Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which fight contributed to triggering Muhammad Ali's Parkinson's disease the most?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which fight contributed to triggering Muhammad Ali's Parkinson's disease the most?

Pick one fight that you believe did Clay in.

Assuming Ali's Parkinson's disease was triggered by his lengthy boxing career, which bout do you suspect was the main culprit?

I believe boxing triggered Clay's Parkinson's. I find it hard to believe that he would still be talking and moving like an 80-year-old man in his forties if he never boxed a day in his life.

So which bouts ruined Ali's quality of life? Vote and discuss.

Ten years after The Rumble in the Jungle. Ali was so fucked up here, he sounds like a ******.

Ali-Frazier 3: Thrilla in Manila (1975)
    30.00%
    Ali-Foreman: Rumble in the Jungle (1974)
    15.00%
    Ali-Holmes (1980)
    20.00%
    Ali-Shavers (1977)
    20.00%
    Ali-Frazier (1971)
    0.00%
    One of the Ali-Norton fights
    0.00%
    Ali-Berbick (1981)
    5.00%
    Ali-Cooper (1963)
    5.00%
    Other
    5.00%

Poll is up. Vote.

Comment

I don't understand your hatred for the man. And please don't come back with "I don't hate him" when you clearly do. Calling him Clay is disrespectful. I don't see Ali as the God like figure some do but the man deserves his respect especially since he has passed.

And to answer your question, it had to be from an accumulation of his fights in the late 70s. He was taking big shots in almost every fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
        And to answer your question, it had to be from an accumulation of his fights in the late 70s. He was taking big shots in almost every fight.
        So Norton and Shavers, right? I picked Ali-Holmes because Ali was just a punching bag that night. In his other fights he at least had defense. Against Holmes, he was fighting like a total idiot.

Comment

Which boxing match was the most responsible for causing Ali's Parkinson's?

Vote and discuss.

original_, CHOWWOKKA, bigdunny1, g27region, DionysusX, dc_mos, canhosaigon, Selenki, jwall16, Jagan Eye, The_Professor, MagikLair, boxing_great, Kaspa9t9, Sizu, HeroBando, ramses07, Damn Wicked, deathofaclown, Simurgh, Brysonarab, FightingWords, BillyBoxing, Brahma, IFightDirty, thack, Hugger, KidDinamita, Scipio2009, b00g13man, LacedUp, denium, Pain~Lucy, El Malo., ambuu, OctoberRed, chou5, RayArman, FeFist, _Maxi, B-Bomber, dookie, tiliheels, The Akbar One, Mastrangelo, PistolPat, Gajabi, REYESdelBOXEO, Coreyp, bm Vagabond, KillaCamNZ, Ray*, Sroey, Rath, muslimer12, TheUnbiased, DoktorSleepless, Black Barty, FloppyDiskz, lefhooker, edgarg, Raimondo, Rox, HEND, IanS, URAGONAKO, kidbazooka, Redd Foxx, fazz, stellen, NN8888, GMAN SUPREME, George-Bush, derkreis, JACK1190, Dosumpthin, !! Shawn, tangalog2200, LeonSpinxMwfpce

Comment

Vadrigar. Why The Thrilla in Manila?
            !! Shawn, what's other?

Comment

Shavers... Too many big shots at too critical an age.

Comment

Originally posted by bm Vagabond View Post
                Shavers... Too many big shots at too critical an age.
                Yeah he should have been retired by then. Ali was taking too many hard shots to the dome. Getting punched in the head by giant men is no joke, you can be killed or permanently damaged like Ali was.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
                  Vadrigar. Why The Thrilla in Manila?
                  !! Shawn, what's other?
                  punishment in the gym. he was famous for just letting sparring partners beat on him to toughen himself up. Not a good idea when you have sparring partners like Larry Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                    punishment in the gym. he was famous for just letting sparring partners beat on him to toughen himself up. Not a good idea when you have sparring partners like Larry Holmes
                    So you believe the sparring did more damage than the fights? What about Thrilla in Manila. Ali took a tremendous amount of damage in that fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X