Comments Thread For: Mayweather: No Rush To Make Davis-Lomachenko Unification

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
    Great point.

I can't recall seeing any posts pushing for Valdez to get in there with Santa Cruz/Frampton/Russell/Mares, even though Valdez is a champion.

I could be wrong but it seems like there is way more pressure for Davis to fight a p4p name than other champions with comparable resumes.
    No, there hasn't been. Posters like daggum and others know Valdez is young and would get killed in with those guys.

Yet with Davis, they know he is young and Loma would kill him but they want him to fight him right now.

It's pretty obvious what is going on here. That why Daggum pivoted to race to try and deflect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
      His age means that there is still A LOT of room to grow whereas Lomo is already in his prime.

The age is important. Yes those guys were in their primes too but their primes are weaker than Lomos, but Davis's prime could be equal or better depending on how he develops.

That's where age/experience comes in. Lomo has a mountain of experience in the amateurs and he is in his prime. Davis has barely any amateur experience and he is 22 years old.

Floyd simply wants to level playing field a little more before matching Davis with Lomachenko, which is wise.
      So basically, it's like what I said; Floyd knows that Tank isn't ready for Lomachenko. It really has nothing to do with age because he just fought those two other guys, it has nothing to do with "baby steps" because he's already a champ. In the end, Tank is just simply not ready for Lomachenko yet and that's why Floyd doesn't want the fight but he'll also never admit it either.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        No, there hasn't been. Posters like daggum and others know Valdez is young and would get killed in with those guys.

Yet with Davis, they know he is young and Loma would kill him but they want him to fight him right now.

It's pretty obvious what is going on here. That why Daggum pivoted to race to try and deflect.
        its obvious whats going on yet you have no idea whats going on...so its def not obvious.

i dont know that loma would kill him. straw man champion over here going for another belt. i have more confidence in davis than you or even floyd. he might win or he might not. i dont know and i dont care. i just want to see it. you dont even want to see it becase he might lose.

you are the one who brought up race. do we have to go back and expose your lies? we have the transcripts. saying everything is racist kind of hurts when real racism happens so please stop. i want the best to fight the best. davis and loma are 2 of the best so lets hope they can fight but the fact is davis and his team said they dont want to fight so thats why they are being rightly criticized. stop beign passive aggressive and implying people who dont support ducking are racist
        Last edited by daggum; 05-22-2017, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Great point.

I can't recall seeing any posts pushing for Valdez to get in there with Santa Cruz/Frampton/Russell/Mares
          , even though Valdez is a champion in the same division.

I could be wrong but it seems like there is way more pressure for Davis to fight a p4p quality name than there is for other young champions with comparable resumes to do the same.
          great point? wow standards have been dropping aroudn here. how many valdez threads are there? no one cares about him but im sure there are people who do and want him to fight the best. im sure there are also people who want to protect him just like davis' protectors over here. thats how fanboyism works

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
            its obvious whats going on yet you have no idea whats going on...so its def not obvious.

i dont know that loma would kill him. straw man champion over here going for another belt. i have more confidence in davis than you or even floyd. he might win or he might not. i dont know and i dont care. i just want to see it. you dont even want to see it becase he might lose.

you are the one who brought up race. do we have to go back and expose your lies? we have the transcripts. saying everything is racist kind of hurts when real racism happens so please stop. i want the best to fight the best. davis and loma are 2 of the best so lets hope they can fight but the fact is davis and his team said they dont want to fight so thats why they are being rightly criticized. stop beign passive aggressive and implying people who dont support ducking are racist
            Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Promoters that have the most success are the ones with the smartest matchmakers. I dont know who MP's matchmakers are but if they are telling Floyd not to match Davis with Loma now and he is listening to them then good for him.

Floyd doesn't always listen to people. He may have something special in Davis and you need to build him properly the next 2-3 years. Listen to those who know more than you and guide his career properly.
            Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            We all agree the best should fight the best. With respect to your 1st paragraph-then Loma should be fighting Salido, Corrales, berchelt or Miura-all men who are ranked higher than Davis at 130.

NONE of the people calling for Davis/Loma or criticizing Floyd for this think Davis is ahead of the men I listed above. They want Loma to fight Davis because Loma would beat him and because Davis is promoted by Floyd.

in this era belts don't reflect how great a fighter is as they did a generation ago. Sometimes guys get belts because of their connections with promoters.

Even with the belt, every promoter builds young fighters slowly. For example, Is Top Rank going to match Oscar Valdez with Leo Santa Cruz, Russell or Frampton next? Of course not. No one is calling for Valdez to be put in with these guys. Yet posters go in on Floyd because he is actually being honest about not putting Davis in with Loma now.

