No announcement yet.

Crawford is good but to achieve p4p greatness he must dominate welterweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crawford is good but to achieve p4p greatness he must dominate welterweight

Not taking anything away from him, undoubtedly he's the best at 140, but I'd like to see how he does against people who match him in height and reach. Most of the guys he faces are at least 2 inches shorter in height and/or reach.

Comment

When you start out saying, "not taking anything away from him," that's exactly what you are about to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
        Crawford is good but to achieve p4p greatness he must dominate welterweight

Not taking anything away from him, undoubtedly he's the best at 140, but I'd like to see how he does against people who match him in height and reach. Most of the guys he faces are at least 2 inches shorter in height and/or reach.
        ... I don't think he can dominate the WW at this stage... the WW is too "packed up" right now...

Comment

To me Bud it's already one of the top fighters in the world. As much as I want to see him boxing at 147, he does not need to be there to be considered on of the best, we have certain fighters that never move an ounce and they are considers top p4p???

Comment

He has already beaten the best in two weight classes. Why does he still need to do that in a third to be considered P4P, when there are guys on the list who have never moved up one single time?

Comment

Two time linear champ but he's not P4P

Comment

Dude is top 5 already hands down. Every time he fights, he makes it look easy to not only beat guys but knock them out. He has the dominance of Floyd but he closes the show every time whereas Floyd would bear hug, elbow, and cheat just to go 12 rds. There is none of that with Crawford.....he's a fight fan's fighter while delivering the sweet science.....what's not to like?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  He has already beaten the best in two weight classes. Why does he still need to do that in a third to be considered P4P, when there are guys on the list who have never moved up one single time?
                  Because those weight classes aren't all that. Middleweight is better than Junior welterweight. Plus he rarely fights guys his own size.

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  Two time linear champ but he's not P4P
                  He's p4p but not p4p greatness. If he conquers 147 he would be hands down the best fighter on the planet. He's certainly big enough to compete at welterweight.

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  Dude is top 5 already hands down. Every time he fights, he makes it look easy to not only beat guys but knock them out. He has the dominance of Floyd but he closes the show every time whereas Floyd would bear hug, elbow, and cheat just to go 12 rds. There is none of that with Crawford.....he's a fight fan's fighter while delivering the sweet science.....what's not to like?
                  Because he's so much bigger than the guys he faces.

Comment

He's definitely P4P, I'm not even a bud fan (I am but not a die hard) and he definitely deserves a spot

Comment

Working...
                    X