Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Canelo/DAZN Deal Will End PPV Boxing In the United States

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
    Evil never sleeps, so do I!
    ill challenge you lol....by the way razors backdoor must be ruined by oscars spatula.

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
      ill challenge you lol....by the way razors backdoor must be ruined by oscars spatula.
      We don't know, it might have been a cheese grater last time. Poor bastard

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
        He’s got 50 fights in, I don’t think discipline is going to be an issue. If he loses it’ll be because the person he lost to was better or just too big, not for a lack if preparation, etc.

His name and following is too strong to go away at this stage. He’d need to lose 5-6 times which seems unlikely. He’s by far the most skilled in his respective weight class and outside of a few stylistic/size disadvantages, he’s the favorite against everyone outside of maybe GGG at a 50/50 type. That’s against the top guys and he’ll likely not be fighting the best guy every time out. No one does.

Lets say he beats Rocky, goes back down and fights whoever and loses.. youre looking at potentially a trilogy there. If he loses to an inhouse guy or has a terrific fight and has a trilogy, DAZN benefits. They have another player who competed with Canelo. They have an easily sellable fight. They get to promote AJ’’s next fights, etc etc. alternate big fight and two lessers, etc. having AJ as well is going to allow them to have at *least* two massive events a year if they go one big fight, one soft touch, etc etc.

Whether Canelo comes out of this deal undefeated isnt the main thing. Its having Canelo right now that is. 2 fights a year for 5 years is a nice easy pace that the stars tend to fight at and we’re lucky to get 3 fights out of them per year. Hell, he could take a year off and do 3 fights the next year, and three fights two years later and its still fine. Everyone wins
        There are a lot of ways it can work no doubt and I would agree that DAZN pretty much needed the deal at any price, it gives their network a real face for the next couple of years no doubt. Plus the extra GBP content outside Canelo which adds to their already pretty good boxing content.

It is just a very long contract in boxing terms because one bad defeat changes someones value on a dime in this sport, Canelo obviously has a bit more staying power than that because even if he loses bad his comeback would generate interest. So I would put it more of a two or three losses would effect his value, not that it would be gone at that point just diminished.

Really any sport contract with a guy that age has the same questions attached it though, he could be on the way out or he could still have another huge deal to get after the end it is just one of those things at the end is uncertain.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
          I actually live in the LA area and have yet to find a bar or sports bar that streams any sports. Netflix isn't a live stream though. I understand smart TVs have been around but does that mean that a bar or sports bar thats been around longer has upgraded their tvs to smart tvs? Dave and Buster and BWW are 2 places that I've asked their managers and they pretty much said they aren't set up to stream fights on apps.
          And what im saying is that i could walk into the most traditional old school pub in my town in little old cambridgeshire and find that their TV's are either SMART tv's or they have the capability through a secondary device to stream to that TV.

Sorry, but if a bar in ****ing LA wont upgrade TV's to smart TV's and set up a closed wifi connection of 10 mbps to service the stream of DAZN to that TV then that is on the ****ty bar owners not DAZN or their failure to be inclusive to bars and pubs.

Amazon have bought a UK football package for our premier league to start showing some of the matches on prime here in britain, exactly the same things as DAZN and huge amounts of pubs here are all set up for those games so they dont get left behind in the future years.

A failure of your local economy to keep up when its in their best interests to do so cant be put on the doorstep of the companies moving forward with technology.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
            Like not giving us D.Wilder/Aj?
            Hearn wants to discuss that matchup before Wilder vs Fury, but all his management (and dip**** fans) keep coming out with is "Wilder should wait till he wins and negotiate for more of the pie" but that's not all that Eddie wants to talk about ... he's trying to save time and reduce the chance of the fight not happening in April, by getting all the other details sorted so they can just sit down after the fight and hammer out the important ones like the percentage cuts, rematch clauses and so on. No one is forcing Finkel to sign anything, Hearn just wants to meet and talk but Shelley continues to duck and dodge, it's beyond a joke.
            Last edited by Zn1; 10-17-2018, 03:42 PM.

Comment

I may just drop cable and get this with Netflix and call it a day. I can watch football for free with a OTA Antenna.

Comment

Duck Zone is doing nothing but overpaying B and C level fighters, Eddie Sperm has been putting on trash fights and the Duck Zone is currently in the RED/NEGATIVE, so they go out and over pay a guy who has been given gift decisions, whoop de do, only because Eddie has been failing Duck Zone, lolllllllllllll

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
                  Arum predicted the demise of Showtime boxing too.
                  I've never been a Bobfather believer, but he's right this time.
                  I for one would want to see all these dormant fighters they have to be covered by one DAZN umbrella.
                  It's about time.
                  Showtime's app has over 4M subs to date and is the fastest growing in their category. They'll be fine lol

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                    And what im saying is that i could walk into the most traditional old school pub in my town in little old cambridgeshire and find that their TV's are either SMART tv's or they have the capability through a secondary device to stream to that TV.

Sorry, but if a bar in ****ing LA wont upgrade TV's to smart TV's and set up a closed wifi connection of 10 mbps to service the stream of DAZN to that TV then that is on the ****ty bar owners not DAZN or their failure to be inclusive to bars and pubs.

Amazon have bought a UK football package for our premier league to start showing some of the matches on prime here in britain, exactly the same things as DAZN and huge amounts of pubs here are all set up for those games so they dont get left behind in the future years.

A failure of your local economy to keep up when its in their best interests to do so cant be put on the doorstep of the companies moving forward with technology.
                    NOt really because they don't see boxing that popular as the other sports that are available daily. NFL, NBA, MLB and soccer are more the focus to them. They don't see the need to set up to stream 2 or 3 fights a year. They'll show what ever boxing fights are available on their cable or satellite packages. ESPN, Showtime, Fox are available at every location. You are right, that's on the bar owners, not DAZN however, that is less people that get to view their product because a bar owner doesn't feel the need to stream DAZN or ESPN+. Every sports bar is doing ok without streaming boxing. Sports are packed by 10 am every Saturday and Sunday to watch college and NFL football. Baseball brings in customers daily through the season and especially now with the playoffs. Same thing with the NBA and NHL and Soccer.
                    Last edited by filup79; 10-17-2018, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• So Hearn had nothing to do with the Golden Boy Deal? Does anyone know?

Comment

Working...
                      X