Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, the big stiff pea head got sparked.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@generalbino....just want to make it clear that I was not dissing Frank who was a brave warrior and a lethal, top-level puncher as well. He also won a WBC heavyweight title belt.

My main point...which I admittedly did not make very well, was that DP looks like another huge puncher who can beat the best, but can also be badly buzzed himself and very vulnerable himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodyshot3 View Post
      @generalbino....just want to make it clear that I was not dissing Frank who was a brave warrior and a lethal, top-level puncher as well. He also won a WBC heavyweight title belt.

My main point...which I admittedly did not make very well, was that DP looks like another huge puncher who can beat the best, but can also be badly buzzed himself and very vulnerable himself.
      ah right i thought u meant the way he got KOd, yeah thats a fair enough comparison. Pricey might just be a bigger puncher although i'll reserve judgement on that until i see him with someone who has proven they can take a punch at world level. Bruno's jab though let him compete with guys at a world level, and im not certain Price will be able to take on top 10 guys and not get KTFO without some big improvements.

Comment

Agreed General....Bruno's jab was a world-class power-shot in its own right.

It gave a peak Lennox Lewis a proper battering for a few rounds, totally busted-up and sickened McCall and dealt with seriously big, hard men like Ekuland, Bugner, Williams and Coetzee.

My main concern about Price is that he looks so vulnerable when he is hit, unable to grab and hold, or just move away and find the time to recover.

And that does remind me of big Frank.

Comment

price needs to use a Wlad strategy - imrpove his jab, deliver one-two combinations, make use of his reach to keep opponents from hitting him. contrary to others I think his hand speed is quite alright for such a big man. and as you stated, he needs to learn how to clinch and hold tactically.

in short: price would need manny as a trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolor View Post
            price needs to use a Wlad strategy - imrpove his jab, deliver one-two combinations, make use of his reach to keep opponents from hitting him. contrary to others I think his hand speed is quite alright for such a big man. and as you stated, he needs to learn how to clinch and hold tactically.

in short: price would need manny as a trainer.
            He would do well with the wlad style of fighting as he's 6,9. But Price is 29 and not very active for a pro. Guys like wlad took beatings when they were younger and had 8-9 fights per year to change style and improve upon defences. Price doesnt fight enough to make changes plus doesnt want to change team or learn to change.

Also what a chap said earlier. Dillain Whyte looks like a decent prospect, shame he got caught up in the Jack3d scandal. He was about to fight Mcdermot who beat fury (Dodgy decision) and fought price only a year ago or so. Plus Whyte is only 23-24 so hope to see him back in the ring quick time.

Comment

thing i noticed from the price fight was the way thompson took his punches.

price had him in the corner and hit him with some (although not clean) pretty big shots and thompson jus walked out the corner almost smiling

i knew price was ****ed then

Comment

Working...
              X