Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Although I realize how detrimental it has been for my life, I'm scared to take risks.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by INDIFFERENT View Post
    yeah man I don't know what it was like in the 90s or 80s but I don't know man. Its seems as if unless your this exceptional talented person or someone with connections, your doomed to a life of mediocrity. I don't have any connections and I'm not particular good at anything, so what? It kinda sounds like a cop out but still, I think there's some truth to it. But even if this is the case, there's still the weekend, me time. Even if you consider it from this aspect, life is still what you make it.
    i was just getting out of school in the early 90's, it was pretty tough but not as bad as now, there were more job opportunities because outsourcing hadn't gotten really big yet. i worked in construction and manufacturing, all those jobs that were easy to get when i was a kid are the ones that will be eliminated by automation in a few years. i've seen the future and its not good, we'll be looking at at least 40% unemployment and 13 year olds addicted to meth and krokodil and having abortions

Comment

As the world progresses and technology advances, perhaps you should consider future market expansions...

As people find it easier to buy things with a push of a button, who benefits ??? Never underestimate the laziness of people and their willingness to pay for that luxury...

Someone has to have the products and someone has to deliver those products...

Consider suppliers like Amazon and shippers like UPS & FedEx... Those jobs are continuously in demand as more & more people shop online...

Web design & marketing are also viable.... The jobs are out there, just tap into your imagination... Good Luck !!!

Comment

Its has never been a problem for me to formulate a plan for my future. I've always had one yet its hard for me to truly convince myself that I have a decent chance at leading a life that I actually want. It seems like a fairytale that I can just pack up and get out of this shyt town, or that I can go back to school, get a MS in clinical psychology and make decent money at a profession I believe I would love. It just doesn't seem possible for me. I told myself this is what I'm gonna do and whatever I need to do I'm gonna do it but still, the doubt remains. And if I don't wholeheartedly believe in what I'm doing, shouldn't I just play it safe...keep doing what I'm already doing?
        Listen to speed trials by elliott smith.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UuizNQUOFCI

Comment

Go for it, I decided that no matter what I'm gonna go back to school and as scared as I was I did it.

I'm in an advanced program for people who work and barely have time. 1 class for one month, then the next month another class and so on. I had to take two classes before the Master's and to make it worst, I had to take them at the same time, the same month with the same teacher who's a perfectionist. When I told him I had class with him the next day, he told me: "Boy you have a tough challenge ahead of you" with a face that said your-not-gonna-make-it-bud.

Guess what? Some people dropped from one of his classes because it was too hard, too much work. I did nothing but study and research so I could make it work. I couldn't do anything else but study and work, the last 2 exams were written essays in class with no less than 10 pages each. My house looked abandoned because I couldn't mow the lawn for that whole month.

It was one of the worst months in my life, but I passed them with A+ each and January I'm going for the Master's.

Moral of the story: If this jackass who hasn't touched a book in 7 years could do it, so can you whatever it is your gonna do

Comment

yeah man I don't know what it was like in the 90s or 80s but I don't know man. Its seems as if unless your this exceptional talented person or someone with connections, your doomed to a life of mediocrity. I don't have any connections and I'm not particular good at anything, so what? It kinda sounds like a cop out but still, I think there's some truth to it. But even if this is the case, there's still the weekend, me time. Even if you consider it from this aspect, life is still what you make it.
            again you sound like a bitch. throwing your self a pitty party, you dont want to live a life of mediocrity but you have no great talents lmfao. What you want? the NFL brancos to let you be the quarter back with no talents? lmfao. Theirs tons of immigrants who cant even speak the language who become millionaires in this country yet you feel your future is bleek GTFOH. The problem with you nerds is your entitled, you feel you deserve more for no reason at all. You got nothing to back up the reason that you deserve more its just a feeling, if you didnt win the birth lotto and instead was born in some village in africa you'll be dead with that same mentality.

Comment

If my dad were alive, he'd slap some sense into you.

What have you done besides live in fear?

Give things a try. Make mistakes, get some life experiences under your belt. I've fail at lots of things, got up, and tried other things.

You, my young risk averse little buddy, are on the sidelines of life cheering on players. People who take chances. When we fail, we make you feel comfortable in your mediocrity. But, if we hit a grand slam home run, you tell yourself that you could do it to, if you tried. Try, just try.

Comment

Working...
              X