Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trial and tribulations of Beercules.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am following a simple strategy which helps at times..
    Eat your dinner early like 6-7 PM and the urge to booze isn't that much after..
    Not that this will stop you from drinking but your body can't take too much alcohol anyways after food..

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      PTSD is a real thing
      Not sure if you're BSing, but PTSD is real, but it's also taken advantage of big time because of disability.

I know a guy who gets a check every month because he has PTSD, but he plays War video games all the time.

Comment

you're lucky you dont live in CA. we have strict rules on DUI.

get caught a few times and it'll for sure make you think twice before drinking again.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
          theres no such thing as ''try''

you either do or you dont

(forgot which movie this came from)

get the shlt done, hombre
          Quoted Star Wars you have. Geek, you are.

OP needs professional help.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
            What are you doing in life now? are you working? studying? looking for a job?

Set yourself a career goal and pursue it with everything you got, you have nothing to lose, as soon as you have a goal you will stop drinking heavily. Nothing is worse than having too much time after a traumatic experience, you need to get yourself back into the cycle of life, things will get better if you want them to.

Therapy, medication, venting and so on never worked for me, but as soon as I decided to put my career first, everything else fell into place with time. Never imagined in a million years that I'll be where I'm at now in life, and god had nothing to do with it either.
            This guy is right.

You really have a lot of things you can do, if you put your mind to it.

Comment

Originally posted by E10Rifle View Post
              Quoted Star Wars you have. Geek, you are.

OP needs professional help.
              A lot of people quit drinking on their own.

It is AA propaganda which says AA is the only way. AA is actually just as successful as non-AA.

As for counseling, etc., it works for some, and not for others.

Again though, many people quit drinking on their own.

The Yoda quote actually is apt.

I read a similar thing once in a book by Alan Watts, about Toaism, called Tao: The Watercourse Way.

One way about the drinking thing, with respect to Taoism, is that you can just delay drinking--look to put it off for today. Then maybe tomorrow. Then maybe the next day; or maybe you drink; but after that, you try to delay again. It's kind of like conditioning your drinking habits. It can work.

Better yet, is to simply act without deliberation. Not think about quitting, just do it.

This has something in common with the martial arts, because daoism inundates the philosophy of martial arts. Just like a well trained fighter can react to an opponent's movement without deliberation, it is kind of like a trick of the mind to do the same thing, with respect to lifestyle actions.

Comment

Well lets start off: I'm an alcoholic, I try to stop drinking but I never can't.

I went to an AA meeting. Threw up on the ****ing carpet. Pathetic.

That's all.
                We kinda suffer in silence, your uncle sends you kisses...
                We share our grief, but it only resonates with other sufferers...you are family

Samba pa ti...

Comment

Well lets start off: I'm an alcoholic, I try to stop drinking but I never can't.

I went to an AA meeting. Threw up on the ****ing carpet. Pathetic.

That's all.
                  For you, and your familia

Listen, just listen marine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxwxM8qVnK4

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
                    I am following a simple strategy which helps at times..
                    Eat your dinner early like 6-7 PM and the urge to booze isn't that much after..
                    Not that this will stop you from drinking but your body can't take too much alcohol anyways after food..
                    Ikon da be,I've that only loving people drink, after being ****ed over by people, especially people they intuitively trusted...

What do you think????

Comment

I'm trying. I swear I am. But what the ****? That's crazy.

Saw one of my Marines had his brains blown out. I had to pick up the pieces.

I was only 19.

PTSD is a real thing
                      What do you do for work?
                      Last edited by JimRaynor; 12-04-2017, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X