Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top locations to avoid fights for whatever reason

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vegas. Anybody that watched Mayweather-Castillo 1 can vouch for that.

Comment

never fight in vegas if your fighting floyd, never

Comment

Germany, The Uk, Russia.. Thats my top 3

Comment

Germany is just horrendous. Awful paid-off judges and paid-off referees. I still remember the shambles that was Robin Reid vs Sven Ottke. At one point Reid hit Ottke with a clean shot and was warned by the ref. Absolutely sickening. That's only one of countless other incidents. Any foreign fighter who decides to fight there (and doesn't have a goofy made up name like Sebastian Battleaxe or speak fluent German) needs to know exactly what they're getting into. It's an entirely hostile environment in more ways than one.

The UK isn't quite so bad, though we do have terrible referees that let the hometown fan get away with murder. Case in point, Haye vs Ruiz, where Haye blatantly hits Ruiz behind the head two or three times and knocks him down. Ruiz is then counted before the ref decides to warn Haye about behind the head shots. I mean WTF? They also stop fights way too soon, and wave you off even if you look perfectly fine to continue. They do this to British fighters as well though (eg Groves).

Texas and Chechnya and places like that tend to be the wild west. Anything goes. Fights generally seem to be on the level there, but you don't know what sort of shady shenanigans they're going to pull off.

Russia's a mixed bag. Fights tend to be relatively fairly reffed and judged, but there's a huge issue with PED testing going on there at the moment, and that can't be ignored.

Comment

Working...
          X