Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eight days later and no deal done. Not even whispers of them being close to a deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This kind of BS is ruining our sport. The top fighters dont want to risk anything these days. Golovkin will fight anyone. Jacobs must be having flashbacks to the pirog fight because that's what would happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Using common sense we know one guy is known for making deals while the other can't make a deal to save his life. I think it's pretty obvious what's going on.
      Using my reading skills I've read Jacobs wants 3 million on a fight that insiders say is only worth about 5 million. So while K2 could be screwing this up, it's equally likely that Jacobs is being greedy and overestimating his worth.

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
        Using my reading skills I've read Jacobs wants 3 million on a fight that insiders say is only worth about 5 million. So while K2 could be screwing this up, it's equally likely that Jacobs is being greedy and overestimating his worth.
        Only in the mind of a GGG fan can the person known for making big deals and fights be blamed while the guy who can't close a deal or big fight is innocent. There's a pattern with Loeffler and his track record shows he can't close a deal.

Comment

I think silence from both sides it is good. Seems like Negotiations still going on...HOPEFULLY! I think we will get GGG vs Jacobs early 2017 but Jacobs could take another fight before which will likely be a WEAK Opponent

Comment

Only in the mind of a GGG fan can the person known for making big deals and fights be blamed while the guy who can't close a deal or big fight is innocent. There's a pattern with Loeffler and his track record shows he can't close a deal.
            What big fights has Jacobs made? One with Quillin. And you can even debate how big of a fight it was because it only sold 8k in tickets and had 300k people tuning into see it. So it begs the question of how much is Jacobs really worth? I mean crap even Gonzalez got like 7k attendance and like 800k in viewers for his fight with Cuadras.

However like I originally said I'm not involved in negotiations so it's impossible to know who's to blame yet. If K2 truly is trying to screw Jacobs over I'll gladly come back and admit that. But unless you have some kind of inside information about what's being offered I'll hold my judgement until all the facts come out.

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
              What big fights has Jacobs made? One with Quillin. And you can even debate how big of a fight it was because it only sold 8k in tickets and had 300k people tuning into see it. So it begs the question of how much is Jacobs really worth? I mean crap even Gonzalez got like 7k attendance and like 800k in viewers for his fight with Cuadras.

However like I originally said I'm not involved in negotiations so it's impossible to know who's to blame yet. If K2 truly is trying to screw Jacobs over I'll gladly come back and admit that. But unless you have some kind of inside information about what's being offered I'll hold my judgement until all the facts come out.
              I'm not talking about Jacobs. I'm talking about Haymon and Loeffler. Show me results. I don't wanna hear woulda, coulda, shoulda's. I don't need to be in negotiations to realize that anytime Loeffler is part of a big deal he can't close. He'd be fired if he were in any other sport.

Comment

I'm not talking about Jacobs. I'm talking about Haymon and Loeffler. Show me results. I don't wanna hear woulda, coulda, shoulda's. I don't need to be in negotiations to realize that anytime Loeffler is part of a big deal he can't close. He'd be fired if he were in any other sport.
                I'll agree Haymon is a much better businessman than Loeffler. Hands down not even a question. But lets just lay it all on the table. What does K2 need to be offering Jacobs for you to say it's his fault?

Comment

Working...
                X