No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto vs Billy HO Saunders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
    Why doesn't Canelo fight one of Eubank Jr or Saunders?

I get that everyone is duckig golovkin but that guy has beat nobody at 160
    I'm not sure, but I called for Canelo vs Saunders/Lee winner, I was in support of that. Why it didn't happen, I don't know maybe more money in a Khan fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      I'm not sure, but I called for Canelo vs Saunders/Lee winner, I was in support of that. Why it didn't happen, I don't know maybe more money in a Khan fight.
      He's fighting Amir Khan next which it seems to have escaped most people but that is utterly pathetic.

I sincearly doubt he himself will face Golovkin, who you have to assume will move up at some stage.

Eubank Jr would step to the challenge of Golovkin imo, i doubt many others will

Comment

He's fighting Amir Khan next which it seems to have escaped most people but that is utterly pathetic.

I sincearly doubt he himself will face Golovkin, who you have to assume will move up at some stage.

Eubank Jr would step to the challenge of Golovkin imo, i doubt many others will
        I hate it when fighters forego challenges/obvious dangerous fights that fans/media want for bigger money, easier fights. But everybody does it. Literally everybody does it. A long time ago I stopped caring and started understanding that nobody is a saint in boxing. Everybody always prefers to go where the money is at.

Comment

I hate it when fighters forego challenges/obvious dangerous fights that fans/media want for bigger money, easier fights. But everybody does it. Literally everybody does it. A long time ago I stopped caring and started understanding that nobody is a saint in boxing. Everybody always prefers to go where the money is at.
          Fighting Khan is taking it to the extremes though, i can't remember many worse cherry picks than dragging a chinny light welter, who's had a couple of average performances at welter, up two weight divisions.

Comment

Saunders will demolish him in 160...

Comment

This ^. I would love it if the sport was about every fighter stepping up to fight the best every time, but it ain't any more if it ever was. Risk and reward. It is what it is.

In this context I can understand Canelo or Cotto seeing BJS as a much more desirable opponent than GGG - and, if fact I personally see both as pretty interesting match-ups.

Comment

Tough to say. We've seen Cotto look utterly lost against Trout, but hold his own against Canelo. We've seen Saunders look brilliant against Eubank, but have a hard time pulling the trigger against Lee. I suppose it depends on which version of each shows up.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  Tough to say. We've seen Cotto look utterly lost against Trout, but hold his own against Canelo. We've seen Saunders look brilliant against Eubank, but have a hard time pulling the trigger against Lee. I suppose it depends on which version of each shows up.
                  he didnt look brillant against eubank jr one bit he just about nicked most of the early rounds and was hanging the whole second half.

Hes a hard man to beat but normally drops quite a few rounds late on

Comment

Fighting Khan is taking it to the extremes though, i can't remember many worse cherry picks than dragging a chinny light welter, who's had a couple of average performances at welter, up two weight divisions.
                    I highly doubt Khan is a 140 pounder, very doubtful. The guy would not make 140lbs even if Floyd Mayweather Jr told him to come down to that weight. Impossible. He's a WW.

Comment

Working...
                    X