No announcement yet.

Why was Manny afraid of Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    yea the dangerous oscar who got tuned up against forbes and beat no one for years except mayorga. great win! face it floyd is a fraud. he would never face cotto at 145, 147 or anywhere until cotto took 2 massive beatings. pac said he wouldn't fight anyone at 154 so yes pac is ducking everyone who fights at 154 and above. at least pac doesn't duck guys in his own division like floyd(margarito, cotto, pac) RETIREMENT TIME!
    cotto was on a wining streak and was the 154 champ at the time, yet Pac wanted none of that without a "Catchweight" so he blatantly "Ducks" him right after Cotto said no the such Catchweight... if many had the Balls he would have said? **** him, IŽll beat him worst and take his belt... but hey he didnt do it, it was up to floyd to do it

Comment

Originally posted by googol View Post
      a rematch after that boxing clinic? so let me get this straight.. Floyd is afraid of all the boxers he has schooled? get the **** out of here..!
      He's a troll, he doesn't mean anything he says.

Anyhow, Pac could have fought Cotto at 154 for big money but opted not to. Maybe Arum might not have felt confident at the time?

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
        Maybe Arum might not have felt confident at the time?
        that what bothers me, why do they need to make sure he has about 100% chance to win?

Comment

Originally posted by googol View Post
          that what bothers me, why do they need to make sure he has about 100% chance to win?
          why does he have to give cotto 154 when you himself said that manny would come in at 148? so, he has to give away 6 lbs at weigh in an likely much more at the ring in order to rematch a fighter he already ko'd? offering 150 even when he couldn't fill up to 150 is more than fair, given he's the draw.

cotto did a catchweight w/ marg rematch at less than 154 so he is able to make the weight and floyd seems to be very selective of his opponents, esp at 154 and don't even mention canelo..

Comment

Originally posted by pnksntdead View Post
            why does he have to give cotto 154 when you himself said that manny would come in at 148? so, he has to give away 6 lbs at weigh in an likely much more at the ring .
            Pac could have come at 150 like mayweather did against Oscar or 151 against Cotto, made no difference on the outcome of the fight.. fighting at the Champions weight limit while not cutting weight(didnt have to cut down to 147) its what gives him credit, while making the champ come down in weight because it may favor you will never be good on my book...

Comment

Working...
            X