Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H2H is Hearns unbeatable at 147-154?

Pick any 147-154, who could beat him?

SRL? Got lucky he gassed out.
    Benitez? Defense wasn't enough against the offense.

I think Hearns was the best boxer out of the Fab 4 if he had a good chin he would have been unbeatable.

Comment

Marvelous Hagler

Comment

Originally posted by Let's go champ View Post
        Marvelous Hagler
        Was getting his ass kicked until Hearns broke his hand.

Comment

How can you be unbeatable at a weight when you've lost at that weight?

Comment

In this modern era where they have 12 round fights and weigh-ins the day before Hearns would be much better off

Comment

If you take the Leonard fight as the measuring stick, he did win 9 or 10 of the 13 rounds but Leonard still got him in the end. Adding Benitez to the mix you would have to say that pure boxers like Whitaker are unlikely to ever defeat him. What you really need is a vicious offensive and an iron chin, combined with enough size and boxing ability to avoid him just beating you up.

Don't think anyone in the last 30 years really measures up. Oscar and Tito showed against each other that they didn't have the stones to really go for it against an opponent with serious firepower.

You probably have to go back to the old timers like Gavilian, Griffith, and obviously Robinson to find another welterweight that might beat him. I don't know enough about Gavilian or Griffith to say what their chances would be.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                How can you be unbeatable at a weight when you've lost at that weight?
                A case can be made. Under todays rules he wouldn't have got KO'd in the 14th because fights only go 12 and he was up on all the cards.

Comment

You could make an argument for McCallum at 154.

Comment

I wonder how an Armstrong fight would look?

I reckon Hank could have taken away a lot of Hearns advantages by getting inside his range, burying his head on Hearns chest and wailing away with those short shots

Hes probably just too small though.

Interesting one to think about. Would look preposterous in the ring

Comment

Working...
                    X