Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will you be rooting for on Saturday: Amir Khan or Marcos Maidana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amir Khan by an impressive KO.

Amir Khan vs Floyd Mayweather next!

Comment

Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
      Amir Khan by an impressive KO.

Amir Khan vs Floyd Mayweather next!

It's kinda cute how Amir's fans are as out of touch with reality as he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
        It might be a stretch to call it a robbery.

It's also a stretch to say Maidana's aggressiveness was ineffective and his blows were only landing on Kotelink's guard when Kotelnik came out of the fight looking like he had been in a serious car accident.
        I said MOST of Maidana's punches didn't land...he was throwing a shedload of punches and a lot got through...a lot also didnt...Maidana threw a shedload of punches whilst Kotelnik's output was significantly less but when he threw he was effective...Maidana's defence isnt the hardest to breach...

The guy I replied to called it a robbery and he can clarify himself but for the most part those who have called it a robbery tend to do so because they prefer aggression and output whether it lands or not...

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
          who has he fought since then? it's not his talent critics are questioning you know. anyway, i've always had amir winning this one by TKO inside 7 but i want maidana to badly knock him out, could happen any round. i'll be rooting for el chino, he's a low key dude.
          Since getting KO'd, Khan beat:

- Kotelnik. Out-boxed him for 12 rounds in impressive fashion, took a few shots and didn't get hurt (Kotelnik doesn't have power though, I'm just saying). Debut at 140, looked much more comfortable. Wins world-title.

- Salita. Fights a bum but you can't blame Khan because WBA made Salita his mandatory. Salita was undefeated though, but yeah he was a bum. Showcased impressive speed and power against an opponent that had never been KO'd. I'm sure Bradley, Alexander or Ortiz wouldn't beat Salita in 70 seconds.

- Malignaggi. Former World-champ, been in some high-profile fights (Cotto, Hatton, Diaz) and coming off the back of 2 wins versus Juan Diaz.. Feather-fisted yes, but you can't doubt that Malignaggi isn't quick and doesn't have good skills (he won a world-tilte with next to no power, just relying on his speed, skills and only good punch - his jab). Accomplished something that Cotto couldn't and stopped Malignaggi. Looked very impressive and showcased his speed, power and skills. Raised his profile in the USA. Malignaggi would have caused Bradley or Alexander more problems that he caused Khan. Malignaggi may even beat Kotelnik and Alexander.

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
          Khan, went of him for a while for cherry picking, but now he's fighting someone who is a threat (ie a puncher) he has my support.

Khan by TKO after dropping Maidana 3 times
          Who did he cherry pick?

Salita was his mandatory, he therefore had no choice but to fight him. He then fought Malignaggi, who is a good fighter, a solid name on his resume, a former world-champ coming off the back of 2 wins vs. Diaz. After a mandatory fight (Salita), Khan surely deserves to fight who he wants in his next fight after his mandatory (Malignaggi). He's fighting Maidana now which must surely prove that he isn't and has never been scared of Maidana.

Good prediction, but I don't think he knocks Maidana down three times. Twice max. I think the referee stops the fight in the 11th round because Maidana's taking too many sickening jabs and right straight, getting his head snapped back, with no reply to what Khan's dishing out to him. Maidana may also get cut.

Comment

im leaning towards the underdog... that packs a wallop..

Comment

I just want to see a good fight.

Comment

Maidana has a tough task ahead of him but i'll be rooting for Marco El chino Maidana by KO 6th- 8th rounds.

Comment

Maidana is going to KO Khan,it won't be easy I'm sure Roach had Khan working on a few things and has him ready for this fight..But I just don't think Khan has been in this tough ever in his career..If Joe Cortez let's these guys fight(and that's a big if,I hate Cortez)Maidana will catch and hurt Khan,Khan will not recover and the fight will be over..

Comment

Khan will drop Maidana 3 times and stop him in the 10th round

Comment

King khan to take the division by storm

Comment

Working...
                      X