Collapse
No announcement yet.

DAZN Announcing Team

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest, I think Ward is a natural. I enjoy Paulie on commentary as well, so I would have both of them with a more media savy guy. Bernstein would be ideal. Adam Smith is good for drama.

Comment

They need to get Steve Holdsworth.

Comment

Who's the british commentator for the WBSS ?

Him

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
          To be honest, I think Ward is a natural. I enjoy Paulie on commentary as well, so I would have both of them with a more media savy guy. Bernstein would be ideal. Adam Smith is good for drama.
          Be a great team , good picks !!

Comment

They need an energy/history/story guy (ranallo or lampley-like), an experience/knowledge guy(like a Roy Jones/Paulie Malignaggi), and a knowledgable/observant dude with a mix of things (like a Kellarman).
            They all have to mesh well too.

I really cant think of 3 that would fit. But for the second role, I would definitely look at Antonio Tarver. His performances are always very professional, insightful, and fun. He always mixes well with his colleagues too.
            Last edited by WombBat; 05-17-2018, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
              Who's the british commentator for the WBSS ?

Him

Ronald McIntosh. Good shout.

He calls most fights on his own though, I'm not sure how good he would be in a team.

Comment

Ian Darke
                David Dickinson
                Richie Woodhall

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Lol, but you could be right. I've been amazed at the boxing gigs Schaub has gotten cuz ik he don't know sh^t about boxing. Up til recently he's been a casual fan.

Think Espinoza digs Schaub too much for him to get cut loose for this gig doe, but a Schuab type guy wouldn't surprise me at all. Then again idk if I can fathom Hearn hiring such a guy necessarily so who knows.
                  I don't think that gig with Schaub is going to last that long.

The 'show' on YouTube is pretty bad. He has a speech impediment, exaggerates EVERYTHING, isn't that smart and isn't really a natural on camera....he also doesn't know much about Boxing. He knows the big hitters like Canelo, Khan, GGG, Loma, Wilder, AJ, Fury but other than that he is clueless you ask him about Rungvisai, Frampton, Andrade, Callum Smith, Usyk etc and he is CLUELESS.

He is lucky his podcast with Bryan Callen blew up when no one was really doing video podcasts on YouTube, especially in MMA. Hearn definitely wouldn't hire him anyway.

I'd like an Andre Ward on there, well-spoken, articiculate....

Al Bernstein would also be good but isn't he locked up by Showtime?

Paulie obviously would be phenomenal but same situation with Showtime? I know he does Sky Sports gigs but that's in the UK and not with a rival in the States.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                    I don't think that gig with Schaub is going to last that long.

The 'show' on YouTube is pretty bad. He has a speech impediment, exaggerates EVERYTHING, isn't that smart and isn't really a natural on camera....he also doesn't know much about Boxing. He knows the big hitters like Canelo, Khan, GGG, Loma, Wilder, AJ, Fury but other than that he is clueless you ask him about Rungvisai, Frampton, Andrade, Callum Smith, Usyk etc and he is CLUELESS.

He is lucky his podcast with Bryan Callen blew up when no one was really doing video podcasts on YouTube, especially in MMA. Hearn definitely wouldn't hire him anyway.
                    He's got personality. I enjoy him even with his limited knowledge about boxing. I'd be curious what more of the non-boxing fans think of him.

Al Bernstein would also be good but isn't he locked up by Showtime?
                    Yea. I mean Idk the details, but I can't believe Showtime wouldn't have him locked up.

Paulie obviously would be phenomenal but same situation with Showtime? I know he does Sky Sports gigs but that's in the UK and not with a rival in the States.
                    Paulie seems secondary enough that he might be able sneak away here & there like he does with Sky now, but thats a lot of shows so I'd bet against it.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                      The dream team would be Blackferatu, Kevin Kelley and Prince Naseem with Russian Buffer as ring announcer. Right mlac?
                      It's Mikhail Buffersky, man, get it right.

Comment

Working...
                      X