it is guys like mitt romney who are ruining americans lives and here is why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it is guys like mitt romney who are ruining americans lives and here is why

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...tPbUVMHy5PYEPA

i am shocked that this guy has any support at all...

Comment

In before One Capitalist.

Comment

great read.

Comment

Yeah, not a bad read but the entire article was appealing to the readers emotions. Naturally I didn't bite.

Bain's first move was to fire all 258 workers, then invite them to reapply for their jobs at lower wages and a 50 percent cut in health care benefits.
          I agree with this. Good business move. Are they slaves? No....depending on their skill set and what they think they're worth, they can go elsewhere. We don't have jobs just for the sake of having jobs. Some of these people think they own these plants...like it's Marx's workers self-management or something.

Comment

Originally posted by One Capitalist View Post
            Yeah, not a bad read but the entire article was appealing to the readers emotions. Naturally I didn't bite.

I agree with this. Good business move. Are they slaves? No....depending on their skill set and what they think they're worth, they can go elsewhere. We don't have jobs just for the sake of having jobs. Some of these people think they own these plants...like it's Marx's workers self-management or something.
            Thats why unions are a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
              Thats why unions are a good thing.

Unions had their purpose in the days of human savagery. They have since worn out their welcome...and serve little to no constructive purpose other than overpaid moochers getting paid more than what the job is worth. Overpaid janitors when you could hire two more for the same price... per free market principles, and have them do a better job cleaning up the place with more manpower.

I've made a thread about Right To work laws and no Pro-Union Liberals came up with any cognitive reason (not emotion based arguments) on why it's a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by One Capitalist View Post

Unions had their purpose in the days of human savagery. They have since worn out their welcome...and serve little to no constructive purpose other than overpaid moochers getting paid more than what the job is worth. Overpaid janitors when you could hire two more for the same price... per free market principles, and have them do a better job cleaning up the place with more manpower.

I've made a thread about Right To work laws and no Pro-Union Liberals came up with any cognitive reason (not emotion based arguments) on why it's a bad thing.
                Only teamsters and autoworkers are what you described, carpenters, electricians, plumbers, iron workers, and operators are good hard working citizens who deserve a livable wage for said skill set.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                  Only teamsters and autoworkers are what you described, carpenters, electricians, plumbers, iron workers, and operators are good hard working citizens who deserve a livable wage for said skill set.

Whoever has in high to moderate demand skills also has options. No need to use the Union. Companies compete for skillful employers constantly by offering them higher salaries to get them to leave their competitors.

but as I said, a Union is fine as long as no one is forced to join, as per Right to Work laws.

Comment

Ron Paul 2012!

Comment

Working...
                    X