No announcement yet.

Canelo vs Chaves PPV did between 600k/700k

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
    Canelo can't break 1M without Money May. Not with Cotto. Not with Chavez Jr. And definitely not with Little G.
    Im guessing the Golovkin fight will do about 500k tops.

Comment

Hmmm.... Dan's new story states it might settle close to 1.2 million.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...-pay-per-views

There is still no official final tally for the Cinco de Mayo weekend fight, which was contested at a catchweight of 164.5 pounds. But multiple industry sources told ESPN the fight likely will settle closer to 1.2 million buys, meaning the domestic pay-per-view will have generated about $80 million, though around half that money goes to the cable and satellite providers.

Comment

That's how you know it did good. 97k. To 700k lol

Comment

so this great big mexican rivalry did slightly better than Khan Canelo? lol

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
            I'm not saying these numbers are right.. I'm just putting it out there

Eddie Hearn on twitter said AJ vs Vlad nearly did triple of what Canelo v Chaves.. Has he got connections in the US? Who knows.

But everyone believed this guy when he said GGG did 97k.
            I know, my comment was more against glaser ...

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
              Im guessing the Golovkin fight will do about 500k tops.
              So less than half of what Ronda Rousey did vs. Amanda Nunes. A chickfight.

This sport is in really bad shape.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
                Hmmm.... Dan's new story states it might settle close to 1.2 million.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...-pay-per-views
                $10,673,700 from 16,143 tickets sold!! Average ticket price was $650... OUCH.

I want boxing events to be successful.. The more money they make the better it is for the sport.. But I heel sorry for those who paid 650 to watch that **** show

Comment

And people will say "decent numbers." That's when you know it's in bad shape.

Comment

I don't watch UFC, but from what I've seen they sell their card not the main event as is done boxing.

Their cards always seem to be stacked as opposed to boxing where no one really cares about the undercard.

It's really two different forms of advertising, UFC is promoting and selling their brand while Boxing is strictly a fighter as the focal point.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                      Glaser always says 70%/75% of what was officially announced.
                      And yet he still does a ton more than goloofkin

Comment

Working...
                      X