Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumours of McGregor retiring after UFC 205?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before he was rich he would post ridiculous parlays on twitter. No doubt he's been gambling hardcore with the money he had made. He wasnt a sharp bettor either.

Comment

Conor McGregor set to retire after UFC 205, eyes to fix family relationship.But is not a permanent !

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Sounds like they are just helping each other out. McGregor was looking like death making weight at 145 like 2 f#cking years ago. Whats he gonna look like now that he's not been at 145 in so long? Probably would f#cking pass out pre-fight & get his fight canceled any damn way.

So I'm thinking both sides are just playing around like the intention is to go back to 145 when its likely both sides (& Aldo) know its unlikely at best, but it helps everyone except the guys in play for the vacant title at 145 for McGregor to be a two title champ at the same time if he can pull it off.

I don't foresee a retirement post fight, but I mean there is a blueprint for this sorta thing that goes back to Floyd, Ali, SRL & SRR & etc & so on that makes it easy to suggest McGregor will bring some scarcity to his career sooner or later to enhance his value as many fighters have done before him. I just don't think it'll be after this next fight.

So u saying fighters use retirement as a marketing tool?

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
          So u saying fighters use retirement as a marketing tool?
          I think there is an element of that in what some high profile boxers do with these multiple retirement/layoff situations. By no means I'm I suggesting its the standard or the only thing in play or anything like that to be clear. I mean I can't even honestly say, nor can any other fans, whats a legit or non-legit retirement.

Comment

horse ****, he'll cash in as much pay days as he can.

Comment

I didn't believe the first rumor and I don't believe this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                I think there is an element of that in what some high profile boxers do with these multiple retirement/layoff situations. By no means I'm I suggesting its the standard or the only thing in play or anything like that to be clear. I mean I can't even honestly say, nor can any other fans, whats a legit or non-legit retirement.

Well McGregor already "retired" once.....lol

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
                  Well McGregor already "retired" once.....lol
                  Lol solid point.

Comment

His wife is pregnant. He's gonna take a few months off from fighting because he doesn't want Dee to be stressed about his fights. Once she gives birth he'll be back. This is from a source close to Mcgregor.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
                      His wife is pregnant. He's gonna take a few months off from fighting because he doesn't want Dee to be stressed about his fights. Once she gives birth he'll be back. This is from a source close to Mcgregor.
                      This actually makes a lot of sense

Comment

Working...
                      X