Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: BoxingScene 2015 Upset of the Year: Fury UD12 Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: BoxingScene 2015 Upset of the Year: Fury UD12 Klitschko

By Cliff Rold - Sometimes it is about what it meant as much as what happened. The biggest, most significant upsets of all time have typically come at Heavyweight. There have been great upsets in the lighter classes. Lloyd Honeyghan-Donald Curry, Randy Turpin-Ray Robinson, and Steve Cruz-Barry McGuigan were all monsters in their respective domains. They don’t lend themselves to mythmaking the way the stories of the big fellas do.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Best win in all of boxing in 2015 IMO

Comment

They forgot to add "Stinker of the Year" award for the pathetic numbers landed by both fighters in an embarrassing, abysmal fight.
      Last edited by richardt; 12-31-2015, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        I agree. Thought others appear to think Mayweather-Pacquiao was a better fight due to the "numbers and significance."

Comment

Yep. It most definitely was.

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
            I agree. Thought others appear to think Mayweather-Pacquiao was a better fight due to the "numbers and significance."
            The favorite won the floyd/manny fight..,

Fury was a huge underdog, so I think it makes it even more impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              There's no question.

I love how people get caught up in the fact that it was a slow paced fight with few exchanges, like that matters in any way or like it takes away from the significance of this victory.

Comment

The Fury - Klitschko gets the nod here because of the importance of the fight, but is a fight we will not want to remember. For me Glowacki taking the cruiserweight title away from the long reigning champion Huck, both fighters fighting for the 1st time on the American soil, was the real upset/fight of the year, tough and bloody, momentum shifts, both down, Round 6 might be the round of the year as well, like the commentators say this is the kind of story you watch boxing for, I will remember this fight over the years.
                Another huge upset that was not mention anywere: Durodola TKO2 Kudryashov, Kudryashov was seen as an unstoppable force in the cruserweight division, coming to this fight with a record of 18 wins all by ko including some human highlights kos over quality opponents like Francisco Palacios and Juan Carlos Gomez. Durodola a huge underdog, was known for having some pop, started the fight well but was badly hurt to the body in the 1st round by the Russian Hammer, in the 2nd gain back his composure to put throw combinations that hurt and finally stopped the highly feard Russian power puncher.
                Other notable upsets that are coming in my mind: Edgar Jimenez MD10 Ivan Morales, Eden Sonsona TKO2 Adrian Estella, Badou Jack UD12 Anthony Dirrell, Willie Nelson TKO9 Tony Harrison, Viktor Postol KO10 Lucas Matthysse

Comment

Daggum def. Freedom via disqualification

Comment

Fury vs Klitschko was the upset of the year without question. Not a great fight but the way it played out was very unexpected.

Comment

Working...
                    X