No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Guerrero: It’s Going to be a Dogfight with Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Guerrero: It’s Going to be a Dogfight with Mayweather

It was barely a year ago that all we were hearing from Robert Guerrero and his camp was about how he deserved a fight with Floyd Mayweather. But once the negotiations for Mayweather-Guerrero were actually under way earlier this year, Guerrero and his team were conspicuously quiet.

Not anymore.

Mayweather-Guerrero will air on Showtime pay-per-view on May 4. And Guerrero has been making his rounds in the media, including an appearance on KNBR in San Francisco with Tom Tolbert in which he elaborated on why he believes he can beat the best boxer in the sport today. [Click Here To Read More]

I'm expecting a ref to be picked who likes to break up the ropes action constantly..don't believe for a second they'll just let these guys fight straight up with little interference..if Robert is going to win he's going to have to do so in the middle of the ring.

Comment

Well, this answers the question whether he will box or brawl. I'm fully expecting Cortez to come out of retirement for this fight then.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

This is what I was expecting but Floyds gonna get a ref thats gonna keep those rough tactics to a minimum of course

Comment

You guys do know Mayweather doesn't chose who the Ref is, don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            You guys do know Mayweather doesn't chose who the Ref is, don't you?
            I thought he has some voice in who gets chose I thought both sides have to come to an agreement

Comment

You haters want the fight on the inside but you cry when the guy catches an elbow or two or twelve. People forget the Mayweather shell is designed for fighting in the inside.

Comment

Mayweather was ripping Cotto apart with his inside game. His uppercuts did some serious damage.

But Guerrero isn't going to get away with holding and hitting, and he shouldn't.

Comment

This is the one reason I think the fight will be entertaining; because everybody saw Robert's last outing against Berto... he is going to try the same thing on Floyd. He is going to try and make it as rough as possible. The thing is, those are the exact type of fights that bring out the best in Floyd and showcase his skillset the best. Should be fun.

Comment

Ummmmm...What draw doesn't get to choose who the Ref is? Oscar, SRL, Tyson, Arum for Pacquiao, and now Mayweather gets to choose.

Comment

Working...
                    X