Come on, its clear as day that this isn't about competition but something else.
            Originally posted by daggum View Post
            hes trying to fight salido and corrales, berchelt-miura are scheduled to fight so no he cant fight them yet. davis is trying to fight who??? any of the top guys? not that i know of.

i thought boxing was a business what happened? now its a dont hurt my guy hes too young leave him alone business?

let me guess its about rac...........race cars?
            Here is the transcript. you clearly bring up race.

Where did I bring up race? The something else is wanting to see someone associated with Floyd lose. You are one of these people so you deflected to race.

Typical scumbag f@ggot move. You can pretend all you want but you are not fooling anyone.

I have never seen you suggest Davis is one of the best at 130. Nor have I seen you complain about any of the top guys at 130 fight other people or see you call for any of them to fight Loma.

Yet suddenly you think he a top 130lber and are not sure if loma would win and thats why you want to see them fight. Floyd didn't give a timetable on the fight happening so it could happen in a year or so.

Honesty has never been your calling card so why should I be surprised now?

Why not match Tank against Salido? A former champ and a step up from everyone else he has fought. Historically, this is what would be done to build to a Loma/Davis fight.

Then maybe a unification before a Loma fight. This is exactly what has been done with other young champs and you have never made a peep about it.

of course that is how boxing works and its stupid of me to assume you actually like or care about the sport.
            Last edited by The Big Dunn; 05-22-2017, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
              Jeezus you dudes are ******s, the kid is 22 and just hit the big time, he is all quality so anybody with a brain would not rush him.

Its not about what age you are fighting its about the quality needed to mature your full potential as a fighter, you guys talk like these are fights behind the woodshed.

Go throw the gloves on have a few bouts then you will open your eyes.
              call me old fashioned but hes technically world champion and in my eyes that means he should be fighting anyone and everyone. just cause hes young doesnt mean he should have to protect that '0' at all costs. canelo lost when he was young and he seems to be doing okay now.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                great point? wow standards have been dropping aroudn here. how many valdez threads are there? no one cares about him but im sure there are people who do and want him to fight the best. im sure there are also people who want to protect him just like davis' protectors over here. thats how fanboyism works
                That's kinda my point isn't it?

No one cares if Valdez gets creamed, but there are apparently a lot of posters invested in seeing Davis lose as soon as possible. There aren't really any Davis fans. I don't see anyone with a Davis avi or making a Davis War Train thread etc etc. A lot of people are talking about him, but mostly it's about him being put into a match he'd be sure to lose.

Even other champs in the same division as Davis aren't seeing this much pressure to fight Lomachenko.

I'm not even opposed to the fight really, just amusing to see how high the standards have already been set for Davis compared with most other young champions. Though if I were managing Davis' career, I wouldn't put him in that match yet. Loma has already demolished fighters like Russell and Walters, wouldn't fancy Davis' chances.
                Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 05-22-2017, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Strange times...

You have Wilder who grabbed a belt and wasn't ready for any "Top Fighters", and now you have Tank who snatches a belt yet he is not ready for Loma.

Maybe all these sanctioning bodies need to stop giving rankings to guys who won't be ready to fight the best once they get a belt?

In my view, once you are champ, you fight the best. If you need to keep developing a fighter, don't have him fight for a belt.

That's why I gotta give it up to Joshua, his team put him in a dangerous fight to prove his worth and guess what, he came out on top.

If Tank is champ and Loma stays at 130 they need to make that fight happen. I think at this point there is no shame in loosing to Loma.

Oh and f7ck the zero......Let fighters fight.
                  Last edited by Banderivets; 05-22-2017, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
                    Strange times...

You have Wilder who grabbed a belt and wasn't ready for any "Top Fighters", and now you have Tank who snatches a belt yet he is not ready for Loma.

Maybe all these sanctioning bodies need to stop giving rankings to guys who won't be ready to fight the best once they get a belt?

In my view, once you are champ, you fight the best. If you need to keep developing a fighter, don't have him fight for a belt.

That's why I gotta give it up to Joshua, his team put him in a dangerous fight to prove his worth and guess what, he came out on top.

If Tank is champ and Loma stays at 130 they need to make that fight happen. I think at this point there is no shame in loosing to Loma.
                    Wilder and Davis are not in the same boat. Wilder needs to fight a name ASAP

Comment

Wilder and Davis are not in the same boat. Wilder needs to fight a name ASAP
                      Agreed.

Comment

Working...
                      X