Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Officially Passes on Marquez Over Weight Dispute

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JMM knows he passed on a big payday and ass whooping but I think we will see Kirkland in the ring against Cotto

Comment

Maidana\Bradley vs Cotto at 154

Comment

Marquez has only 1 fight he can make that is worth watching, and it's a 5th fight with Manny Pacquiao.

I was skeptical of Cotto vs. Marquez, both guys have a certain expectation and attitude. I couldn't see them getting through negotiations for a fight that nobody even really cared about from the start.

If Cotto can still make it down to 147 (or close to it) there are some young fighters down there he could do big business with.

Marquez is pretty much done with major fights though unless he calls Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
          Maidana\Bradley vs Cotto at 154
          Maidana would die trying to make 154 in 2016. Would love Bradley vs. Cotto.

Comment

I'm a fan of both guys; and as much as i hate all the 'A side' talk..only one guy was going to be calling the shots in this fight.

Comment

Margarito-Angulo.

Winner gets Cotto.

Cotto gets to beat a shopworn Mexican name fighter to retire on, which has been his goal since the Canelo fight.

Make it happen damn it.

Comment

I was hoping this fight would happen. Now, I wouldn't be surprised if both of these guys would get beat down whomever they fight next, and be forced to retire for real.

Comment

They both need 2 b retired especially JMM between age and injuries he needs 2 take that last goodbye fight in MX just hang them up ...Cotto can just go away...

Comment

Darn! I was hopping for this fight.

May be Thurman will steep up? or Danny G!

Comment

Disappointing to me

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
                      Nobody wanted to see this right now anyway.

They should have fought after Marquez destroyed Alvarado.
                      I dont know man, I wanted to see the fight

It would be years late, thats for sure. But I like watching both in the ring, they have had some great fights in their career. I think their styles would make it an exciting fight for sure, even now when they are not in their primes anymore. Sure, it would have been amazing years ago, but still I would like to see it today.

Marquez looked pretty good in his last fight if I remember right. But that was +2 years ago already or so

Comment

Working...
                      X