Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Mayweather-McGregor, Crawford-Diaz, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Mayweather-McGregor, Crawford-Diaz, More

The Daily Bread Mailbag returns, with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tackling topics such as Terence Crawford vs. Felix Diaz, greatest performances by fighters like Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Ray Leonard, Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor, and more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Who fought better versus who was more impressive? He hit the nail on the head. It always gets cloudy when the event winner loses the fight but I suppose that is what makes the debating interesting.

Comment

hmmm conor isn't 12 rounds fighter, so mayweather probably can ko him if he gass-out

Comment

Dam I'm an Instagram boxing baby smh.

Comment

Great response by Breadman on all questions..In MMA they use 4oz gloves & that is what McGregor has been used to, now using gloves double the size(8oz) or even bigger(if they use 10oz) will take away a lot of that explosive power he has shown in MMA.Plus boxing is a different habitat for a MMA fighter when he could only punch(no grappling, kicks or elbows) & is limited to certain punches & ways of throwing them(no grab & hit, no back slap or back spinning punches or superman punches or hammer punches are allowed in boxing) & then facing the greatest technician & the best defensive boxer today does not help.So like Breadman says, I don't see Floyd loosing or even coming close..McGregor is gonna be really lost in that ring, worst than a birth control pill in a mans body..

Comment

Felix Díaz is what I call good talent that has been the victim of very bad management..Olympic gold medalist that has shown good skills yet has not been brought up the pros in the right manner..But depending how he looks against a great fighter like Crawford could work in 2 ways, if he looks good it could boost his career, but if he looses badly then it will just dig his career deeper..

Comment

This is one of the best articles I've read on this site. The part about winning the event and getting the decision was spot on. I still think Jacobs won the event and should have got the decision. I completely understand with Golovkin being the HBO fighter and the implications of the Canelo fight why he got the decision. The sections on the historical fights was also good. There definitely is generational gap between new and older fans. I will say it took me awhile to understand the intricacies of a fight. In the beginning I didn't have a clue what was going other than I could tell who was getting punched in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomasio View Post
                Felix Díaz is what I call good talent that has been the victim of very bad management..Olympic gold medalist that has shown good skills yet has not been brought up the pros in the right manner..But depending how he looks against a great fighter like Crawford could work in 2 ways, if he looks good it could boost his career, but if he looses badly then it will just dig his career deeper..
                I felt Diaz beat Peterson and got jobbed on the scorecards. Win , lose, or draw, he will definitely be Crawford's toughest fight to date. To me this is a 50/50 fight.

Comment

Originally posted by HAY-B View Post
                  I felt Diaz beat Peterson and got jobbed on the scorecards. Win , lose, or draw, he will definitely be Crawford's toughest fight to date. To me this is a 50/50 fight.
                  50/50 really? I like Diaz and think he's quite skilled, but TC is, at a minimum, equally skilled with a height and reach advantage. TC is a master at controlling distance. Most of the guys he's had close decisions with like Lamont, Grenados, Lartey did not control distance, instead opting to fight on the inside, something I guarantee TC will not do. I see a wide TC decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Oluminati View Post
                    50/50 really? I like Diaz and think he's quite skilled, but TC is, at a minimum, equally skilled with a height and reach advantage. TC is a master at controlling distance. Most of the guys he's had close decisions with like Lamont, Grenados, Lartey did not control distance, instead opting to fight on the inside, something I guarantee TC will not do. I see a wide TC decision.
                    I like Crawford. I think he is an elite talent but I also respect Diaz's boxing IQ. Diaz ain't Gamboa.
                    This is a fight I would not bet on because Diaz can be a spoiler. Crawford will be tested (not by Diaz's power) by Diaz's boxing abilities. I think this fight will be a chess match. Just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X