugar Ray Leonard, Tommy Hearns, Sugar Ray Robinson, Pernall Whitaker, Oscar de La Hoya, Shane Mosley. All these fighters displayed speed and many had more pounching power than Mayweather. Great fighters and they all lost.

If you want to give fans a good boxing match you have to do something more than just run, clinch and hold. Boxing wouldn't be the same if every boxer just plays it safe.
Young Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:05 AM #27
Banned

dondi330 has a brilliant futuredondi330 has a brilliant futuredondi330 has a brilliant futuredondi330 has a brilliant futuredondi330 has a brilliant futuredondi330 has a brilliant futuredondi330 has a brilliant futuredondi330 has a brilliant futuredondi330 has a brilliant futuredondi330 has a brilliant futuredondi330 has a brilliant future
Total Points: 153,832.15
Dondi your 1 of the best Pr on here - Boricua19355c 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
I kind of hear that....Im a yankee fan and I seen that with Bernie Williams, Bernie was great but the Yankees on steroids and big mouths, or tv commercials got the most recognition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus View Post
Who doesnt?

DOUBLE STANDARDS
Well to play "devils advocate"...I have seen and heard fans place Floyd on a super pedestal and with that comes great responsibility. If your loud and claiming to be one of the best ever along with your fans , then YES, your standards are different. Its not hypocritical if you yourself creates a expects a higher standard(which he has).

"Why is that Mosely& Cotto can call out Pacquaio and Hatton but Floyd can't?
(which he still havent did)"
as for this I just dont get it. Not my thinking. Margarito fought a bigger guy in Williams, Cotto in Margarito, Hoya and Pac, Mosley and Forrest, so whatever.
dondi330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:17 AM #28
U.S.M.C

Don Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeDon Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeDon Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeDon Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeDon Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeDon Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeDon Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeDon Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeDon Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeDon Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeDon Johnson has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,942.86
Total Points: 87,292.93

Alot overate him like crazy especially Larry X. He;s a good fighter but, he hasn't done **** as of late.
Don Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:19 AM #29
Undisputed Champion

MikeBrew328 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBrew328 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBrew328 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBrew328 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBrew328 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBrew328 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBrew328 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBrew328 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBrew328 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBrew328 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBrew328 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.60
Total Points: 52,600.90

You are delusional if you think Mayweather would fight more than 2 fights in 1 year......or at least big fights.
MikeBrew328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:24 AM #30
In Honor of SAMURAI

Puntoyhauf has a reputation beyond reputePuntoyhauf has a reputation beyond reputePuntoyhauf has a reputation beyond reputePuntoyhauf has a reputation beyond reputePuntoyhauf has a reputation beyond reputePuntoyhauf has a reputation beyond reputePuntoyhauf has a reputation beyond reputePuntoyhauf has a reputation beyond reputePuntoyhauf has a reputation beyond reputePuntoyhauf has a reputation beyond reputePuntoyhauf has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,257,443,512.88
Total Points: 3,257,572,123.94
For all the laughs and being a great guy. - S a m u r a i lol sweet avi, teh one with pac and morales always cracked me up - Orgasmatron To celebrate Manny's victory - S a m u r a i have a slice pizza - shahzadgers No Message - Mr._Pink 
You're still my idol! LOL. - S a m u r a i 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - S a m u r a i Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - S a m u r a i Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - S a m u r a i 
Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - S a m u r a i Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - S a m u r a i Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - S a m u r a i Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - S a m u r a i Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - S a m u r a i 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - S a m u r a i Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - S a m u r a i Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - S a m u r a i Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - S a m u r a i Autism - S a m u r a i 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - S a m u r a i AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - S a m u r a i Head and Neck Cancer - S a m u r a i Hepatitis C - S a m u r a i Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - S a m u r a i 

PBF is...

Great = yes indeed. no questions.

on ATG list = yes but not as high at his nuthuggers put him but not as the haters put him.

unbeatable = absolutely not.
Puntoyhauf is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
"so, considered, early?, floyd, great, left, mayweather

User Tag List