No announcement yet.

"Kovalev was afraid of Golovkin"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
    Is that why he said Cotto should retire years after Pacquiao had beaten him with a silly grin on his face? They talk ish bro, they can't help themselves.
    Maybe he actually believed that at the time, or he still had bad blood after the previous encounter. I should have added that to what I said earlier, there is no doubt that Roach is an antagonistic guy who carries the fight longer than the 12 rounds that his fighter fights. I don't think Sanchez's case is similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
      I do believe GGG is a better boxer than Kovalev, he is much more technically sound.

I just hope GGG will have right opportunities to prove his greatness.
      I'd agree with that but both sure are fun to watch.

Comment

You never know the circumstances. I mean at the time they sparred, it could have been between the death of the fighter or when Kovalev was coming off the first tough fight with Boone. So he may have been reluctant or lacked confidence at the time.

You would never notice that now though the way he fights. He all out attacks.

Comment

Originally posted by T18Z View Post
          How is it surprising? Kovalev said GGG is one of the best fighters in the world in his opinion, he said he hits very hard and is as tough as a "tank".

They sparred multiple times, he clearly was discouraged by GGG's pressure, defence and sheer power. If he claims he's as tough as a tank I presume that means he threw the kitchen sink at Golovkin and he didn't blink, meanwhile probably punched Kovalev in the chin in the process.

There's no need to assume an injury or illness when Golovkin spars LHW and hits as hard or harder than them, it's kind of obvious what happened.
          There is a video of GGG sparring with SSM and it looked pretty even so sparring doesnt tell you too much, cause it looked as if shane would give him problems

Comment

Shouldn't GGG be calling out WARD? or does that mean that GGG is scared of WARD?

Comment

it would be nice if we can develop some kind of european trash talking rivalry.

something better and manlier than broner vs malignaggi trash talk.

that was ghey.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tase View Post
                it would be nice if we can develop some kind of european trash talking rivalry.

something better and manlier than broner vs malignaggi trash talk.

that was ghey.
                Fury v. Haye, mate. Love the trash talk from that fight. Two of the best verbal warriors going at it.

GGG only spars SMW & LHWs I thought? I thought MWs couldn't take his power?

Anyways, Kovalev is a beast. Hopkins is ducking him. I'd like to see a GGG v. Kovalev fight in the next year or two.

Comment

Originally posted by MRCHOKEaMF View Post
                  There is a video of GGG sparring with SSM and it looked pretty even so sparring doesnt tell you too much, cause it looked as if shane would give him problems
                  You mean the video that had Mosley doing a lot of wrestling in the 2nd and 3rd round? Golovkin got the best of it and looked pretty comfortable doing it. Not that much should be taken from a sparring session.

Comment

Every Golovkin sparring session I have ever seen seemed good natured and relaxed. Unless they do not let the cameras roll when things get heated, I will chalk all this up to just Pride on Sanchez's part.

Comment

please tell me someone has video of that Angulo-GGG sparring session...dying to watch that

Comment

Working...
                      X