Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Michael Buffer: I Saw Kovalev Beat Ward, Fight Lacked Action

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    You sound like a typical racist dude, lol. Anyone who supports a Caucasian boxer is a POS in your opinion. It's all "these fan bases" that have the problem doe; sounds like a familiar narrative.
    so only white people support pac, ggg, and kovalev? no other ethnicity? you never met a hispanic or black pac-tard?

Comment

Originally posted by petegrif View Post
      I respect everyone's right to support whoever they want.
      I know that many fans aren't particularly well educated on the sport and that's fine too. The sport needs them.
      I find the behavior of SOME Ward fans who are gloating to be obnoxious and here's why.
      The result is most definitely controversial. You may support the result but your'e an idiot if you don't acknowledge it is controversial.
      Boxing is in trouble. We are not having enough big exciting fights. Elite fighters are avoiding each other and when they fight the fights are often technical and boring to the average fan. Meanwhile UFC is growing like crazy.
      The very LAST thing we need is a fight that is supposed to be the biggest fight of the year be marred by excessive holding and a controversial result.
      These fights are supposed to be the fights that attract new viewers, not an opportunity for people in the stadium to boo the result.
      So to gloat over the result just shows a completely immature attitude to the sport. What happened was exactly what we don't need. It hurt the sport and boxing is already in serious trouble.

We need fighters like Kovalev, GGG and Lomo because even new fans without deep knowledge of the sport can get into fights that way. Dissing them is just stupid.
      Kov was doing all the holding already proven by videos. You see a robbery, I see Ward making an incredible comeback from an early kd against one of the hardest punchers in the sport. If you want someone to blame, blame the media, they fooled most of the people into thinking Kov won when he didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam182 View Post
        so only white people support pac, ggg, and kovalev? no other ethnicity? you never met a hispanic or black pac-tard?
        All you ever seem to do is snipe about Golovkin, Kovalev or Pacquiao. Are you even interested in any other fighters, or boxing in general? You're just the other side of the same coin to the fanboys of the Pac, GGG and Kov. Extremists come in many different shades.

Comment

Remain neutral Buffer, as part of your job. Haters will probably forever spite you for this. But I understand he probably just feels bad for Kov and he was just answering a question.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
            So every non black fighters fan?... Ur a **** poster my man.
            Hes also a shlt human being. A crack baby. Ghetto created worthless specimen of life.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
              Kov was doing all the holding already proven by videos. You see a robbery, I see Ward making an incredible comeback from an early kd against one of the hardest punchers in the sport. If you want someone to blame, blame the media, they fooled most of the people into thinking Kov won when he didn't.
              Not sure about "incredible" but it required a champions heart to dust himself down after a shaky start and turn it into an Andre Ward type of fight. Kovalev has to ask himself why he reduced his punch output so much after a blistering first couple of rounds then slowly fall under Ward's spell for the rest of the fight. IMO, it came down to Ward have a superior ring IQ; having the smarts to know how to turn things around. There is nobody smarter than Andre Ward, I'll give him that.

Comment

I have to agree with Buffer, the first two rounds were the $ hit, real classic boxing, then it turned butt ugly the rest of the fight.

Comment

Buffer is from the old school of Boxing. He doesnt need three old fartbags to tell him who won a fight like these new school "fans" who cant even take a dump without some corporation telling them what toilet paper to use. Anyone who accepts that decision is a loser, consumer, slave, brainless dolt, puppet and cancer to the sport of Boxing as well as to the game of life.

Comment

First Buffer says Kovalev won the fight, then he says if he'd jabbed more he would have won. Make your mind up, either you think he won or you didn't.

Comment

Cutthroat

You're still ignoring the point. All you're doing is papering over the fact that the win was/is controversial and that isn't good for the sport. Did you even really read what I said?

And btw: It's pretty hard to blame the media for the audience at the event booing the decision.

Comment

Working...
                      X