Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why not Andre Ward vs. Sergey Kovalev III?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you hit anyone repeatedly in the balls and yes, they become exposed.

Comment

Kovalev has to hit the reset button... (Beat the second tier again)
      Ward III is not on the tables anymore.

Comment

No need, the better man won twice in a row. Do you guys really want to end kovalev's career???

Comment

i dont see how the second fight wasnt conclusive. kovalev clearly didnt want to be there and was looking for a way out.

the stoppage wasnt bad, when a fighter doesnt want to fight the ref shoud stop it. kovalev can lie all he wants afterwards but truth is when the fight was stopped he was clearly relieved.

i would have liked to see ward make him quit, which was only a few moments away had he not been knocked out proper. kovalev should thank weeks for doing what nobody in his corner likes him enough to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
            I would like to see fewer people making excuses after fights, that would be a nice change. There have been consecutive fights now and two consecutive reasons why Kovalev lost, so now we want a third fight? For what, to set the stage for a third fight laced with pathetic excuses about bad refs and chocolate pudding? I'll pass....
            I'd like to see the same thing but the BS in boxing won't go away, neither will fan boys. So expect the "excuses" to continue.

Comment

It's not Ward's fault that Weeks did such a poor job as referee. When Kovalev bent over in agony from clearly low blows Weeks should have called the blows low and given Kovalev up to 5 minutes to recover instead of handing Ward a KO win. Maybe Ward would have knocked him out cleanly very soon anyway but nobody knows that for certain. Kovalev wasn't treated fairly by Weeks. I would like to see a third fight with a referee and three judges from neutral countries. Of course that will never happen. I mean no disrespect to Ward. He fought very well.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                His tactics were not the problem. I thought he was doing a brilliant job with his jab. It's Andre Ward's style - it's not boxing, it's a mix of wrestling, grappling, dangerous low head maneuvers and low blows. Ward is not a boxer. As long as his style is tolerated and his dirty tactics go unpunished he'll even beat boxers of Mayweather's caliber.

Comment

No interest in watching him fade against Ward again unless he get's a conditioning coach.

Comment

the stoppage was a steaming pile of doo doo but im not interested in a rematch. not a huge fan of immediate rematches in general, i'd like to see these guys fight someone else. kovalev v beterbiev and ward v stevenson would interest me a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
                      I would like to see fewer people making excuses after fights, that would be a nice change. There have been consecutive fights now and two consecutive reasons why Kovalev lost, so now we want a third fight? For what, to set the stage for a third fight laced with pathetic excuses about bad refs and chocolate pudding? I'll pass....
                      This.

Kovalev had his chance to avenge the close decision of the first fight. He talked a big game about injuring Ward and ending his career, then fight night came along he got beat and wanted out of the fight for 2 rounds.

Are people seriously talking about wanting to give the guy who literally turned and walked away from the fight multiple times Saturday night? The guy who faked getting hit low and quit? Kovalev finished the fight sitting on the ropes, he deserves another shot?

Even if you think the very last shot was a little low, the other shots preceding that clearly were legal and Kovalev clearly showed several times he was trying to get out of the fight. He quit, quitters don't deserve another shot. He got beat by a better fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X