No announcement yet.

Ward Is Not Winning Another Close Dec By Illegal Tactics. He's A Disgrace

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
    But he won the first boxing match. If things go exactly the same way he'll win this one. Kov had a slight argument solely because of his power, take away kd and he was cleanly out boxed.
    Well it tells me a lot about your knowledge if you think ward won.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
      Im a huge Hagler fan I think he's the goat at mw but he did duck sgl for the rematch
      Watch srl hagler special on espn. Ray says hagler wanted an immediate rematch, his team wanted to build it up a bit so that he could get the upside hagler got first fight. Hagler didn't want to negotiate and they never spoke after that.

Comment

Watch srl hagler special on espn. Ray says hagler wanted an immediate rematch, his team wanted to build it up a bit so that he could get the upside hagler got first fight. Hagler didn't want to negotiate and they never spoke after that.
        All birds talk of coarse he wanted a rematch he won the first fight..but that's not how boxing works.

Comment

All birds talk of coarse he wanted a rematch he won the first fight..but that's not how boxing works.
          Hagler had been champ for what 8 years undefeated and lost what he considered a robbery. The story ray says is that Hagler didn't want less, he didn't want to build a rematch but he wanted an immediate rematch (as it was huge the first time regardless). The business end was never haglers thing but he felt disrespected is what Bert sugar says. He was a proud man who thought he was cheated out of his lineage, what would be his desire to duck? He wasn't scared of his power, he won the second half of the fight, ray was available to be hit and he had just made 11 million. Why wouldn't he want that situation again?

Comment

Hagler had been champ for what 8 years undefeated and lost what he considered a robbery. The story ray says is that Hagler didn't want less, he didn't want to build a rematch but he wanted an immediate rematch (as it was huge the first time regardless). The business end was never haglers thing but he felt disrespected is what Bert sugar says. He was a proud man who thought he was cheated out of his lineage, what would be his desire to duck? He wasn't scared of his power, he won the second half of the fight, ray was available to be hit and he had just made 11 million. Why wouldn't he want that situation again?
            His desire was .. boxing was **** he got screwed eirlier in his career to antefurmo and Monroe sr

Comment

His desire was .. boxing was **** he got screwed eirlier in his career to antefurmo and Monroe sr
              I know but he had a following at this point. Ray was more beloved, but he had fans, he just felt ray was a diva. If he felt the judges just robbed him he wouldn't have had an issue with ray. Hearns felt he was robbed in their second fight and wanted to fight ray until he died. I think it had more to do with the manner of the negotiations versus just robbery, like you said he had been robbed before and came back and reigned!

Comment

Well it tells me a lot about your knowledge if you think ward won.
                I know boxing and more importantly I know the nuances of scoring. I know judges are human too. I think kovs fast start, combined with the early kd and the change in pace afterward played into judges minds. I believe ward may have won some rounds because kov didn't dominate. For a fighter who is labeled as defensive this is par for the course. Kovs lack of energy was palpable and the whole arena saw it. He turned a light on and won round 10 but again the fact that Ward was consistent while kovs energy waned played a role in scoring. Yet and still I had ward winning 7 rounds.

Comment

I know boxing and more importantly I know the nuances of scoring. I know judges are human too. I think kovs fast start, combined with the early kd and the change in pace afterward played into judges minds. I believe ward may have won some rounds because kov didn't dominate. For a fighter who is labeled as defensive this is par for the course. Kovs lack of energy was palpable and the whole arena saw it. He turned a light on and won round 10 but again the fact that Ward was consistent while kovs energy waned played a role in scoring. Yet and still I had ward winning 7 rounds.
                  Yet you still can't name me 7 rounds ward won

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    I don't like the way Ward fights either and some of the tactics he uses are illegal. It's up to the ref to enforce the rules and often they fail to do so. Ward usually fights near his home town where he can do no wrong. I hope Kovalev knocks Ward out this time.
                    What ward does in ring is not boxing and wrong. If the refs think its legal then the refs are wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X