Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which was more dissapointing? Floyds 389k ppv buys or GGG's 97k buys.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by imperial1 View Post
    People can knock Mayweather all they want one thing is for sure none of his Ppv's ever did this poorly hell didn't Mayorga / Mosley 2 do better than this lmao ..97 k wow someone just got hit with a reality check !
    lol..naw Mosley-Mayorga 2 barely cracked 1k...lol

Comment

• Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
      These dudes went from asking about what was more disappointing to what lost more money as it were the same thing, taking no context into consideration.

I'm a GGG and fan but his numbers are more disappointing. HBO ****ed it up with GGG's first ppv fight. It was against a no name, they tried to get people to buy the fight based on promises. I guessed they must've figured something like,

"Hey we do around 1.1-1.3m homes every time GGG fights, even if a quarter of them pay we'll peak at over 250k buys."

I'm pretty sure HBO was more disappointed than Showtime, which was his original question.
      Exactly..the goal post moved in 1 thread

Comment

• Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
        I'm well aware of the context, but that wasn't the question. It was a simple question that you guys refuse to answer. Nobody likes losing money in business.
        It actually was the TS' original question. He asked about disappointment and when we look at the context surrounding both fights. GGG's numbers were more disappointing.

Floyd/Berto was a **** match-up with one sided odds, no one wanted to see that, and was hated on from the start and a bunch of people planned to boycott the fight yet it managed to get close to 400k.

Golovkin is a rising star, who is backed and hyped by HBO. They promised a way, the next haggler/hearns. GGG's style is miles more entertaining to the general audience, yet they couldn't get 100k his fans to buy his ppv for whatever the reason was. That's disappointing.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
          Ok man i'll answer the question Floyd/Berto lost more money sure. Without lookig at the big picture yes the numbers are worse. Rejoice the fact that you don't understand the meaning of context.

Why are you so simple minded? Let me make an analogy for you.

Everyday from Monday through Friday you take a bus to the forest to collect berries that you later sell for a profit making around 10 bucks a day while spending 1 on the bus rides. On Thursday, you manage to find a bush filled with berries and to your amazement people outside the forest desperately want them and you sell them to them overpriced.

The berries end up giving you 50 bucks but the cherries sucked and they refuse to buy anymore from you. On Friday you don't catch the bus but you take a taxi and you don't sell any berries.You ended up losing money on the taxi ride and sure you said this day sucked but yesterday I made plenty so it isn't a total loss.

Do you think Showtime's budget is arranged on a fight to fight basis because if you think it was then you have no leg to stand on ironically calling Larry a financial genius.
          AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA yo I got like 3 of my coworkers reading this shit with me at this point lmao, this dude's hilarious.

Comment

• Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
            I'm well aware of the context, but that wasn't the question. It was a simple question that you guys refuse to answer. Nobody likes losing money in business.
            You're not aware of context, at all.

Comment

• Deevel and El Blanco have never ran a business so it's easy to see why they believe what they believe.

Comment

• Floyd's 389k buys

ИATAS, badass316, boxinghead530, Cruisin', Deevel916, El-blanco, hectari, Helm, Jc8804, killakali, KillaMane26, Kuyukut, olliesmiff, Slip Stream, The Future

Comment

• Floyds number are pumped up.

Ive heard they were really 235 k

No one caredbabout his supposed last fight.

The emergence of terrence crawford will guide may to forget about the lance armstrong of boxing

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                    GGG was hyped as such a huge draw and wow 97k is amazingly low
                    ESPN, etc all say 150,000. No journalist has reported 97k.

Comment

• Originally posted by Helm View Post
                      Floyd since he was biggest star in recent boxing history.

Golovkin is very popular only in this forum, normal people in the real world don't know him or don't give a shyt about him and wouldn't pay
                      Didn't know 97 thousand people were on this forum.

Comment

Working...
                      X