No announcement yet.

Boxrec morons

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    Yeah, and those are the same one's that think because Ray Robinson never fought on HBO or Showtime he must not have been any good

Poet
    You seen Flawed's thread on the Fab 4 Poet?

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
      You seen Flawed's thread on the Fab 4 Poet?
      Yep! Typical BS from a flaming *****

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
        it crosses my mind each time i read threads about fighters from pre 1995 the vast majority of posters know absolutely nothing about any fighters before that period, so what they do is go to boxrec quickly look up a fighters record and base their whole argument from there, even tho they have never ever seen fight-footage of any fighters on the guys record, they trash that fighter as "He fought no-one" or "who did he beat" they also believe that any fighter who fought Pre 1960 and was filmed in Black & White or the old flicker film was nothing more than a tomato-can who could not bust a grape...The best way to deal with these Morons is as soon as you realize that they are a "BOXREC MORON" never read any of their posts again, that way the Forums become alot more enjoyable and the views read much more appreciable.
        Excellent point. One must do lots of reading and viewing fight footage before they can make a comment about a fighter's career. It is like someone claiming that Hector Camacho is an ATG by looking at his record because he has wins over washed up fighters like Duran and Leonard. Camacho was never the same fighter after his 1986 war with Edwin Rosario. After that, he became a drug addicted, run first fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
          Very handy for memory lapses, which we're all guilty of at times.. It gets worse as you get older apparantly.. GJC is the only exception to the rule, as he can relive aswell as actually remember what most of us, need to check up on (sometimes lol)..
          Bless you for that Mickey.
          I like boxingrec it is the sort of thing that makes me love the internet but it is a tool and it is useful for jogging failing memories. I've been reminded of fights i've actually been to and completely forgotten! And some fights I remember the fight and key parts of it but can't remember who won lol. So good bless boxingrec for helping me not look more of a fool than I usually do.
          But as for being the sole part of an argument it lacks a little bit like getting a recipe but not being able to cook.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Mellie View Post
            Grainy footage of fights from the 1920's to late 1960's dont really give you much to go on,and most literature seems to be written through a haze of dewey eyed nostalgia. So I really dont see that it helps all that much. You can get a sense of what was going on at the time,but you can never really feel it.
            You should really check out T4a's post in the video trading block

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=310955

its got highlights of fights from 1909-1960 pretty good quality and a wide range of fights its good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              Its a helpful tool if you want to fact check. I am glad it exists because I cannot remember every opponent everyone fought. I also like their p4p rankings better than Ring's though I agree it has some problems. That will always happen when you mix math with real life.
              Agreed. I use it for checking a fighters name when I can't remember how it's spelled, or to remember the name of fighters that the greats fought, but have simply slipped from my mind.

Another great use for it is when betting on undercards and fighters you've never heard of, you can go through their records and formulate a pretty decent idea of who's going to win.

Comment

Originally posted by KittenFlaps View Post
                Agreed. I use it for checking a fighters name when I can't remember how it's spelled, or to remember the name of fighters that the greats fought, but have simply slipped from my mind.

Another great use for it is when betting on undercards and fighters you've never heard of, you can go through their records and formulate a pretty decent idea of who's going to win.
                So true.... Every time either Darius M--------ski or Ike I-------chi, come into play, I'd be totally ****ed without Boxrec...

"KittenFlaps" !!!!.... Loooooooooool... Superb user name!!.... Cracked up, as soon as I saw it... Totally original.... Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                X