Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix has no idea what Apple is doing with $1 billion worth of shows

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] Netflix has no idea what Apple is doing with $1 billion worth of shows

Netflix has no idea what Apple is doing with $1 billion worth of shows

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 · 8:43 am · 22 Comments

“Netflix is pretty well versed in the art of burning through money to make internet TV,” Joan E. Solsman reports for CNET. “But like just about everyone else, the streaming service has no clue what Apple is doing with $1 billion of television programming.” “‘I don’t have any idea what that Apple product is going to be,’ Ted Sarandos, Netflix’s chief content officer, said Tuesday. ‘I don’t think anybody does. I don’t think people making shows for them have any idea,'” Solsman reports. “Sarandos, who was speaking at the Vanity Fair New Establishment Summit in Los Angeles, added that Netflix doesn’t ‘put much focus on any competitor.'”
    MacDailyNews Take: Sounds like Research in Motion.
    “So far Apple has nabbed big-name programming deals with the likes of Oprah Winfrey, Reese Witherspoon, M. Night Shyamalan and Steven Spielberg, among others,” Solsman reports. “But with the exception of some vague hints from CEO Tim Cook, Apple has been silent about how people will ever watch any of its shows.”
    Read more in the full article here.

all I know is when Disney Play comes out its game over for all them níggas Netflix, Hulu, Prime, they don't stand a chance

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
      all I know is when Disney Play comes out its game over for all them níggas Netflix, Hulu, Prime, they don't stand a chance
      Disney is gonna be a mfer. People re-watch the f#ck outta so much of their content. Some casualties are coming from that. Idk about all 3 of them, but some mfers are going down or will need to make a quick pivot.

Comment

Apple's plan as ridiculous as it is, seems pretty straightforward to me.

Exclusively lock down as many creatives as possible, for as long as possible, and simply let them create.

Not everything they come up with will be good, but the camps have track records of producing good/great content, the ideas will keep bubbling up, and any ideas worth developing will be eyed for development, but it for a film or TV series.

Comment

Yeah honestly besides Ozark and marvel shows I’ve been pretty underwhelmed with Netflix original content.

Hulu is pretty much next day cable. Prime I haven’t really check out tbh.

We will see what happens but Disney is a huge move, slot of people use these apps to distract their kids so Disney has a huge leg up in that regard.

Comment

Also the funny thing with all this competition people are gonna be switching from app to app each month. It’s gonna be hard for these apps to have a consistent base. At least with music you pretty much get everything besides jay z who is a mother****er for pulling his shiiit from everything but tidal which is the worst of the bunch

Comment

Originally posted by $Bullsfam$ View Post
              Yeah honestly besides Ozark and marvel shows I’ve been pretty underwhelmed with Netflix original content.

Hulu is pretty much next day cable. Prime I haven’t really check out tbh.

We will see what happens but Disney is a huge move, slot of people use these apps to distract their kids so Disney has a huge leg up in that regard.
              The Ozark
              The Ranch
              House Of Cards
              Marco Polo
              Orange is the New Black

they have a good track record imo

Comment

Working...
              X