Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto Rejects Margarito: Failed To Prove He Didn't Cheat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto bows to pressure, Manny isn't exactly the biggest hitter but even he made him essentially quit.

Comment

• Cotto does not want to revisit this match up again and i dont blame him. Cotto felt Margarito cheated the first time so he got his revenge in the second fight. There's no need for a third fight anymore. Kinda like Manny vs Marquez. Juan aint trying to go down that path again when he got the win in the last fight, same goes for Cotto. This match does nothing for Cotto.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
        I'm saying that his confidence was at an all time high after beating Cotto "clean" if he did. So to start playing dirty now is weird to me. You think he just throws away his honor and says **** it, let's start to cheat now when he Mosley fight came??? I don't buy that. I'm sorry man. I heard the stuff u mentioned but I just can't see it.
        There's no proof he himself knew about the wraps

His trainer would have known how badly the camp for Mosley went and that his fighter wasn't in condition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          There's no proof he himself knew about the wrapsHis trainer would have known how badly the camp for Mosley went and that his fighter wasn't in condition.
          Yeah right he didn't feel the plaster right... GTFOH.

Comment

• Originally posted by borikua View Post
            Yeah right he didn't feel the plaster right... GTFOH.
            Several trainers including Freddie Roach and Emmanuel Steward were on record as saying that it's certainly possible that Margarito didn't know about the inserts that were placed inside the knuckle pad. Even Nazim Richardson....

Dan Birmingham: “My guys watch me closely when I wrap. But what you’re talking about here happens pretty quickly. The pad goes on and then you put more gauze over it. So sure; it’s possible that the fighter wouldn’t know.”

Pat Burns: “Some fighters don’t pay attention when their hands are being wrapped. They’re listening to music or talking to someone or watching a television monitor. And even if they’re watching, they’re not wondering what’s in the knuckle pad. If I wanted to put a few layers of hardened gauze inside a fighter’s knuckle pads, I could and the fighter would never know.”

Freddie Roach: “If I did something like that, which I wouldn’t, I think I could do it without my fighter knowing. And if I was the fighter; Eddie Futch [who trained Roach] would never have done something like that. But if he had, I think he could have kept it secret from me.”

Don Turner: “I wouldn’t do it. I don’t cheat. But if I wanted to, unless what I was putting into the knuckle pad was very heavy, I could do it in a way that the fighter wouldn’t know. Even if the fighter is watching me wrap, he might not know because he wouldn’t see or feel the difference.”

Emanuel Steward: “My experience has been that a fighter watches very closely when his hands are being taped. But in a situation like this, it’s definitely possible that a trainer could put an insert in the knuckle pad without the fighter knowing. When I get in the dressing room before a fight, one of the first things I do is make two knuckle pads and put them on the table. I don’t put them in my bag. I leave them out on the table, and so does every other trainer I know of. So I have a hard time believing that Capetillo took the wrong knuckle pads out of his bag by mistake. But the fighter doesn’t watch me make the knuckle pads. A lot of times, the fighter isn’t even there when I make them. So the fighter wouldn’t know if I put something inside the pads unless I told him or the pads were heavy enough that he could feel a difference.”

Naazim Richardson: “I’m the wrong person to ask about this. If a guy is driving a truck and tries to run my daughter over and misses, don’t ask me what the punishment should be. But to be fair, yes, a fighter might not know.”

http://www.secondsout.com/columns/th...handwrap-issue

Comment

• A freaking block of plaster fall out man c'mon

Comment

• Opinions aside, Margarito hasn't beat a viable opponent since Cotto, which was 7 years ago. Also, since the wrap scandal Tony's record is a lackluster 1-3. The guy got caught cheating whether he "knew" or not, hence his suspension, and has a history of eye problems. Why are people clamoring to see this guy fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by borikua View Post
                  A freaking block of plaster fall out man c'mon
                  I just posted you testimonials from Hall of Fame trainers. Don't get mad at me, read and educate yourselves.

There was no "block of plaster". The investigation stated that the inserts were the size and dimensions of a credit card.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bardock View Post
                    The facts are too much for the fanboys to accept. They believe Cotto is some type of super human and took a beating with plaster for 11 rounds but received no permanent damage lol
                    People who've only watched boxing the last 1 - 8 years, and maybe a few youtube videos here or there. Clearly many never bothered to actually find out how an opponents face looks like after a plaster paris beat down either.
                    Last edited by turnedup; 11-02-2015, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by livershot73 View Post
                      They won't though, because they're delusional PRican fan-boys (not all of them)....excellent unbiased post my friend!
                      Sadly not just the rican fanboys either, we have a lot of homerism here. Whatever my skin color or race is that's who I fk's with mentality sickens me. Look at Gary Russell and Quillin how many "legit fans" here who try to pass themselves off as knowitalls of the sport abandoned both after literally slobbering them off hard before they had proven to be anything special, same goes for Broner. I mean we can literally say this about every group, and honestly it sucks!

Comment

Working...
                      X