No announcement yet.

Hatton's win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatton's win

I reckon Hatton didn't absolutely deserve the win. he outpointed him but he probably would have lost if it was a 15 rounder. Of course it was only his first fight at welter, so he obviously needs to just improve... But I was still disappointed he didn't have a good win to gain US appreciation.

It wasnt all Hatton, Collazo is also a great fighter, and a southpaw.

Comment

He had an off night by his standards, Collazo is a talented fighter (we all know that now!)but Ricky did just enough so onto the next fight with many lessons learnt!

Comment

Collazo was a good southpaw. I think his right hand gave Ricky trouble.

But wats worrying for Hatton, is how he said Collazo hit hard. And Collazo isnt a big puncher. Also, the way Ricky was beaten to the punch way too often. Ricky seems to have forgoten how to outbox, he doesnt use his jab like he used to, and is relying too much on his pressure style.

I was dissapointed by Hattons performance. Although Collazo was much better than i thought he'd be, Hatton seemed not as strong and very vunerable.

Comment

I definately think Hatton deserved the win. He won on punch stats, by a decent margin in some areas, and even though Collazo says other wise he knocked Collazo down in the first. I've watched the left hook several times, and even though it didn't look to powerful he knocked him down. Sorry Collazo there was no foot in the way. OK the fight was very close and there were cerain areas where Collazo dominated but Ricky did also. Give Ricky the respect he deserves. He moved up a weight class and fought a champ and won. Like it or not he won.

Comment

Originally posted by sensi_many
            I definately think Hatton deserved the win. He won on punch stats, by a decent margin in some areas, and even though Collazo says other wise he knocked Collazo down in the first. I've watched the left hook several times, and even though it didn't look to powerful he knocked him down. Sorry Collazo there was no foot in the way. OK the fight was very close and there were cerain areas where Collazo dominated but Ricky did also. Give Ricky the respect he deserves. He moved up a weight class and fought a champ and won. Like it or not he won.
            Compubox counts punches that are landed while holding, and punches that were landed while Hatton was holding Collazo's head down. Collazo did everything better than hatton on saturday, the only thing he did not do is be consistent through the middle to later rounds.

Hatton did not perform well at all. He needs improvement, especially if he plans to fight Cotto, or PBF.

Comment

Working...
            X